Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

NYC members, please help AGAIN~!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2003, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NYC members, please help AGAIN~!

Ok, I recently had a ticket for a modified exhaust about a month ago. I had to go to court and won. Today I was driving with my girl on a busy street in her area. I saw a cop who pulled over a VW Golf. I didnt think much about it untill the cop went across the street to stop traffic. He stopped me and told me to pull over so I did. I thought maybe something was fucked up in the front of the car or something. He asked for my license and registration so i gave it to him. He comes back with a ticket and tells me that I have a modified muffler and I better replace it. I told him that I just went to court for the same problem and the case was dismissed. I asked him why is he giving me the ticket and he told me my exhuast was too loud. Like WTF!! I was going like 10 mph becuase of traffic. How the hell are you going to tell me my exhaust is loud? He told me to explain it to the judge and have a nice day. What the hell am I supposed to do? Its the same courthouse and probably the same judge. Isnt there a record that the cops can view on file for recent tickets? Like to prove that the case was dismissed? Someone please help me out and give me some info on what I can do for this bullshit ticket. Thanks in advance! BTW, the ticket says Modified Exhaust (Extremly loud noise).

[Modified by Panda EK, 5:14 PM 3/21/2003]
Old 03-21-2003, 01:21 PM

Default Re: NYC members, please help AGAIN~! (Panda EK)

just go in, it will get thrown out
Old 03-21-2003, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NYC members, please help AGAIN~! (sparq)

I hate when cops just blatantly abuse their power. If you are going 10mph, even at full throttle your exhaust wouldn't be that loud because you are like like 2-3,000rpms. If you still have the old ticket from the first time and if you have the paper showing the courts ruling when you took it to court, then you should be able to get off this time. You should carry that ticket with you at all times so you can prove that your exhaust has been proven to be legal.
Old 03-21-2003, 07:01 PM

Default Re: NYC members, please help AGAIN~! (b16a ferio)

Thats the thing. He went to court and never got that paper back. How would he be able to prove it was thrown out of court?
Old 03-21-2003, 07:21 PM

Default Re: NYC members, please help AGAIN~! (Rice x Gurl)

Thats the thing. He went to court and never got that paper back. How would he be able to prove it was thrown out of court?
im sure they keep records.

good luck bro.
Old 03-21-2003, 07:30 PM
New User

Default Re: NYC members, please help AGAIN~! ('99EJ8)

i got a ticket like that 3 weeks ago. How much would it cost for me to pay for it? I still havent gotten around to handling that. I am from NYC too and i got that ticket in flushing as well. Sucks.....freaking mayor bloomberg. That greedy bastard, he is just trying to make up for NYC deficit....while he is rolling around with 4 billion of his own money and assets.
Old 03-21-2003, 08:26 PM

Default Re: NYC members, please help AGAIN~! (hobo79)

No fine, You cant just pay for pink tickets. They actually make you go out of your way and go to court. And if you dont show up they put a warrant out for your arrest. How gay is that?
Old 03-21-2003, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would have revved the **** out of it after that......and I usually am very cool headed about things.

Come on you POS, well since you alread gave me the ticket.....**** YOU BWAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

N-E-way, get a copy of your court records. Carry that around in the car...and remember to get the badge number of the officer and any partners around, pull out the cell and call his supervisor. They really don't like that.
Old 03-21-2003, 08:43 PM

that reminds me, we had a small HT meet on LI awhile back and about 6 of us got harrassed by some cop when we returned to our cars after hanging out in an arcade for awhile. he was a total ***: demanded everyone immediately get into their cars and start their engine and have license and registration ready. keep in mind we were parked there b/c we actually went into and spent money at this place, and our car were parked. he checked everyones **** and had us all rev our engines walkin around with the usual "u know its illegal to modify an exhaust to make it louder right?". of course we're HT guys, so all of our cars were quiet enough that the cop couldnt even warrant giving us tickets. i think maybe one unlucky car got ticketed that night.

good luck with ur cop probs man, and look into getting a quieter exhaust or add a resonator. it really isnt worth the hassle to have a loud exhaust. cops are bustin down big time
Old 03-22-2003, 09:11 AM

Default Re: NYC members, please help AGAIN~! (Pengo)

(This is Panda EK)My exhuast is quiet unless I am WOT. I did not remove the resonator. The car was even going about 10 mph cruising. I didnt even have my foot on the gas because I was coming to a stop. This is the second time a cop has given me a ticket and I was going so slow that you couldnt even hear my exhaust. There just out to harrass people with hooked up or mildly hooked up cars. It makes me want to get out of the game. Next thing you know they will be checking ride height and giving out tickets for those too. A freakin mustang is louder than my exhaust at idle. There has to be some sort of thing New Yorkers can do about this. And again this happened during the day on a busy street. Not at night waking people up.
Old 03-22-2003, 09:16 AM

I can't help with the current case, but good luck. I'm in Flushing too, I feel your pain.

You mentioned (facetiously) that they might start checking ride height, are there even laws for that sort of thing in NYC?
Old 03-22-2003, 09:28 AM

When ever i see a cop pulled over on the right hand side of the street or something handling something with another driver and im pretty sure he wont leave the scene he is at...i usually tend to downshift and stomp on the gass and just Zoom away really really loud. Oh yea and i do the same thing on the highway if i see them giving someone a ticket atleast it makes me feel better
Old 03-22-2003, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NYC members, please help AGAIN~! (NeVeR bLoWn)

I thought the cop needed to have like a decible meter to tell if your exhaust was too loud, cause like each person may think differently on whats loud. But yeah hope you get your ticket thingy resolved.
Old 03-22-2003, 09:54 AM

Default Re: NYC members, please help AGAIN~! (aw1234dude)

Thanks, unfortunately I did some research and here in nyc it all depends on the officer. There is no need for decibel meters. They can right you up based on there judgement weather its loud or not. They obviously abuse there power as an officer and take advantage of that. That is why I ask, there must be something we can do to stop this bullshit~!
Old 03-22-2003, 09:55 AM

Default Re: NYC members, please help AGAIN~! (aw1234dude)

I thought the cop needed to have like a decible meter to tell if your exhaust was too loud, cause like each person may think differently on whats loud. But yeah hope you get your ticket thingy resolved.
I remember not to long ago the Mayor was had cops in the Village in Manhattan with those decible meters giving tickets... but ummm you could have a point there with that decible meter thing...
Old 03-22-2003, 10:21 AM

Default Re: NYC members, please help AGAIN~! (NeVeR bLoWn)

Hopefully the case will be thrown out again and I wont forget some type of documentation so the cops cant harrass me anymore~!
Old 03-22-2003, 10:26 AM

If it was thrown out the first time it'll probably get thrown out again. Just ask for documentation, and like one of the previous posters said, get the popo's badge number and call up his superiors and file an official complaint. That is such crap.
Old 03-22-2003, 10:47 AM
"Haters Gonna Hate"

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: NYC members, please help AGAIN~! (AresB16A2Turbo)

I'd file a complaint if I were you.
Old 03-22-2003, 11:37 AM

they just started this new law targetting city noise.

so anyone with loud exhausts, loud sound systems, and sport bikes could and will get a ticket in nyc if you get caught by a dumb cop with nothing else to do.

go to court, hopefully theyll dismiss it.

filing a complaint wont do anything, cops in nyc and nj are way too corrupt.

btw: people on harleys 10x louder probably wont get pulled over, its called profiling and its sad.

but good luck, thats why im switching over to a thermal and spraying it, dont need anymore trouble from the pigs.
Old 03-23-2003, 07:40 AM

Default Re: NYC members, please help AGAIN~! (NA Junkie)

I don't know about filing a complaint. While it may get the cop in trouble, it might also just **** him off, and then him and his buddies will be on the lookout for your car. And if you got the ticket in a place where you're frequently found (Flushing, let's say) it could be more of a headache than it's worth?

Just a word of caution from a super pig-phobe.