Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

oil pressure gauge

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil pressure gauge

allright i got an oil pressure gauge but not quite sure where to hook it up at cuz i cna't find anything near the block ??? would it be under the oil filter? to "T" the hose in or something? or how am i gunna do this?
Old 11-20-2006, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: oil pressure gauge (cjmitthun)

find the oil pressure dummy light sensor around the oil filter, put a t fitting in, connect your gauge sender or line, reconnect the dummy light sensor and do the electricals that accompany your gauge. if you are asking these questions, you may need help or you can see what happens when you do this wrong and your engine dies from oil starvation.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:46 PM

Default Re: oil pressure gauge (littleredcivic)

well i got all the electrical hooked up but i wasn't sure were to but the t fitting is or i guess in other words idk where the sensor is? im guessing its there when u take the oil filter off
Old 11-20-2006, 08:52 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why do you need an oil pressure gauge?

You have a stock Y7.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:53 PM

Default Re: (Eran)

i have no clue idk just looks cool? plus i got it for free so i don't really care.. it gives me something to do
Old 11-20-2006, 08:55 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: (cjmitthun)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cjmitthun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have no clue idk just looks cool? plus i got it for free so i don't really care.. it gives me something to do</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm glad that you do things just to look cool .... do you even know what you're looking at when you read an oil pressure gauge?

I hope you hook it up right, and make sure it's really secure. I laugh everytime someone comes to my friend's shop, or I read a thread about someone who blew the tiny little hose off their mechanical oil pressure gauge and hosed the inside of their window and dash with scalding hot motor oil.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:56 PM

wow i have a set of gauges in my car woop de do.. my car is gay anyway so i don't really care at the moment...
Old 11-20-2006, 08:57 PM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cjmitthun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow i have a set of gauges in my car woop de do.. my car is gay anyway so i don't really care at the moment...</TD></TR></TABLE>

So why not make it gayer? Good call.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:00 PM

i just have then on a triple pillar pod.. its not that bad actually and there all hooked up except the oil one but they all illumnate and ****..sooo i don't know why u can't mind your own business unless you have nothing better to do? but to rag on other peoples rides
Old 11-20-2006, 09:02 PM

I posted in this thread and it'll show you.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1815942
Old 11-20-2006, 09:03 PM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cjmitthun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i just have then on a triple pillar pod.. its not that bad actually and there all hooked up except the oil one but they all illumnate and ****..sooo i don't know why u can't mind your own business unless you have nothing better to do? but to rag on other peoples rides</TD></TR></TABLE>

I asked a simple question, and you gave an incredibly stupid answer. If you're putting gauges in your car with your stock non-vtec sohc motor because "they look cool" then you're an embarrassment to anyone who modifies their car with purpose and reason. Someone already answered your question, but I'll repeat it:

You need to tap into the line that goes to the oil pressure sensor that activates your dummy light. If you can't figure that out, I'm sure there's a shop in your town that would be thrilled to take your money from you. You can pick up some seatbelt pads and "FEEL'S" stickers while you're there.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:05 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cjmitthun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i just have then on a triple pillar pod.. its not that bad actually</TD></TR></TABLE>
Why would you want to be able to describe your car or modifications to your car as "not that bad"?

Modified by NOFX at 10:58 PM 11/20/2006
Old 11-20-2006, 09:06 PM

Default Re: (NOFX)

omg how about who cares what ive said and what i say bout my car im trying to bring my car back from being gay..so how bout shut up
Old 11-20-2006, 09:10 PM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cjmitthun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">omg how about who cares what ive said and what i say bout my car im trying to bring my car back from being gay..so how bout shut up</TD></TR></TABLE>

You're bringing it back from being gay by having poser gauges and vinyl graphics?
Old 11-20-2006, 09:15 PM

yea well i took all the mesh off and all that kinda ****..well i got a gauge thats volts a'f and oil pressure cuz i was planning on putting a turbo in it after i get all my upgrades but oh well..yes ik the stickers are gay you don't need to tell me bout it
Old 11-20-2006, 09:18 PM
HT White Ops

Your volt and A/F gauges are worthless. The only A/F gauges that are worth their salt are ones that directly hook up to wideband O2 sensors.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:19 PM

it does it has the ilum wires then it runs right up to my o2 sensor which then illumanates the l.e.ds
Old 11-20-2006, 09:21 PM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cjmitthun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it does it has the ilum wires then it runs right up to my o2 sensor which then illumanates the l.e.ds</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nevermind, you obviously don't even know how an A/F gauge works.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why do you need an oil pressure gauge?

You have a stock Y7.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think its always good to have an eye on oil pressure, because a little drop cause cause trouble down the road...im thinking of putting on in my car even if its stock, just because.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:22 PM

umm measure your air and fuel mixture
Old 11-20-2006, 09:23 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: (DeadEnd9009)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DeadEnd9009 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I think its always good to have an eye on oil pressure, because a little drop cause cause trouble down the road...im thinking of putting on in my car even if its stock, just because.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's what the dummy light is for
Old 11-20-2006, 09:24 PM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cjmitthun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">umm measure your air and fuel mixture</TD></TR></TABLE>

And what does that even mean to you? How does it affect how your car is running. What's a dangerous level for each?
Old 11-20-2006, 09:26 PM

man just drop it allready its not ur car so who really cares? if i want an oil pressure gauge ill put one in if i want an a/f ill put one in so who cares im sure i can rip on ur ride a lot also unless you have it all stock and nothing done
Old 11-20-2006, 09:28 PM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cjmitthun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">man just drop it allready its not ur car so who really cares? if i want an oil pressure gauge ill put one in if i want an a/f ill put one in so who cares im sure i can rip on ur ride a lot also unless you have it all stock and nothing done</TD></TR></TABLE>

Go ahead and rip on my ride, I'll take it with a grain of salt. I've also haven't done anything so blindingly useless as an A/F gauge that I don't know how to read, or an Oil Pressure gauge I don't know how to hook up. You're modifying your car without reason, purpose, or direction. You're slapping **** on, and that's sad for you. It's not my car, and I can't change it. But expletive if I can't make fun of you because you're a ricer.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">But expletive if I can't make fun of you because you're a ricer.</TD></TR></TABLE>

man, grow up.............not

Making fun of ricers is fun, i just saw one getting pulled over tonight . But year Eran, leave this guy alone tho.

Quick Reply: oil pressure gauge