Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

OBD II ECU issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBD II ECU issues

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot as I dont really post here often.
But what I have done is swap a B16A into a 97 civic. THe engine came from your typical JDM supplier. ANd its a complete swap.
Anyways everythings done. I went to plug in the ECU and found that the plug "d" does not fit. Plugs "a" and C fit fine. There is a spot for plug D but there are no pins there anyways.
Now on the other hand there is a sopt left for another plug to go but the plug I have left (Plug D) is too small.
So, the short version... OBD II B16 in a 97 Civic EX. The ECU that was supplied was a P2T but will not work. But if I plug in the stock ECU which is a P2E, the car will start but the CEL is on of course.
What ECU do I need. A P2?. And what car would it be out of? I do have a P2P from a 97 SI SOHC but its auto.
I tryed the search but nothing. Please, I need help.
Thanks,
Troy
Old 08-25-2006, 04:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: OBD II ECU issues (bennett)

Because your harness is OBDIIa, your plugs are not the same as OBDIIb, which is what the civic Si 99-00 P2T ecu is. I recomment coversion from OBDIIa to OBDI, using a P30 ECU which is the JDM SiR-II ecu, it would be better in the long run for the purpose of chipping and tuning it, or, if you wish to remain untunable with an OBDII ecu, get a OBD2a to OBD2b jumper harness, and plug it in, and youll have to worry about all the extra sensors, secondary O2, purge solenoid on the fuel rail, CKF on the crank gear, and the purge tank sensors.