Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

OBX Twin Loop or ES Tuning?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 12:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OBX Twin Loop or ES Tuning?

Im on a debate once again on which muffler to get. I've had a ES before and it was nice decent sounding. Now i want something diffirent like the Twin Loop. But im concerned on being PIG harassed. I never had any PIG beef with the ES. So im in debate? Anyone have a OBX twin loop? How are you guys liking it?
Old 10-25-2009, 12:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: OBX Twin Loop or ES Tuning?

isn't the twinloop supposed to be super quiet? i don't see why the cops would hassle you.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Cuz that **** look big *** hell....LoL. The ES tuning was quiet also. But since it looks oval it kind of looks stockish. Especially when i added a 08 Si tip. But i dont want to waste $120 for ES + 25 bux or so for a tip. When i can get a OBX twin loop for about 95 bux shipped. Already with a tip. Then ill be upgrading my piping to 2.25" with a resanator.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your car is lowered, it will hide the twin loop pretty good. I have seen them tucked away pretty good before. I would go twin loop too, it always seemed cool to me... Just my .02
Old 10-25-2009, 08:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MHDesigns
If your car is lowered, it will hide the twin loop pretty good. I have seen them tucked away pretty good before. I would go twin loop too, it always seemed cool to me... Just my .02
Well i love how it looks. And no my car isnt dropped yet. I'm doing all the performance stuff first.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You can still hide a twin loop pretty well. Here is my OBX twin loop with the tip cut off and a piece of stainless pipe for a tailpipe installed to make it look more stock:

On my coupe:

On my 4 door:

Old 10-25-2009, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

RyanA how much did those LCAs & lower bar cost?
Old 10-25-2009, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimster480
RyanA how much did those LCAs & lower bar cost?
those look like blox lcas, i got mine for 110 and the asr brace and bar kit it right around 360.

OP my friend used to have a sol w/ a b16 and had the obx twin loop and straight pipe and it sounded nice, could get loud, but if you add a resonator it will definately tone it down a tone. also like the guy above me posted paint the can black and it looks stock.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

RyanA - That looks wicked clean.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 93egSLEEPER
those look like blox lcas, i got mine for 110 and the asr brace and bar kit it right around 360.

OP my friend used to have a sol w/ a b16 and had the obx twin loop and straight pipe and it sounded nice, could get loud, but if you add a resonator it will definately tone it down a tone. also like the guy above me posted paint the can black and it looks stock.
is it worth it?
Old 10-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well that twin loop with the oem tip looks gay. LoL not my style. And neither is painting it black. Im just gonna buy it and hope for the best.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Post sound clip or video when you do it
Old 10-25-2009, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mortificationrock
Well that twin loop with the oem tip looks gay. LoL not my style. And neither is painting it black. Im just gonna buy it and hope for the best.
Well, the point is to look stock (gay) so morons cry like little bitches when you absolutely ream their "bling bling" car. I love it. Nothing like getting your butt smoked in your flashy car by something that looks stock and is driven by a 36 year old. LOL.

Also, I see no performance function of putting a 5" tip on a 2.5" piece of pipe. THAT is gay if you ask me. Quit being a poser and buy a diesel....

Now, that said, the above is all just a matter of personal opinion. Is there a right or a wrong? Nope. Just like car audio. You have a highlighted install or a stealth install. Some people like to show off what they have visually while others would rather have it hidden and show the performance of their system.

Last edited by RyanA; 10-25-2009 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

obx sucks.. stick with the es oval man
Old 10-25-2009, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Is the ES quieter than the OBX? It's pretty quiet but I'd like it quieter yet...
Old 10-25-2009, 10:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

maybe. It all depends on wether one puts resonators or not. I'm not hating on your muffler. I just don't like oem tips like that. Maybe a si tip. But we are all difirent. The tip is what I actually don't like about the obx one. It looks massive. But I'm tired of other people going with the flow. I like to be difirent. Es I've had. Its nice. But I want to fix this car diffirent. No one ever fixes 2 cars alike.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well if you decide to go es tunning i have a used one i took off my coupe will let it go for 60 bux perfect condition im in socal orange county !!
Old 10-26-2009, 05:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I always put a resonator on my exhaust to get rid of the rasp. You think the ES would be as quiet or quieter than the OBX with the piping/resonator the same? I've never heard one, that's why I ask. I'm about ready to cut this brand new Greddy SP2 cat back up just to get the muffler. I'd rather not since it's a discontinued Accord cat back but I've had no interest in it so far so I may use it to build an exhaust...

Yep, agreed. Different strokes for different folks. Imports are not very big around here. I like to blend in and be unsuspecting. Nothing better than making an F body or Mustang owners eyes pop out of their head when your "stock rice burner" just gave them a run they didn't expect. I'm actually getting ready to pull the Skunk2 MegaPower exhaust off of my CRX right now to put a new muffler with single inlet/dual outlet so it's quieter and looks like stock. It's ugly so it's really fun messing with people in that.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i have the obx twin..... its nice, but it doesnt fit in my EG' hatch.. which i didnt know prior... u wanna buy?
Old 10-26-2009, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i have the Mugen Twin Loop i don't know how close OBX tried to make their version that picture i just saw looked not as nice but i am sure there is an obvious price difference as well. the twin loop tucks up real nice!! and if you are running a cat and resonator you will be fairly quit. i wouldn't see you having a problem depending on what state you are in. i was riding through VA and found out they have a law that any modified exhaust that it is louder than stock is considered illegal.

ok jsut saw you are in LA so you are fine there, it would be louder than stock but not loud.

Last edited by HCivExoo; 10-26-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by HCivExoo
i have the Mugen Twin Loop i don't know how close OBX tried to make their version that picture i just saw looked not as nice but i am sure there is an obvious price difference as well. the twin loop tucks up real nice!! and if you are running a cat and resonator you will be fairly quit. i wouldn't see you having a problem depending on what state you are in. i was riding through VA and found out they have a law that any modified exhaust that it is louder than stock is considered illegal.

ok jsut saw you are in LA so you are fine there, it would be louder than stock but not loud.
rofl any exhaust louder that stock is illegal? WTF kind of **** law is that.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by HCivExoo

I was looking at this one.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-M...Q5fAccessories
Attached Images  
Old 10-27-2009, 02:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That's the one I have and it's not too loud at all. I'm running about an 18" resonator on 2.25" pipe on my coupe. 4 door had 2.5" pipe and 18" resonator. it was a little louder but not much. del Sol VTEC had the same setup but with the tip. Had to put 48" of resonator on it to get it as quiet as I wanted inside and to get rid of the rasp.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i bet that muffler is 50 pounds as i lift my old obx that isnt even a twin loop, but it sure does look nice
Old 10-27-2009, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mortificationrock
I am not too crazy about that tip but they are a little heavier than your straight through design but if you are trying to avoid the cops the quiter one is more practicle.

yeah when the state trooper pulled me over and asked if i hade a silencer for my MUGEN twin loop it almost pissed me off. but he noticed that i was just driving through the state and let me off. completly idiotic state!!

Quick Reply: OBX Twin Loop or ES Tuning?