Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

numerous CELs. . . help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 01:26 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default numerous CELs. . . help!!!

hey guys. i need some help.

i did the jumper pin thing so i can check what was wrong. . . and i'm throwing numerous codes. I'm throwing a code 1, 2, 3, 10, and 17.

so these are heated o2 sensor a, o2 content b, manifold absolute pressure, intake air temperature, and vehicle speed sensor.

i just recently installed a new header maybe 3 months ago, and ever since, the cars been throwing codes. i can use a little help here. the vehicle speed sensor, i'm not too worried about, but everything else is a problem.

can you guys help me out here? what can i do to get them cleared? would i need to get new o2 sensors? oh and also, the very bottom left screw on my header stripped and broke, so right now there's no screw in there, could that be the problem to the MAP issue?!

THANKS IN ADVANCED
Old 03-03-2007, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: numerous CELs. . . help!!! (gsr x civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gsr x civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
can you guys help me out here? what can i do to get them cleared? would i need to get new o2 sensors? oh and also, the very bottom left screw on my header stripped and broke, so right now there's no screw in there, could that be the problem to the MAP issue?! </TD></TR></TABLE>

I would first clear all codes by removing the hazard fuse? and the ecu fuse or just unplug the negative side battery cable for about 20 seconds.
Then see which ones come back.
O2 you are on your own but not a bad idea to change.
The header thing might cause and exhaust leak and maybe allow air into so you think you are a little lean, but I do not see that causing your map question.

I would start by eliminating one cel at a time until they are all gone. VSS shouldn't be too hard, Map sensor maybe just a vacuum leak - spray some carb cleaner in engine bay to find leak. Engine will surge when carb cleaner hits the leak.

Put your old manifold back on if you think it is causing problems.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:54 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: numerous CELs. . . help!!! (sauceja)

why would removing the hazard fuse and the ecu fuse help? does it actually eliminate the pending or stored codes? i'll probably end up changing the o2 sensor. the vss was only because i was sliding around last night in the snow, and my speedometer started freaking out on me.

i don't get that carb cleaner concept. can you please explain this to me more?

i'm pretty sure the header is causing the o2 sensor to get heated up, since there's much more air flowing thru and whatnot. the cel came on once i popped in the new header and "tried it out" .

thanks for your input sauceja!
Old 03-03-2007, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have a vacuum leak and spray carb cleaner it will get "sucked" into the engine it responds to the "fuel" and will surge a little.
Ever sprayed carb cleaner into your throttle body while engine was running?
I think its the hazard fuse but yes thats what clears the "stored" codes on your ecu. That way when you start driving again you most recent and reoccuring problems come back.

GL.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:00 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: numerous CELs. . . help!!! (sauceja)

where would i spray carb cleaner? anywhere on the engine bay?

oh and btw, if you could give me a more detailed description of what you're talking about with the fuses. . . that'd be great. lmk !
Old 03-03-2007, 08:15 PM

he means go under your hood and then underneath your fuse box, there will be a 10amp fuse...look on top of the fuse box and it will say hazard adn use that as like amap when you lift the cap. then youpull at the fuse and leave it out for 20 seconds then put it back in..and your codesshould be gone...GL
Old 03-04-2007, 05:24 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

bump!
still need help!