Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ok so i let go of the gas....AND CAR SPEEDS UP....end up going through red light almost killing myse

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok so i let go of the gas....AND CAR SPEEDS UP....end up going through red light almost killing myse

Ok honestly ....wtf JUST HAPPENENED TODAY....
Im driving a 1996 honda civic dx 2dr coupe automatic
So im in mississauga....and im driving home....Im going downhill on a turn...heading towards a red light.....So as i take my foot off the gas (Going about 75kmh on a 70 road) it downshifts to ******* second gear....and just SPEEDS UP...im like WTF?!!!??

The next couple things happened in like 3-4 seconds....in slow motion in my mind....

I started panicking insanely....started breaking....and nothing...its still speading up.....so im like 10-20 meters from the red light....and i slam the breaks... the wheels start making weird noises and my breaks like rattle, ..... next thing u know im past the intersection, with extreme honking and breaking in the backgroudn behind me...... (When i was going through the intersection....a car JUST PASSED on the green behind mine like just a meter and a half behind me (an 80kmh road) .......

so im now past the intersection....breaking hard.....but its just not giving in....so i let go off the breaks...its still speading up...insanely...coming up oon 90....100...110...120....on a ******* 70 road...i go into like huge panic mode....start hitting the gas pedal...to maybe UN CLOG it or ******* watever....and nothing....then suddenly at about 135 it just finally gives in...and starts going normally......i slow down.....stop my car...go over in my headd wtf just happened....get back in my car....and pray to god i make it home...

i drive home.....go on my computer....and write this...asking for some help...

Was it my car...or am i just cursed by the devil?
Old 03-28-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Re: ok so i let go of the gas....AND CAR SPEEDS UP....end up going through red light almost killing

wtf thats freaken crazy dudeee!!!! you got real lucky on that one!!!
Old 03-28-2007, 06:27 PM

Default Re: ok so i let go of the gas....AND CAR SPEEDS UP....end up going through red light almost killing

scariest **** that ever happened inmy life....
i thought im just gonna end up going 200 kmh into something...... i was sooo freaked ....you have no idea wat was going through my mind.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:30 PM

Maybe you're throttle got stuck open? Happened to me before, but the brake things sounds strange...

Why didnt you turn the car off and ease up the e-brake?
Old 03-28-2007, 06:30 PM

Time to take apart the transmission and see whats broken... and i know its extremely hard to think of wtf is going on in a situation like this but.... if you decide to drive the car again maybe to the shop to get it fixed may i suggest putting the car in neutral and shutting it off next time.... but still freaky **** i wouldnt wanna go through it and probably wouldnt have thought of a good idea to stop it either
Old 03-28-2007, 06:31 PM

The breaks were making extremely weird noises...kinda like a rattle thing going bopbopbopbopbbop under my foot where the break is...felt like an ABS...but my car has no ABS.... so i have no clue....

yes i shouldve turned the car off...and eased up on the e break...your very right....but when i was that close to an intersection....coming up on red....its very hard to think straight...i just fell into extreme panic/fear mode..
Old 03-28-2007, 06:32 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spaceman00 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">scariest **** that ever happened inmy life....
i thought im just gonna end up going 200 kmh into something...... i was sooo freaked ....you have no idea wat was going through my mind.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Fuel cut off...?

What kind of mods do you have?
Old 03-28-2007, 06:33 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spaceman00 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">scariest **** that ever happened inmy life....
i thought im just gonna end up going 200 kmh into something...... i was sooo freaked ....you have no idea wat was going through my mind.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Fuel cut off...?

What kind of mods do you have?
Old 03-28-2007, 06:34 PM

everything is absolutely stock
Old 03-28-2007, 06:36 PM

It had to be something that controls fuel and electrical to make that happen. My suggestions would be TPS or MAP sensor...idk man thats really f-ed up. Never heard of something like that happeneing.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:37 PM

Oh wait the only thing that is not stock is the battery...it is a gel cell or something...that i got with the audio equipment..the speakers and all....everything else in the engine is stock.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

is that in kph or mph? I didn't know a stock dx could reach 135mph..
Old 03-28-2007, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its kmh, that happend to me onetime in my 93 mustang, the light was green so i was good but i freaked too i was pushin on the breaks and kept kickin the gas so it would get unstuck, finally did but it was crazy. you say the gas pedal wasnt stuck?
Old 03-28-2007, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

is that in kph or mph? I didn't know a stock dx could reach 135mph..
Old 03-28-2007, 08:11 PM

Yes its in Kmh...lol 135 mph wow...nawww thats crazy fast...aint it like over 220?
but anyways....yes the gas pedal was stuck...like i kept kicking it and it would work..it would just be speeding up faster and faster..... untill it finally went back to normal
Old 03-28-2007, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It does clearly state your answer in the first post.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i think your cursed dude, lol
Old 03-28-2007, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

gas pedel stuck on the floor mat?
Old 03-28-2007, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no it sounds like the throttle just stayed open giving more gas. I would really go get that check that out. Maybe even get it towed to the garage, so it doesn't happen again!
Old 03-28-2007, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DaveSi677 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no it sounds like the throttle just stayed open giving more gas. I would really go get that check that out. Maybe even get it towed to the garage, so it doesn't happen again!</TD></TR></TABLE>
yeah, but that doesn't explain the brakes. no matter what, if you are stepping onthe gas...and you hit the brakes, the brakes should stop the car.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:53 PM

damn bro good to hear that ur alright (y)
Old 03-28-2007, 10:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alacard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
yeah, but that doesn't explain the brakes. no matter what, if you are stepping onthe gas...and you hit the brakes, the brakes should stop the car.</TD></TR></TABLE>
if your motor is at 4500 rpm in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd gear it will not stop the weels, they will just tare the **** out your pads. how many miles do you have on your car? a buddy of mine had 185,000 on his car and the throttle body had so mutch carbon and crap built up that it wouldn't let the butterfly valve back. check that out
Old 03-28-2007, 10:17 PM

It's a shame that people don't remember what they are taught in driving school.

First off, your throttle got stuck open. Nothing else is wrong. The only way that the vehicle is going to accelerate is if the throttle is open. No sensors or the tranny or none of that ****.

Second, when ever the throttle is stuck open, TURN THE KEY TO THE ACC POSITION. That way the engine shuts off and you can still turn the steering wheel. If you turn the key all the way, the wheel could lock.

Old 03-28-2007, 11:05 PM
I Deliver

^ yah turn the car off DUH. Same thing happened to me, there was some sticky gunk on my throttle cable. Turn off the car as soon as something like this happens
Old 03-28-2007, 11:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (B2CivMan)

My floor mat held my throttle down one time, almost ran up a curb into a house.

And yes, your throttle just got stuck open. It's not fuel or electrically related at all.

Quick Reply: ok so i let go of the gas....AND CAR SPEEDS UP....end up going through red light almost killing myse