Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

OEM USDM/JDM Lip

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM USDM/JDM Lip

Hey guys,
Im new here and I got a quick question. I drive a 97 Civic Coupe and im looking for an OEM rear lip. I have a knockoff lip on it now but im sure you guys know these look and fit like junk, so im looking for an OEM one for proper fitment. I was wondering what rear lips would actually fit a 97. I know there are quite a few for 99-00's but im not sure what comes OEM for a 97. Any help would be appreciated. Pictures would be great and maybe an idea of where I can pick them up online. Thanks all!
Old 12-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OEM USDM/JDM Lip (rugimpy)

wrong forum man...but your new so you will learn. lol i used to do that too. but to answer your question...you could go with a type-r front and rear lip kit (i know civics didnt have type-r in a coupe) but you can get a reproduction of the lip like on the itr's. but oem, just get a 99-00 front end conversion and just do the rear bumper while your at it. lol and btw you can find some oem lip kits on http://www.jdmshit.com they have alot of lips on there. good luck bro.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OEM USDM/JDM Lip (slo_hatch)

Thanks for the info. Yea, sorry man, im not too familiar with the forums yet. Would there be anything I could put on without a full 99-00 conversion? Thats more than im trying to do right now. Thanks again.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah i think the ctr lip kit will bolt on to those. but yeah it takes some gettin used to. **** sometimes i forget and just post stuff on the tech forums about what would look better. lol some people will be dicks about it tho. and im pretty sure that you can find the ctr lip kits on jdmshit.com. good luck man and post some pics when you get it done.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OEM USDM/JDM Lip (slo_hatch)

Sounds good man. Thanks for the info. I'll work on getting more familiar with the site.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol yeah you will learn really quick. hope you find something nice and if you find any more websites with some good lips, let me know...im gettin one after i swap my motor.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:15 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rugimpy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey guys,
Im new here and I got a quick question. I drive a 97 Civic Coupe and im looking for an OEM rear lip. I have a knockoff lip on it now but im sure you guys know these look and fit like junk, so im looking for an OEM one for proper fitment. I was wondering what rear lips would actually fit a 97. I know there are quite a few for 99-00's but im not sure what comes OEM for a 97. Any help would be appreciated. Pictures would be great and maybe an idea of where I can pick them up online. Thanks all!</TD></TR></TABLE>
As far as OEM lips, the '96-'98 models had more options than the '99-'00 models.

For the '99-'00 Civics there is only one front lip, the "Si" aka Type R ('99-'00 CTR) front lip. The Si front lip was optional for all other US Civic coupe trims too. It was only standard on the Civic Si.

There is the one rear lip for '99-'00 the coupes and sedans. That'd be the "Si" rear lip. This lip was optional for all '99-'00 coupes, including the Si (it was not standard).

There's also a hatch rear lip, but that lip (the Type R rear lip) fits all years 1996 to 2000.

For the 1996 to 2000 model years, there are more front lips.

First, there is the SiR lip. Then there is the Type R lip ('97-'98 CTR). There is also the OEM front lip aka the Sport lip. That lip was an option in the US, but it's hard to find since it only was available in the US for 1998 coupes. This is the front lip that matches the OEM coupe rear lip.

For the '96-'98 coupes and sedans there is the one rear lip, which you've already said you were aware of. Neither the OEM front or rear lip can be found as replicas online.

Everything else is aftermarket. Some will fit better than others. I can't speak for fitment being better on some lips made by certain companies, but most that I've seen up close don't fit very well.

Here are photos of all of the OEM front and rear lips that will fit your car.

'97-'98 Front Under Spoiler (commonly called the "SiR" lip)
- Option on all '97-'98 USDM Civic models

'97-'98 Type-R Front Lip
- Standard on all '97-'98 Civic Type-R models in Japan

'98 USDM OEM / '96?-'98 EDM Sport Front Lip (Whoring my car out since it's the easiest pic to find right now.)
- Option for all '98 Civic coupes in US
- Standard on EDM Sport trims

'98 USDM OEM Coupe / '96?-'98 EDM Sedan Sport Rear Lip
- Option for all '98 Civic coupes in US
- Standard on EDM Sport sedan trims (there's another one that looks the same, but fit for a hatch too)

Modified by NOFX at 12:56 PM 1/13/2008
Old 12-18-2007, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OEM USDM/JDM Lip (NOFX)

Hey thanks man. That answers my question pretty well. Im really digging that OEM rear lip. Whats the likely hood of me finding one? Not too good huh? I like the Sir front too. How available are those? Thanks for the info again. Im still new to all this and just trying to get my car looking decent.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Goodluck finding a 96-98 rear lip. It took me a while to get that lip. 96-98 front lip is impossible to find. As far as the Sir front lip those aren't that hard to find. Check Ebay or some jdm online store.

P.S. I think NOFX is a girl.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:53 PM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rugimpy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey thanks man. That answers my question pretty well. Im really digging that OEM rear lip. Whats the likely hood of me finding one? Not too good huh? I like the Sir front too. How available are those? Thanks for the info again. Im still new to all this and just trying to get my car looking decent.</TD></TR></TABLE>
"Woman."

The OEM coupe rear lip (which also fits sedans) is rare, but not unheard of. There's usually one for sale on here every couple of weeks or so. I know there's one right now even.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2140823

There are lots of sites that sell replica SiR front lips and I'm sure there's a few that sell the real ones too. I can't think of a site off hand though.

Oh, and the car I posted above with the SiR lip also has the OEM rear lip.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry!!!!! "Woman" of course. Thanks for the info. It was very helpful. I would love to try and buy that lip now but I cant PM on here yet cause im new. Maybe the next one. Thanks.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey, I see he still has that lip and hasnt sold it yet. I cant write to him yet cause im new but I really want that lip. Can anyone write to him for me and let him know im willing to pay for it now. Im very interested. He can email me at rugimpy@aim.com. I know this isnt the way things are normally done, but I really want that lip. Thanks folks.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:01 PM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rugimpy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey, I see he still has that lip and hasnt sold it yet. I cant write to him yet cause im new but I really want that lip. Can anyone write to him for me and let him know im willing to pay for it now. Im very interested. He can email me at rugimpy@aim.com. I know this isnt the way things are normally done, but I really want that lip. Thanks folks.</TD></TR></TABLE>
You should have that trial user thing gone soon. Maybe it will happen once you get up to 10 posts. I've seen people no longer be trial members after just one post. I know you have to be a member for at least five days, but you're well over that.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well I guess than I should just keep responding so that I get to that magic number 10. Lol, it is cool though that you can come to places like this and have people you dont even know help you out. Im new to this and its good to see people willing to help out a stranger.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:22 PM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rugimpy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well I guess than I should just keep responding so that I get to that magic number 10. Lol, it is cool though that you can come to places like this and have people you dont even know help you out. Im new to this and its good to see people willing to help out a stranger.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I actually wish the Honda community were more friendly. Unfortunately, most people in the Honda community are not as friendly towards each other as they could be. Whether it's just competition, jealousy, fear or whatever. There's too much drama and hatred in the community imo.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea, well i think there is some of that in any kind of community. Im glad there are people that are willing to help out someone with common interests though. Thank you at least. Theres 1 or 2.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey does anybody know what type of rims those are in the first picture on the silver coupe? I like those a lot. They look to be 16" im guessing.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump. Come on, somebodys gotta know!
Old 01-12-2008, 09:53 PM
H-T White Ops

You're more likely to get an answer if you post your own thread in A/C.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:41 AM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The ones on the gunmetal coupe are Work Nezart Spoke 2's in 16x7.

The ones on the silver coupe are Mugen Weapon RNR's in 15x6.5
Old 01-13-2008, 01:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Eran)

SiR lip ftw!!!
Old 01-13-2008, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank you, thats exactly what i needed!
Old 01-13-2008, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

where can I get the edm rear lip on the bronze civic?
Old 01-13-2008, 11:56 AM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: (krucial7integra)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by krucial7integra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">where can I get the edm rear lip on the bronze civic?</TD></TR></TABLE>
The only lip I posted above that ever was not available in the US was the CTR front lip (and rear lip - though I didn't post it here).

The rear lip is commonly known as the '96-'98 coupe lip here in the US and it was sold as an option for the '98 coupes. It's possible to find, though not the most common of lips. Expect to pay $250-300 at least for it. It will only be used. You can't get them from Honda anymore and no parts dealers sell them.

Check the Honda-Tech MarketPlace. I know there was one for sale recently and the guy had been having trouble selling it. I think it might have sold last night though. It's white.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:47 PM

saw that OEM lip on this guys 96 civic down the street, older guy asked him if he wanted to sell his rear body piece. He thought i was on crack. but i gave up on that and got a brand new OEM (type-r) lip. fit like glove.

Quick Reply: OEM USDM/JDM Lip