Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Omni coilover settings?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Omni coilover settings?

How much preload do you guys add for a perfect ride?

How many inches?
Old 11-26-2004, 03:29 PM

Default Re: Omni coilover settings? (civic123)

Until the locking nut reaches the top of the shock piston.
Old 11-26-2004, 03:43 PM
KSE

Default Re: Omni coilover settings? (_Project EJOne)

Funny question because I think I may have over preloaded my driver side rear coilover. It's bouncy as hell but Im afraid to remove some of the preload since I just spent so much time and effort getting the car aligned.
Old 11-26-2004, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Omni coilover settings? (_Project EJOne)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by _Project EJOne &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Until the locking nut reaches the top of the shock piston.</TD></TR></TABLE>

STFU! You idiot!

Do anyone have any idea or experience with adjusting it, since H-T members use it the most.
Old 11-26-2004, 05:02 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civic123 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

STFU! You idiot!

Do anyone have any idea or experience with adjusting it, since H-T members use it the most.</TD></TR></TABLE>

WTF? I have this **** and that's exactly how you preload it. I got those instructions from calling Omnipower himself. You bring the top locking nut until it sits flush with the top of the shock piston, then you bring up the perch that holds the spring until the spring reaches the chassis. Then you tighten the nut down. And that, my friend, is how you preload these ******* coilovers!
Old 11-26-2004, 05:16 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civic123 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

STFU! You idiot!

Do anyone have any idea or experience with adjusting it, since H-T members use it the most.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I need people with experience not damn instructions. Still rides to stiff & bouncy with there instructions.
Old 11-26-2004, 05:32 PM
Electrician

I need people with experience not damn instructions. Still rides to stiff & bouncy with there instructions.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You sure are very negative for someone who needs help. Remember, you're here because YOU need help, not us. Don't be soo negative, otherwise, no one will help.

BTW, I don't think Omni will give you false instructions on pre-load. Just a thought.
Old 11-26-2004, 05:51 PM

I need people with experience not damn instructions. Still rides to stiff & bouncy with there instructions.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn ******* noobs. With experience? He just told you how to adjust meaning he most likely has some idea of how to do it against that of you. That's how you adjust it. He was trying to help you out. For someone needs help, your a ******* ***
Old 11-26-2004, 05:59 PM
KSE

Are all 4 of your sides "too stiff and bouncy"? No matter what, the ride is going to be stiff with 10k/8k springs.

This is what happened in my situation. I began by installing the front shocks with the preload as the instructions gave but I didnt use force to tighten the upper perch of the spring after lossening the top nut and raising everything. I just raised it and tightened the locking perch.

As I moved on to the rear, I began to think that the more the preload the better right? So I loosened the top nuts, raised everything and tightened the hell out of that top perch compressing the springs as much as I could with my muscles. I dont know what the hell possessed me to do that.

And now, my fronts are perfect. Stiff but not bouncy, but my rear particularly my driver side is bouncy as heck. It bobs up and down on seemingly flat road.

What might help if you preloaded the springs already is removing some of the preload by lowering the dual perches a few thread heights at a time. This should decrease the preload but I'm not sure how much it will affect height. You could probably compensate for any height change by adjusting the shock body. This should be very easy to try on the fronts at least.

Do you have the street or track version coilovers?