Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

OffTopic: Someone backed into me and look at my baby

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OffTopic: Someone backed into me and look at my baby

Look at what happened to my baby. Some idiot tourist backed into me like an idiot while I was driving through a parking lot. Com'on fellow h-t members, make me feel better.

What a fat lard
Old 12-09-2006, 07:33 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You know what would make you feel better? Posting this in app/cosmetic or GDD.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Eran)

you need a new fender ... problem solved !! thread gets a
Old 12-09-2006, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Harryflores)

damn did she get a tint ticket (if its the volvo its got dark tint ) i no if it was me i would have gotten a tint ticket,,,damn cops
Old 12-09-2006, 09:51 PM

Default Re: (be8teensee1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by be8teensee1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn did she get a tint ticket (if its the volvo its got dark tint ) i no if it was me i would have gotten a tint ticket,,,damn cops</TD></TR></TABLE>
She's from here in AZ and I'm pretty sure there isn't any law about how dark you can have the back window
Old 12-09-2006, 10:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sniggler316)

i no about the back window but in the 4th pic down it looks like the side window is pretty dark... i cant even really see it
Old 12-09-2006, 10:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by be8teensee1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i no about the back window but in the 4th pic down it looks like the side window is pretty dark... i cant even really see it</TD></TR></TABLE>

No law against that either.

Just the driver's door windows and the windshield.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

damn . here they make you tear that $hit off right on the spot
Old 12-09-2006, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dont feel bad it could be worse. i've had my civic for a little under a year and its been broken into and had $600 worth of stuff stolen, hit twice (once by a good friend, and once a hit and run and they never caught the guy) aaaand my motor blew. possibly more to come.

things will get better for u

plus your baby's still a beauty you just gotta look from the drivers side!
Old 12-09-2006, 10:27 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by be8teensee1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn . here they make you tear that $hit off right on the spot</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is a true statement! Here in NJ its illegal to have ANY percentage tint on the front two windows and windsheild. Most cops will just issue a ticket, but Ive heard on a few occasions the cop actually telling the driver to remove the tint on the spot to avoid tickets.

To the OP: That definitely sucks man, I feel your pain 100%. Luckily it doesnt look tooooo bad. I dont think you have to worry about frame damage or anything like that. I cant tell from the pics but hopefully your hood/bumper/and headlight are good still. If all you have to replace is the fender and corner light you're in good shape. But since its the other ****** fault who cares what needs replacing as she'll be paying for it anyways haha.

Car looks pretty nice too man, do you have any "before" pics as I'd like to see more of it. Good luck with your situation though and update us as to how it turns out!
Old 12-09-2006, 10:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Blah, I hate backing out of parking spaces, especially around here when there's always an SUV or big *** truck to make sure you CANNOT see what's coming in EITHER direction.

What's my strategy?

I go forward at -.03 mph.

and I rev the engine extra hard to make sure anybody that's looking for a parking space can hear me and hopefully stay on their toes...

I mean truthfully there's no other way, asside from getting ur car running, checking each way, then running in and jumping in and backing up real fast and hoping that somebody didn't come into the isle in the time it took u to slide into the driver's seat.

Though I've never ran into anybody, I always fear it .
Old 12-09-2006, 10:43 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Blah, I hate backing out of parking spaces, especially around here when there's always an SUV or big *** truck to make sure you CANNOT see what's coming in EITHER direction.

What's my strategy?

and I rev the engine extra hard to make sure anybody that's looking for a parking space can hear me and hopefully stay on their toes...

I mean truthfully there's no other way, asside from getting ur car running, checking each way, then running in and jumping in and backing up real fast and hoping that somebody didn't come into the isle in the time it took u to slide into the driver's seat.

Though I've never ran into anybody, I always fear it .</TD></TR></TABLE>

HAHAHA I do basically the same thing. I'll rev a bit higher and INCH out and sotp for a second so if anyones coming they can see my *** end come out a bit. Then I inch out bit by bit until I can see both sides clearly. Knock wood but I've never come close to hitting or being hit by anybody in a parking lot. Although there ARE those idiots out there, most likely a senior citizen or teenage girl...so I never assume the other person "sees" me.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (I Shot 50 Cent)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by I Shot 50 Cent &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'll rev a bit higher and INCH out and sotp for a second so if anyones coming they can see my *** end come out a bit. Then I inch out bit by bit until I can see both sides clearly </TD></TR></TABLE>

i do the same except i don't rev at all, just inch out
Old 12-09-2006, 10:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

have YOU called jenny yet?
Old 12-09-2006, 11:17 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Blah, I hate backing out of parking spaces, especially around here when there's always an SUV or big *** truck to make sure you CANNOT see what's coming in EITHER direction.

What's my strategy?

Though I've never ran into anybody, I always fear it .</TD></TR></TABLE>

I drive in the middle of the two lanes just so this stuff doesn't happen. I literally stopped, honked my horn but she kept coming and hit me. Now its going through the insurance. There was nothign I could do. Normally, I'd just swerve but when you're going 10 miles per hour through a parking lot, there's nothign I could have done(especially in second gear "stock d15b7") I was going to down shift to first and gun it but I knew there just wasn't enough time. So I fumbled with my right hand trying to honk while my left hand was trying to turn left. I eventually did honk but she made no effort to stop.

Modified by MyEG6 at 1:21 AM 12/10/2006
Old 12-09-2006, 11:23 PM

Default Re: (MyEG6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MyEG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I drive in the middle of the two lanes just so this stuff doesn't happen. I literally stopped, honked my horn but she kept coming and hit me. Now its going through the insurance. There was nothign I could do. Normally, I'd just swerve but when you're going 10 miles per hour looking for a parking spot, there's nothign I could have done(especially in second gear "stock d15b7") I was going to down shift to first and gun it but I knew there just wasn't enough time. So I fumbled with my right hand trying to honk while my left hand was trying to turn left. I eventually did honk but she made no effort to stop.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I know whatcha mean man...don't sweat it! **** like this happens every day, as long as it wasnt your fault and she has insurance you don't have anything to worry about. Your whip will get fixed and everything will go back to normal..you'll be cool.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:35 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by I Shot 50 Cent &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I know whatcha mean man...don't sweat it! **** like this happens every day, as long as it wasnt your fault and she has insurance you don't have anything to worry about. Your whip will get fixed and everything will go back to normal..you'll be cool. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks.. Exactly what I needed.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:23 AM

Default Re: (SoullessJapaneseMachine)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SoullessJapaneseMachine &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

have YOU called jenny yet?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Jenny? Who the heck is jenny? I know of one homie named jenny but she's way up north and I don't usually call her unless i'm in town.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MyEG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Jenny? Who the heck is jenny? I know of one homie named jenny but she's way up north and I don't usually call her unless i'm in town. </TD></TR></TABLE>

craig
Old 12-10-2006, 12:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MyEG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Jenny? Who the heck is jenny? I know of one homie named jenny but she's way up north and I don't usually call her unless i'm in town. </TD></TR></TABLE>
lol
Old 12-10-2006, 01:05 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SoullessJapaneseMachine &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

craig</TD></TR></TABLE>

ROFL 1-800-Jennycraig?
Old 12-10-2006, 02:12 AM

ROFL 1-800-Jennycraig?</TD></TR></TABLE>

HAHA yeah man...he wasnt directing any insults toward you. He meant the fat ***** that hit you needs to call Jenny Craig.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:12 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by I Shot 50 Cent &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

HAHA yeah man...he wasnt directing any insults toward you. He meant the fat ***** that hit you needs to call Jenny Craig. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea I understand. I'm just distraught and distracted ever since that fat lard hit my car.
Old 12-10-2006, 01:56 PM

Make her insurance company get you a rental car while yours is in the shop.
Old 12-10-2006, 02:44 PM

have YOU called jenny yet?</TD></TR></TABLE>
HAHAHA
.. No damage on the volvo I can see.