Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

NoS or save up for the turbo??

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NoS or save up for the turbo??

well im saving up to make my car quick and Im running into acouple of decisions.. I own a 95 ex coupe vtec SOHC and im pondering what to get a NoS kit or a greddy turbo.. So i was just wondering what some of you guys think wud be my best bet...
Old 11-02-2003, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NoS or save up for the turbo?? (2slow2curious)

Save for the Greddy kit...power whenever you want it, not just when you spray. I love my Greddy kit and would NEVER trade it for N20.
Old 11-02-2003, 11:07 AM

Default Re: NoS or save up for the turbo?? (Ricey McRicerton)

Turbo
Old 11-02-2003, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd save for a turbo, the Edelbrock kit seems great, but I've never been a fan of nitrous.
Old 11-02-2003, 11:08 AM

I would never put nitrous in any automobile I own. It just seems like a very cheap and underhanded way to go faster.
Old 11-02-2003, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NoS or save up for the turbo?? (96coupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'd save for a turbo, the Edelbrock kit seems great, but I've never been a fan of nitrous.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Agreed, the Edlebrock kit is a VERY complete kit, but when you can buy a used Greddy kit for 1500 and the Edlebrock kit is almost 2k more, that's a helluva lot more saving.
Old 11-02-2003, 11:12 AM

junkyard turbo
Old 11-02-2003, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NoS or save up for the turbo?? (TorganFM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TorganFM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would never put nitrous in any automobile I own. It just seems like a very cheap and underhanded way to go faster.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Since when is cheap horsepower a bad thing?
Old 11-02-2003, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NoS or save up for the turbo?? (RyanCivic2000)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RyanCivic2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Since when is cheap horsepower a bad thing? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah really?? Shoot some insight into the N20 world man! Did you ever get your project finished?
Old 11-02-2003, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah really?? Shoot some insight into the N20 world man! Did you ever get your project finished?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I love turbo, but nitrous is alot of fun also. It gives you an opportunity to work on all-motor and forced induction at the same time.

My project is slightly delayed due to a possible blocked nitrous line. It caused me to loose alot of money on the dyno too.
Old 11-02-2003, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NoS or save up for the turbo?? (RyanCivic2000)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RyanCivic2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My project is slightly delayed due to a possible blocked nitrous line. It caused me to loose alot of money on the dyno too. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow, that sucks big time man. I hope everything works out for you and you get that line fixed! I know you were so close!
Old 11-02-2003, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NoS or save up for the turbo?? (jwn7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jwn7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">junkyard turbo </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 11-02-2003, 12:52 PM

1200+ for turbo or 250-325 (used zex kit) plus $20-$40 times # of times u fill. Less constant stress with the nitrous, plus its alot safer then people would have u believe. And then u get to have all those people whine and say u cheated because u sprayed. Like the point of street racing wasnt to cheat others into thinking u slow. lol. Nitrous for life.
Old 11-02-2003, 05:29 PM

Default Re: NoS or save up for the turbo?? (btleier)

junkyard turbo ehh -.- kinda hard to find a decent turbo in a junkyard ??
Old 11-02-2003, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

turbo!!
Old 11-02-2003, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

heh.... by junkyard turbo we don't mean necessarily get everything from the junkyard... what we mean is peiceing together your own turbo kit, whether through the classifieds on here or what not, it's a nice cost effective way to get a kit....
Old 11-02-2003, 06:37 PM

Default Re: NoS or save up for the turbo?? (btleier)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by btleier &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">heh.... by junkyard turbo we don't mean necessarily get everything from the junkyard... what we mean is peiceing together your own turbo kit, whether through the classifieds on here or what not, it's a nice cost effective way to get a kit.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah. you can get some parts from the junkyard (ie manifold, downpipe, ic, etc) but i sure as hell would not get the turbo itself from the junkyard.
Old 11-02-2003, 07:06 PM

Default Re: NoS or save up for the turbo?? (TorganFM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TorganFM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would never put nitrous in any automobile I own. It just seems like a very cheap and underhanded way to go faster.</TD></TR></TABLE>

finally, someone has the same opinion as me!! whenevr i post that, i get flamed. but yeah, turbo that biatch, would you ever do steroids? i think of nitrous as steroids for cars. its just gay imo. (puts on flame suit and prays)
Old 11-02-2003, 07:12 PM

b series swap then turbo
Old 11-02-2003, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: (lsvtec hatch05)

go turbo!! im just about done with an all motor build with nitrous and for the money ive spent on it i coulda had my d16 with forged bottom end and a slightly used greddy turbo kit- honestly.
Old 11-02-2003, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NoS or save up for the turbo?? (97civhatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 97civhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

finally, someone has the same opinion as me!! whenevr i post that, i get flamed. but yeah, turbo that biatch, would you ever do steroids? i think of nitrous as steroids for cars. its just gay imo. (puts on flame suit and prays)</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmm...sounds like you are upset about getting beaten by cars in the 1/4 that have spent a little less money than you with a N20 setup. I for one, would run N20 on top of my turbo, but just have no need for it (high 13s are just fine for a daily drive IMHO) . If you look at N20 as steriods for a car, then I guess a turbo would be an IV full of steroids that constantly drips!
Old 11-02-2003, 09:16 PM

Super Charger.... faster off the line
Old 11-03-2003, 12:07 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Hmm...sounds like you are upset about getting beaten by cars in the 1/4 that have spent a little less money than you with a N20 setup. I for one, would run N20 on top of my turbo, but just have no need for it (high 13s are just fine for a daily drive IMHO) . If you look at N20 as steriods for a car, then I guess a turbo would be an IV full of steroids that constantly drips!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly, or at least somewhere along the lines of, what I was going to say.

Those who talk down on nitrous have this attitude of superiority and it's quite annoying. We all know The Fast and Furious was a ghey movie, but believe it or not, the use of nitrous existed before that movie was created. Nitrous oxide is a good power adder for amateur and professional drag racers alike and definitely a bang-for-the-buck upgrade.
Old 11-03-2003, 02:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NoS or save up for the turbo?? (NOSpeed97)

i'd say go for the boost and you'll have a nice and quick reliable setup i myself am a nitrous junkie to me it was the route to go but not everyone likes nitrous,soem have superiority issues and some say it's cheating imho nitrous is just another forced induction and needs just as much tuning as the next turbo kit as far as turbo kit i'd go with the greddy kit over the edelbrock
Old 11-03-2003, 04:26 AM

Hmm...sounds like you are upset about getting beaten by cars in the 1/4 that have spent a little less money than you with a N20 setup. I for one, would run N20 on top of my turbo, but just have no need for it (high 13s are just fine for a daily drive IMHO) . If you look at N20 as steriods for a car, then I guess a turbo would be an IV full of steroids that constantly drips!</TD></TR></TABLE>

well, i get beat by just about every car on the road(d16y7) although, i have never raced a car with nitrous. but, i just could never warm up to nitrous. the thought of relying on a bottle to go fast is just a little wierd. its just my opinion.

Quick Reply: NoS or save up for the turbo??