Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

omni camber and coilover install help please...

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default omni camber and coilover install help please...

im having a hard time bringing the rotor and arm back up to the camber kit and i feel like the axle may have popped out. i did the passenger side no problem, but i cant seem to push the other side in. wanted to know if anyone else had this problem and would appreciate any help thanks guys.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: omni camber and coilover install help please... (X93siX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by X93siX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im having a hard time bringing the rotor and arm back up to the camber kit and i feel like the axle may have popped out. i did the passenger side no problem, but i cant seem to push the other side in. wanted to know if anyone else had this problem and would appreciate any help thanks guys.</TD></TR></TABLE>

what i like to do when i come across situations like this is, take the jack and place it on the LCA, then jack it up slowly until everything lines up.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: omni camber and coilover install help please... (philosofy1)

I do the same thing.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ive done that several times and i cant push the arm back in, its like the axle popped out and wont let me push in (not up) to the uca
Old 12-15-2007, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (X93siX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by X93siX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ive done that several times and i cant push the arm back in, its like the axle popped out and wont let me push in (not up) to the uca</TD></TR></TABLE>

the problem is quite simple then. take the axle out of the knuckle and push it back into the tranny. some times they are difficult to push, DO NOT HIT THE AXLE ON THE SHAFT! hit it on the housing of the axle ans it will go right in.

then re-try the UCA again. don't forget to use the jack.
even better, get someone to help. when the jack can't help i go get my mom, LOL!
since that is where my car sleeps (i live in a apt.) and i do all my work.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (philosofy1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philosofy1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

the problem is quite simple then. take the axle out of the knuckle and push it back into the tranny. some times they are difficult to push, DO NOT HIT THE AXLE ON THE SHAFT! hit it on the housing of the axle ans it will go right in.

then re-try the UCA again. don't forget to use the jack.
even better, get someone to help. when the jack can't help i go get my mom, LOL!
since that is where my car sleeps (i live in a apt.) and i do all my work.</TD></TR></TABLE>

a good jack and extra helps will make the process go alot smoother
Old 12-15-2007, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ive tried pushing the axle back into the half shaft (driver side axle) and im not a weak dude and the thing wont budge at all
Old 12-15-2007, 04:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by X93siX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ive tried pushing the axle back into the half shaft (driver side axle) and im not a weak dude and the thing wont budge at all</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes, this is quite common. this is why i mentioned it earlier &gt;
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philosofy1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 12-16-2007, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

itook some pics and thot this didnt look right, pics are of where the driver side axle meets the half shaft and there appears to be a small gap.

i noticed this and tried pushing back in, but a friend told me that i would have to spin and push in on the axle at the same time. are there any other thoughts or hints you guys might be able to help with?

^ and this is the problem, it wont meet up with the uca cuz the axle is pushing back. thanks again for all your guys help, any extra thots would help, and im gonna go tackle this right now.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Do you have the suspension hooked up to the LCA? If so take it off. Also get a prybar into your upper LCA so you could pull it down some. Also make sure the key is on the ON position so you could rotate the knuckle.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:59 AM

Location: Ghost riding my grandmamas whip YEP, Los Angeles Cali
Default Re: omni camber and coilover install help please... (b16er)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16er &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I do the same thing. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 12-16-2007, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

suspension is not hooked to lca, and ive been under the car spinning the axle trying to work it back in, but it is also spinning the half shaft. i have tried pulling the uca down and have had the keys in the on position. axle is being gay, dont know what to do.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Also make sure the key is on the ON position so you could rotate the knuckle. </TD></TR></TABLE>

And maybe turn the CV axle. The groves may not be matching up. Had the same problem with mine. Took a hammer to the end of the shaft, and it went right in. It was frustrating me as well.