Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Noticed unpluged plugs and no bolts through mounts underneath my car. This bad?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 04:42 PM
dotmichael to you

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noticed unpluged plugs and no bolts through mounts underneath my car. This bad?

I was under my car checking something and noticed there were two plugs that were just hanging there. I have NO idea what they are for.

Then I found a mount which looks like it is supposed to go into the transmission and another mount which is supposed to go into the engine, but I really dont know.

These are horrible pictures, but I'm hoping someone can figure out if these are necessary.

Two plugs pictures:

this is right below the intake manifold

Transmission pictures:

I should note that the black thing is sideways and looks like it can be straightened out if the bolt is loosened. It lines right up with the trans.

Engine pictures:

Dont bash me too hard if those are indeed transmission and engine mounts.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:49 PM

Default Re: Noticed unpluged plugs and no bolts through mounts underneath my car. This bad? (. M i c h a e l

the plugs look like they could be for evap solenoid and iat or iab (what motor is in it and what kind of car?)

the first bracket is the tranny stiffener, and you are also missing the flywheel cover. they are not absolutely needed, but you should fix them just for added protection.

The other mount is the lower torque mount/ac compressor bracket. You should definitely address that. It's especially important because of the fact that you actually have a/c. Unfortunately, it looks like the bolt broke off inside the mount, so you would need a new bracket to fix that.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Noticed unpluged plugs and no bolts through mounts underneath my car. This bad? (. M i c h a e l

the plugs im not sure.. do you have any check engine lights?
as for the other things the first one is for the tranny/flywheel cover.. and the other is the engine mount.. it should have a huge bolt going across it onto the mount on the ac compressor sits on
Old 05-21-2006, 05:02 PM
dotmichael to you

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 743power &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> the plugs look like they could be for evap solenoid and iat or iab (what motor is in it and what kind of car?)</TD></TR></TABLE>

jdm b16a in a 93 si. no CELs, btw..I dont know if that matters.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 743power &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
the first bracket is the tranny stiffener, and you are also missing the flywheel cover. they are not absolutely needed, but you should fix them just for added protection.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i thought something was wrong when i could see the flywheel. i'm assuming i need to take the trans off to put that on...of which is not a feasible option. i will get a bolt for that stiffener though.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 743power &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
The other mount is the lower torque mount/ac compressor bracket. You should definitely address that. It's especially important because of the fact that you actually have a/c. Unfortunately, it looks like the bolt broke off inside the mount, so you would need a new bracket to fix that.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you can see the bolt broke off? where?

just plain old strong grade bolts should do the trick for both?
Old 05-21-2006, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Where did you get the motor from? If it was hmotorsonline.com then it should have come with those torque mount bolts for both sides.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:11 PM

i got those same plugs on my D16Y8 and have wondered what they are for years... so what are they?!
Old 05-21-2006, 05:16 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by . M i c h a e l &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

jdm b16a in a 93 si. no CELs, btw..I dont know if that matters.

DO YOU HAVE POWER STEERING?

i thought something was wrong when i could see the flywheel. i'm assuming i need to take the trans off to put that on...of which is not a feasible option. i will get a bolt for that stiffener though.

YOU DON'T NEED TO TAKE THE TRANS OFF. THERE IS 5 OR SO 10MM BOLTS AND ONE OR TWO BIGGER ONES HOLDING IT ON. I WOULD SUGGEST GETTING ALL THE HARDWARE FROM HONDA TRY http://www.slhondaparts.com

you can see the bolt broke off? where?

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 05-21-2006, 05:30 PM
dotmichael to you

Yes I do have power steering.

I'll look into that flywheel cover.

I still dont see a broken bolt.