Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Omni-Power Coil-Overs on 99-00 Civic Si

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Omni-Power Coil-Overs on 99-00 Civic Si

I installed the Omni-Power Coil-Overs on my 00 Civic Si this weekend.

I have stock shocks w/ Goldline springs before this. Which actually was not that bad and did enjoy while I had them.
First thing I noticed once I planted my *** in the seat, was the higher spring rates. I wiegh about 200lbs and the car did not move at all once i sat down.
These do have noticably stiff springs (10k/8k) but not too stiff for the street, which i mainly drive around in. Adjusting the coil-overs is somewhat easy, alot easier with the car on a lift, but is do-able while on the ground. The coil-overs do seem to be built very well, and do look like they will hold-up quit well over time (we will see)
My only gripe are adjustment wrenches, they are kind of hard to put in the dials , and you may scrape a knuckel or 2.
The rears are very low out of the box and i need to adjust them this week sometime.

Overall, I am extrmely impressed with the quality and build of the omni power coil-over. I would recommend it to my friends and customers. It seems to be a very good bang-for-the-buck modification. I want to thank Steve for personally dropping off the product and helping me with any questions i had!!!

Omni-Power

Here are some pics for your enjoyment:

I will try to answer any questions, i can help with!!!
We are authorized Omni-Power retailers. We do sell these online and at our Upland,Ca location. Installation is available (appointment only)
Locals can stop by and check them out, if you want to see the quality of them out fo the box.

Thanks
Rob
http://www.robearracing.com

Modified by RobearRacing at 12:53 AM 8/17/2004
Old 08-16-2004, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Omni-Power Coil-Overs on 99-00 Civic Si (RobearRacing)

Nice I was thinking of purchasing a set my self.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm interested to hear how the ride is on a daily driver. The spring rates seemed high to me.

You deffinately look like you need some ride adjustment! The front looks higher than the back, with some negative camber in the back.

I think the one thing that sold me on the Ground Controls is the one set screw/single perch. No need for lock rings.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:42 PM

Default Re: Omni-Power Coil-Overs on 99-00 Civic Si (Marauder)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Marauder &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I'm interested to hear how the ride is on a daily driver. The spring rates seemed high to me.

You deffinately look like you need some ride adjustment! The front looks higher than the back, with some negative camber in the back.

I think the one thing that sold me on the Ground Controls is the one set screw/single perch. No need for lock rings.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Your correct on the adjustment. I need to dial-in the correct height on all 4 corners, the pics are right off the lift.

I will post a response on daily ride quality in about a week, after i broke them in.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:42 PM

Default Re: Omni-Power Coil-Overs on 99-00 Civic Si (Marauder)

looks good man.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:47 PM
OG triple OG

Default Re: Omni-Power Coil-Overs on 99-00 Civic Si (JamesQ)

sick
Old 08-16-2004, 06:06 PM

Default Re: Omni-Power Coil-Overs on 99-00 Civic Si (Hella_JDM)

looks great. i plan on getting some eventually when i get richer...

by the way. do you even have a hatch?
Old 08-17-2004, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RobearRacing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your correct on the adjustment. I need to dial-in the correct height on all 4 corners, the pics are right off the lift. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I hear ya there, when I installed the koni yellows and ground controls on my integra, I set the ride height and eyeballed the camber, but still need to have it aligned and put new tires on.
Old 08-17-2004, 07:53 AM

Sweet. I have a 99 Si and have been debating between these or a set of entry level Tein or JIC coilovers to replace my current set up of Tokico HP shocks and Weapon R adjustable springs ( on the Weapon R springs.) I am glad that these have done so well. You definitely can't beat the price on them. Can't wait to order my set. Thanks for the review.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:44 AM

Default Re: Omni-Power Coil-Overs on 99-00 Civic Si (ironmonkee)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ironmonkee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sweet. I have a 99 Si and have been debating between these or a set of entry level Tein or JIC coilovers to replace my current set up of Tokico HP shocks and Weapon R adjustable springs ( on the Weapon R springs.) I am glad that these have done so well. You definitely can't beat the price on them. Can't wait to order my set. Thanks for the review.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No problem on the review, i am taking it to the canyon runs this weekend, see how they do on the twisties!
When you need a set, keep me in mind.
Old 08-17-2004, 06:13 PM

how much were those? i want some.........
Old 08-17-2004, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm buying those for my eh2 this fall. where you pick them up at and the price?
Old 08-17-2004, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Omni-Power Coil-Overs on 99-00 Civic Si (wisjdmhonda)

i just got my set, still waiting to install them. Did you preload them before you installed them or did you just slap them on?
Old 08-18-2004, 09:44 AM

Default Re: Omni-Power Coil-Overs on 99-00 Civic Si (Vp Special K)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civicguy1xxxxx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how much were those? i want some.........</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wisjdmhonda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm buying those for my eh2 this fall. where you pick them up at and the price?</TD></TR></TABLE>
We sell them for a great price, call me up at 909-982-4927, we are an authorized dealer and offer a warranty
http://www.robearracing.com

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Vp Special K &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i just got my set, still waiting to install them. Did you preload them before you installed them or did you just slap them on?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I actually did not pre-load them until I got the height I wanted. This is crucial, because it does make them ride alot better after you pre-load them. I will post new pictures this weekend, I adjusted the heigth, and hopefully get the comptech bar i ordered for the rear. :crosses fingers:

ANyhow, i will keep it updated.
Old 08-18-2004, 09:46 AM
Trial User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RobearRacing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I actually did not pre-load them until I got the height I wanted. This is crucial, because it does make them ride alot better. I will post new pictures this weekend, I adjusted the heigth, and hopefully get the comptech bar i ordered for the rear. :crosses fingers:

ANyhow, i will keep it updated.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

so you mean you followed omnipower's instructions with preloading right. loosening the 19mm nut before installing, and after desired ride height is achieved, then tighten it back down?

to readjust height, one would have to loosen the 19mm nut again, adjust height, then tighten the 19mm nut again right? the act of tightening the 19mm is the actual preloading correct?
Old 08-18-2004, 09:50 AM

Default Re: Omni-Power Coil-Overs on 99-00 Civic Si (aZnjCC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aZnjCC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

so you mean you followed omnipower's instructions with preloading right. loosening the 19mm nut before installing, and after desired ride height is achieved, then tighten it back down?

to readjust height, one would have to loosen the 19mm nut again, adjust height, then tighten the 19mm nut again right? the act of tightening the 19mm is the actual preloading correct?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Correct,, i had to remove the LCA from the bottom of the strut to tighten the bolt back up. This was after i adjusted the height, and rode on them for 100+ miles that weekend. If highly suggest to do this after you do the height to save a few headaches.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:08 AM
Trial User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RobearRacing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Correct,, i had to remove the LCA from the bottom of the strut to tighten the bolt back up. This was after i adjusted the height, and rode on them for 100+ miles that weekend. If highly suggest to do this after you do the height to save a few headaches. </TD></TR></TABLE>

whoa whoa, sorry for what might be a silly question, but why did you need to remove the LCA in order to tighten the 19mm nut?
Old 08-18-2004, 10:10 AM

Default Re: Omni-Power Coil-Overs on 99-00 Civic Si (aZnjCC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aZnjCC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

whoa whoa, sorry for what might be a silly question, but why did you need to remove the LCA in order to tighten the 19mm nut?</TD></TR></TABLE>

There is a nut on top which you tighten, but there is another bolt on the bottom which will come lose while trying to adjust it (at least it did with mine), you have to make sure that bolt is tight.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:34 AM
Trial User

ah i c i c. cool thanks for the info
Old 08-18-2004, 10:50 AM

Default Re: (aZnjCC)

what does the preloading do??