Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Offering 20-50$ via paypal yo solve my problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Offering 20-50$ via paypal to solve my problem

I have a 99Ek with a 2000 b16a2 si swap I recently got a ticket for modified smog and i went to the refree to try and get my car BAR i pass everything but my readiness test no cel lights. 02 sensor, Evap. System, Catalyst. Some suggested its my Ecu so i swap mine with my friends whos is working mine in his and his in mine mine still wont come up and my ecu in his is working properly. I was wondering if the 02 sensor plug I had SixSigmaRacing install on my car was the cause but l8er found out it was done properly and is working rite by the state Ref. My battery has been replace just incase it was defective and not holding a charge long enough. This is my second extention from the judge to fix my car or he will cancel my registration. I have exactly 3weeks 2days to fix this and reff my car i am offering 20-50$ or more to try and solve this in time 50$-->20$ base on length of time plz help me out. Ive spent over 600$ at the local mechanics and they havent solved it.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Offering 20-50$ via paypal to solve my problem (anbukao)

im not quite understanding what exactly the problem is.

BUT, i know it can be solved by moving to Ga.
I bet i could get away with driving around town with no exhaust at all with my hood off and never get pulled over.

Well unless im speeding of course.

for refs.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so what part didn't you pass?
Old 08-03-2008, 02:24 PM

I didn't pass the readiness test which tests your 02sensor evap.system and your catalyst. Thats my only problem says the State Ref he even said super clean swap just get this problem fix and ill be more the happy to pass you
Old 08-03-2008, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (anbukao)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by anbukao &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I didn't pass the readiness test which tests your 02sensor evap.system and your catalyst. Thats my only problem says the State Ref he even said super clean swap just get this problem fix and ill be more the happy to pass you</TD></TR></TABLE>

But you're not throwing any codes, no matter what ecu you try? are you sure there's a bulb behind your check engine light?
Old 08-03-2008, 02:30 PM

yes prior to this problem I had a bad 02 sensor and my cel light was on also when i unplug my 02 sensor my light comes back on so its still good
Old 08-03-2008, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what u need to do is find a friend with a scanner plug it in and run the readiness test.it tells what isnt.ready drive the car around for a while(may take 10mins or maybe 2 days) until all test are ready.then go staight to the ref.i have done this a few times with our customer cars before going to emissions.hth.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (lsvtec-crx)

Are you running a USDM or a JDM ECU? If you have a JDM ECU for some reason, you will not pass the readiness test; the JDM ECU will not link to a US scan tool....

And to verify, you did go to the ref with the stock A2 ECU, I'd hope, right? If you went with OBD1 that will not allow you to pass readiness either.

Ryan
Old 08-03-2008, 04:24 PM

yes I already tried both your sugestions neither of them worked i took a little road trip to sanfrancisco instead of a 10min drive. And yes its the stock ecu from the usdm b16a2 its from the 99-00 si but older model ecu the A11 as to the newer A12 but ive already tried my friends A12 and its giving me the same problem on the readiness test ive been to the Ref 8 time now and having to pay for 4 of them which is why I'm offering money to help me fix this
Old 08-03-2008, 04:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I feel bad for you people in California.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (IndySporty)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IndySporty &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I feel bad for you people in California.</TD></TR></TABLE>

dont.

They got medical dank.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

As stated earlier, then, get someone with a scantool and see what the problem is.

Are you having the REF station enter the vehicle year and engine that your ECU is out of??? If not, that could throw a wrench in things.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RyanA)

the readiness test determines if the system is ready to be monitored. there are also more monitors than what you have listed. total of 8 i think, cant remember at the moment.you should def. be setting a cel within 10 miles of driving. get a scanner got to readiness test whichever one isnt ready is no good.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i made that swap legit in CA in a 96 coupe no problem, passed smog 2x without getting it BAR'd. in your case you have to have a 99/00 ex/si wire harness, complete stock b16a2 swap (incl stock intake box,exhaust manifold, cat, and exhaust) , and obd2b p2t ecu.

look at the back of the block on the passenger side - do you see a black canister? if not, that is a problemo.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

are there any running issues or drive ability issues as well?

does the vehicle ever go into closed loop?
Old 08-03-2008, 09:45 PM

Default Re: (postman)

Yes I already have a Obd2 scanner and not those cheap ones and no my car isn't throwing any code even after 2hours of driving. Even the state ref said i didnt have any codes. He said the readiness test has nothing todo with a cell light not sure about that though and yes ive checked and yes i do have that canister the evap. system. I am really stumped on this on I can pass smog the sniffer test the Visual but not the readiness test
Old 08-03-2008, 09:50 PM

Default Re: (robfrmny21)

no it runs perfectly fine no idle issues no misfire no nothing all the wires are connected except the ac wires i dont know what to say other then these issues the car & engine runs perfect
Old 08-03-2008, 10:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

try un plugging the ecu and battery for 1 hr..plug it back in..drive it for a while and then go back to the ref station
Old 08-03-2008, 11:01 PM

Default Re: (v8 integra)

i dont think thats the problem cause if i already replace the battery thats not the case
Old 08-04-2008, 04:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

OK, if you have a nice scantool, check everything they do on a system readiness test. My Matco scanner will do it no problem... Once you see what isn't ready, you can fix it.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Offering 20-50$ via paypal to solve my problem (ruthless013)

I did check everything and I already listed what was wrong here is the list again 02 sensor, evap.system, and catalyst. And ive tried everthing I know which is why I'm here asking for help or if anyone eles has encountered this problem.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

only thing i can think of - last time i got my car inspected i had disconnected the battery a day or two before, long enough to reset the ecu. when the shop plugged in, it was not 'ready,' so he told me to drive it around a little until it was ready. i had to drive almost twenty miles before it was clear. if you had a code recently, fixed the problem then reset the ecu, you may just have to put some more miles on it.

good luck.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

try replacing all those things.. or just take it out and inspect them.. sometimes it's as simple as that[not saying it is]... it's a long shot.. i hate stupid little problems... hope you fix it and get tagg'd
Old 08-09-2008, 08:29 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JdelMsolG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im not quite understanding what exactly the problem is.

BUT, i know it can be solved by moving to Ga.
I bet i could get away with driving around town with no exhaust at all with my hood off and never get pulled over.

Well unless im speeding of course.

for refs.</TD></TR></TABLE>

that was funny, I just payed some dude 100 bucks to pass my brothers daily beater i could probably get around driving with no hood and bumber with a open exhaust in NY, good luck with the problem i have no info i just had to respond to jdelmsolg's reply it was too funny
Old 08-09-2008, 08:44 PM

Default Re: Offering 20-50$ via paypal to solve my problem (Historyg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Historyg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

that was funny, I just payed some dude 100 bucks to pass my brothers daily beater i could probably get around driving with no hood and bumber with a open exhaust in NY, good luck with the problem i have no info i just had to respond to jdelmsolg's reply it was too funny</TD></TR></TABLE>

no what is funny is he is right... i have drove around with no hood sometimes no bumper and/or fenders too and i might as well have open exhaust (i have drug throught it) sorry i to have no answer to the prob but good luck and hope you get it figd out

Quick Reply: Offering 20-50$ via paypal yo solve my problem