Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

OK i guess this goes here but i got a jdm white faced cluster and i got a question

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK i guess this goes here but i got a jdm white faced cluster and i got a question

my old cluster which came from my 95 civic ex had 4 plugs and the new jdm whitefaced had 2 bug plugs and i have 2 little plugs left ofer but there is no spot for them and my cel light is on now
and how long does it take for the fuel to go to normal again
and what about the plugs can i do?
Old 08-17-2006, 09:19 AM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: OK i guess this goes here but i got a jdm white faced cluster and i got a question (lowryder227)

I have no idea what you just said other than "there are two big plugs on the new cluster and nowhere for me to put the others that I have."

What the expletive do you mean "and how long does it take for the fuel to go to normal again"?
Old 08-17-2006, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OK i guess this goes here but i got a jdm white faced cluster and i got a question (Archidictus)

ok there is ti big long pluges on each side of the cluster on the stock one i had and there is 2 little ones in the middle but on this one there is only to on the outside that are the bigger plugs
and how long does it take for the gas needle to go back to where it was before,, it is off some lol
Old 08-17-2006, 04:35 PM

Default Re: OK i guess this goes here but i got a jdm white faced cluster and i got a question (lowryder227)

pictures would be worth a thousand words on this topic. (and probably help to get your question answered.)
Old 08-17-2006, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am trying to read his ? and understand it but the grammar is killing it lmfao
Old 08-17-2006, 04:51 PM

Default Re: OK i guess this goes here but i got a jdm white faced cluster and i got a question (spoonracer84

Don't know about the plugs but your fuel gauge should work like normal, it doesn't take time to reset if that is what you are asking.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the grammar could be better but you get the point. this is a TECH site. if you don't know what you are talking about then don't post and waste this guys time. why would you need pictures? the plugs are for your SRS and i believe the cruise control. the eg that the cluster came out of doesn't have those two features so there are no places for the plugs. leave em hangin. the gas gauge will be go back to normal once you fill it a couple times.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OK i guess this goes here but i got a jdm white faced cluster and i got a question (yesSIR-S)

very well put
Old 08-18-2006, 04:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OK i guess this goes here but i got a jdm white faced cluster and i got a question (yesSIR-S)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yesSIR-S &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the grammar could be better but you get the point. this is a TECH site. if you don't know what you are talking about then don't post and waste this guys time. why would you need pictures? the plugs are for your SRS and i believe the cruise control. the eg that the cluster came out of doesn't have those two features so there are no places for the plugs. leave em hangin. the gas gauge will be go back to normal once you fill it a couple times.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wrong. A guage doesn't float for no reason and then just "go back to normal" unless you have a guage fixing fairy that I've never heard of. If the guage is floating, it's broken, if that's even what the OP is asking. On top of that, the only way you have to convey what you're asking on here is through text and pictures. Since there are no pictures, text is all he has, and when he can't get his point across, how is anyone supossed to help him?
Old 08-19-2006, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OK i guess this goes here but i got a jdm white faced cluster and i got a question (Ricey McRice

^^^^retard. his question was quite straight forward if you've handled the situation in the past. the problem is that the only experience all of you here have had with a gauge cluster is installing some apc indiglo gauges. you don't qualify to answer the question asked, so don't post. now this guy thinks he has a broken gas gauge which is far from the problem. the gauge basically operates in a circle of electricity that goes from the negative side of the battery to a resistor in the sending unit atop the gas tank. from there it goes to a heating coil wrapped around a bimetallic strip connected to the gas gauge. from there it goes to a voltage regulator ultimately reaching the positive side of the battery. when this circle of electricity is interrupted via removing the gauge cluster, it has to reset. but i don't know what i'm talking about so i'll shut up.
Old 08-19-2006, 02:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey buddy:
your JDM cluster should have only 2 BIG PLUGS and... and you should have only one little Plug that is your SRS... JDM has no SRS you just leave it alone! and your Gas meter should work fine since is a Plug and Play thing !!
Old 08-19-2006, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OK i guess this goes here but i got a jdm white faced cluster and i got a question (Harryflores)

come on man, he already knows this because i already posted this. and there are TWO little plugs. CRUISE and SRS as i already said.
Old 08-19-2006, 03:07 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yesSIR-S &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the grammar could be better but you get the point. this is a TECH site. if you don't know what you are talking about then don't post and waste this guys time. why would you need pictures? the plugs are for your SRS and i believe the cruise control. the eg that the cluster came out of doesn't have those two features so there are no places for the plugs. leave em hangin. the gas gauge will be go back to normal once you fill it a couple times.</TD></TR></TABLE>

why i would need pics is b/c of this guys grammar is so bad, i would have an easier time walking into an arab gas station in afghanistan and speaking to them.

yesSIR-S you are a trial user please dont come in here acting like you know EVERYTHING.
Old 08-19-2006, 03:19 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yesSIR-S &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">come on man, he already knows this because i already posted this. and there are TWO little plugs. CRUISE and SRS as i already said.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The cluster you have, did not have cruise, and SRS as most don't.

Thats it.
Old 08-19-2006, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OK i guess this goes here but i got a jdm white faced cluster and i got a question (dxcoupe.)

we've already established this. READ THE POSTS
Old 08-19-2006, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OK i guess this goes here but i got a jdm white faced cluster and i got a question (ci_v_ic)

everyone else understood it without needing pics. even the retard that said his gauge was broken and to call the gauge fixing fairy. are you the fairy who fixes the gauges? is that why you need a picture? you've obviuolsy never done this before rendering you USELESS in this thread.
Old 08-19-2006, 05:16 PM

and we have anothe internet know it all tough guy.....lol
Old 08-19-2006, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tatmark1)

i can hardly consider myself a "know it all" for understanding how a gas gauge works. it's more common sense than anything. i'm merely addresssing these posters' lack of common knowledge. if you're going to argue with me, please make sure your IQ exceeds your age. only then may you proceed.