Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

OEM vs Ebay style fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM vs Ebay style fog lights

93' EG Si hatch

Okay so I purchased Ebay fogs for my hatch... Before doing installing I noticed my hatch already had an OEM fog light switch installed but obviously no fogs.

I took the switch out and there IS wiring connected to it, and the light even comes on when I push it. So now I'm wondering if there is wiring for fogs already. To be honest, I looked quickly and couldn't find any before it started to rain. It had a new bumper on the car when I bought it so no idea if fogs existed.

Help me here...

If there is wiring for OEM fogs, will the OEM wiring plug right into an aftermarket eBay fog lights?

If I don't find any wiring for the actual lights, can I use the eBay kit with the OEM fog light switch? I don't want to use the **** switch they provided.

Thanks
Old 07-22-2013, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OEM vs Ebay style fog lights

i was reading the thread on how to install the fogs. and it said that all hondas have a factory harness for fogs. i believe it said that the factory plug is normally tucked away by the windshield washer tank. i wanna say a brown plug and that there is spots on the factory fuse box to plug and play. i was gonna say whoever had the car before already installed it and maybe it was wrecked. thats why the new bumper and didnt wanna take off the harness
Old 07-22-2013, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon4 Re: OEM vs Ebay style fog lights

Originally Posted by HondaGSX
93' EG Si hatch

Okay so I purchased Ebay fogs for my hatch... Before doing installing I noticed my hatch already had an OEM fog light switch installed but obviously no fogs.

I took the switch out and there IS wiring connected to it, and the light even comes on when I push it. So now I'm wondering if there is wiring for fogs already. To be honest, I looked quickly and couldn't find any before it started to rain. It had a new bumper on the car when I bought it so no idea if fogs existed.

Help me here...

If there is wiring for OEM fogs, will the OEM wiring plug right into an aftermarket eBay fog lights?

If I don't find any wiring for the actual lights, can I use the eBay kit with the OEM fog light switch? I don't want to use the **** switch they provided.

Thanks
check this one out

https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...+light+install
Old 07-22-2013, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OEM vs Ebay style fog lights

There are 2 harnesses that come with OEM fog lights. The one for the lights and the one for the switch. Reuse your OEM switch and under dash harness. Then use the ebay lights harness and either find the wire like teamXteg says or run the ebay fog harness (single wire) from the lights, up the left side of the engine bay and then through the firewall to the OEM underdash harness.