Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

NRG Racing seats???

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NRG Racing seats???

Im looking to order these to put into a 2000 civic coupe . But my question is ,and i have asked the seller on ebay, what bracket do i use?? does anyone have any experience with these seats at all??

the sellers response was to have it a professional install them, ummmmm yeahhhhhhh cause seats are sooooooo hard to install.

if any one has any good info let me know, and if these seats are just junk let me know too..

Old 05-09-2006, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: NRG Racing seats??? (Morhpeous)

A guy here bought those and made his own brackets.

I would bet either Sparco brackets, or Wedge Engineering brackets would work as well. It all depends on the bolt pattern they used on the bottom of the seats.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NRG Racing seats??? (Marauder)

honestly, i would want to know if they have been crash tested......if they have not...they may just fold back during a rear end collision......they look good and are cheaper but i dont think i would risk it......BUT, i did have a pair of ebay seats in an old car of mine......BUT needless to say, a similar set held during a wreck into a telephone pole at 30 MPH......my experience with them.........not too bad i dont guess...but like i said this was at 30.......i dont know how they would have held up at 60.....but personally now, i wouldnt go with anything that isnt crash tested....
Old 05-21-2006, 09:50 AM

Default FIA approved is the way to go...

Yea when you buy a seat make sure it is "FIA approved", which I doubt these are. I had a Jamex $150 seat in my old /crx and when I got in an accident the seat bottom collapsed and the springs gouged me in the butt [10 stiches each cheek]. Luckly it was a one piece bucket shell otherwise it could have all disintegrated with me in it.... Anyway yea thats my 2 cents. -Kris

BTW... Morhpeous hit me up concerning those SI wheels you got. I live in Portsmouth and I'm interested.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FIA approved is the way to go... (turbotortuga)

for these seats recent owner b4 i got a few tickets lol
Old 05-21-2006, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FIA approved is the way to go... (turbotortuga)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbotortuga &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">when I got in an accident the seat bottom collapsed and the springs gouged me in the butt [10 stiches each cheek]. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm so glad you posted this because I definately would not want that to happen to me because I too was considering these seats. BTW I hope that you are OK

Old 05-21-2006, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: FIA approved is the way to go... (patdow1)

let me tell you something......dont get the nrg seats! i think they suck. although nrg makes some good quick releases. have you ever considered getting the buddy club racing spec seat? those ones are good and decent price. the only think that sucks about them is, the lengh of it is sort of short. so for all you tall people taller than 5'10, it'll be a BAD whiplash if you get in an accident. you'll probably break your neck as well. haha.....oh wait, that wont be too funny. well, since i told you that, you're probably thinking its not a safe seat anymore. the sparco speed is good as well. make a good choice and be happy. haha
Old 05-21-2006, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you are going for looks, don't wanna spend much money YOUR best OPTION is to wait for a good deal ( recomended) my friend picked up some Sparco Speeds (2) for $300 (good condition) for best fitment on brakets try to get some Wedge Engineering!

I was about to get some seats like that and I'm glad I didn't get 'em !!
Old 05-21-2006, 11:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have seats made by who ever makes those.. mine say nismo on them. got them for free i use it at a pc chair.. wouldnt use it for a car tho, heres a pic i have a 4 pt harness also lol.. does feel nice tho but i dont think it would last in a car
Old 05-21-2006, 11:45 PM

Default Re: NRG Racing seats??? (john666)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by john666 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have seats made by who ever makes those.. mine say nismo on them. got them for free i use it at a pc chair.. wouldnt use it for a car tho, heres a pic i have a 4 pt harness also lol.. does feel nice tho but i dont think it would last in a car
</TD></TR></TABLE>
^^ wow you have a 4pt. harness on your PC chair??!! must have some wild times in front of that monitor
Old 05-21-2006, 11:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NRG Racing seats??? (thahuhstunna)

You wanna run me ? lol
all free stuff so might as well go all out
Old 05-22-2006, 12:11 AM

Default Re: NRG Racing seats??? (john666)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by john666 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You wanna run me ? lol
all free stuff so might as well go all out
</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats gangsta
Old 05-22-2006, 01:58 AM
Banned

Default Re: NRG Racing seats??? (Harryflores)

for $300, the person who sold them was either desperate, or the seats arent real sparco seats. ive seen brand new bride seats on ebay for $250 by it now, theres no way theyre real.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NRG Racing seats??? (strictly.business)

Dude I have TORINO II's limited edition red and black !! you think I don't know how a REAL SPARCO seat looks like ??? and the guy had a post on CRAIGSLIST for like 3 weeks and my friend picked them... He said he was practicly giving them away cuz he got new seats (Recaro) and was tired of them and also cuz they don't recline ... they have the tags on the seats and also we checked in the bottom of the SEAT ... MADE IN ITALY... ..

I can post pics to back up what I'm saying

all RICE BURNERS have those Ebay seats... that's why I don't buy BRIDE

Check Craigslist LA / auto parts / type ROTA... there is a guy selling some GRID's for $ 250 set of 4.... he's been there for like 2 weeks.... rearly great condition
Old 05-22-2006, 10:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

They look very nice but I found them very stiff and uncomfortable. also if you lean back with more thn a little preassure the rear adjustment fails very easily(falls down flat).
Old 05-22-2006, 11:16 PM
Banned

DUDE, i bet your torinos are fake too. if the side bolsters move, theyre fake.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:26 PM
AVA
Sláinte

Default Re: NRG Racing seats??? (strictly.business)

They are like everything else.. you get what you pay for. They will wear and rip. They will crumble in an accident. Not to mention they are uncomfortable. For the price of these, you can get yourself some nice OEM seats, like integra, prelude, crx, whatever which are much easier to install

And if you are set on racing seats, sparco makes some very nice non-reclinable buckets for the same price
Old 05-23-2006, 01:34 AM

Default Re: NRG Racing seats??? (^Jae)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ^Jae &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">They are like everything else.. you get what you pay for. They will wear and rip. They will crumble in an accident. Not to mention they are uncomfortable. For the price of these, you can get yourself some nice OEM seats, like integra, prelude, crx, whatever which are much easier to install

And if you are set on racing seats, sparco makes some very nice non-reclinable buckets for the same price</TD></TR></TABLE>
^^remember the days when the only reason people bought racing seats was so they could run at the tracks or carbon buckets for their weight? i guess now it's all about fashion instead of function
Old 05-23-2006, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default NRG Racing seats

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by strictly.business &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">DUDE, i bet your torinos are fake too. if the side bolsters move, theyre fake.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Dude relax I got my seats from the Sparco website and I got them deliver to my door in the original Boxes!! Also got some Meca 2 (gloves) that I can Slap you with !

Modified by Harryflores at 11:23 AM 5/23/2006
Old 05-23-2006, 10:07 AM

Default Re: NRG Racing seats (Harryflores)

You get what you pay for these days,but its your life
Old 05-23-2006, 10:16 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Morhpeous &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im looking to order these to put into a 2000 civic coupe . But my question is ,and i have asked the seller on ebay, what bracket do i use?? does anyone have any experience with these seats at all??

the sellers response was to have it a professional install them, ummmmm yeahhhhhhh cause seats are sooooooo hard to install.

if any one has any good info let me know, and if these seats are just junk let me know too..

</TD></TR></TABLE>

wow, you're still around? you sold me your drag turbo kit like 2 years ago..haha
Old 05-23-2006, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NRG Racing seats (Harryflores)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Harryflores &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Also got some Meca 2 (gloves) that I can Slap you with!</TD></TR></TABLE>

FTW!
Old 05-30-2006, 11:18 AM
Former Sponsor - Cancelled

CALL THESE GUYS. I HAVE THE SAME SEATS ON MY DEL SOL AND THEY MADE THE BRACKETS FOR ME.

Wedge Engineering
2031 Cherry Industrial Circle
Long Beach, CA 90805

Phone: (562) 633-1663