Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Noisy F@&*^$G Ground Controls????????

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noisy F@&*^$G Ground Controls????????

Hey yall... im having a problem with my ground controls... THEY ARE NOISY AS ****!!!. Im running them with AGX's (a common setup here) and its slammed to the fender on my EK... my question to you guys is what is going on here???? its just creaking and squeaking while im driving and its driving me nut (yes i know exhaust music cant hear it etc). but u know what... its considerably loud and it makes the job seem... unpolished if you guys know what i mean... anyways i got the shocks set to -2 in the front and -4 in the back... let me know im goin nuts! THANKS
Old 05-05-2005, 10:05 PM

Default Re: Noisy F@&*^$G Ground Controls???????? (lswift)

Did the sound started occuring before or after you installed your GC/AGX's...?
Old 05-05-2005, 10:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You sure you didn't blow them already riding that low? Take them apart and re-seat everything.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:10 PM

Default Re: Noisy F@&*^$G Ground Controls???????? (chowmien)

the noise was there from the time of install.. before i was riding on my stock DX suspens... i havent had em on for more than a week to week and a half... its mainly doing it on the passenger side... like i can hear it when i shut the door a lil.. and if i go to the passenger side by the headlight i can hear it creaking... should i try raising it up? maybe a different setting on the shocks?
Old 05-05-2005, 10:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have a similar squeaking problem on my front right
its a slight squeak when i run over small bumps etc
im running koni yellow w/ eibach sportlines, slammed mad hard on the lowest perch, 0 wheel gap

however, my control arm bushings are bad ..
i went to the shop, they said this might be the issue ?
maybe its the same for you

anyway, bump
Old 05-05-2005, 10:15 PM

Default Re: Noisy F@&*^$G Ground Controls???????? (killaj12)

maybe its the pillow ball... im not too sure though its driving me nuts though... it makes it seem like i have cut springs or some ****.. damn noisy.. i have heard of gc's being notoriously noisy.. but this is wierd...
Old 05-05-2005, 10:18 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chowmien &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You sure you didn't blow them already riding that low? Take them apart and re-seat everything.</TD></TR></TABLE>

x2 -- That's pretty low man. Almost down to showroom height.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:23 AM

Default Re: Noisy F@&*^$G Ground Controls???????? (Slipjack)

More than likely its your bushings keeping that much noise. There was a process describe on here for releasing the twist bushings go under when a car is lowered a lot.

Try that, or try having them greased.

Had this same problem up until a couple days ago.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:16 AM

Default Re: Noisy F@&*^$G Ground Controls???????? (Kolijian)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kolijian &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">More than likely its your bushings keeping that much noise. There was a process describe on here for releasing the twist bushings go under when a car is lowered a lot.

Try that, or try having them greased.

Had this same problem up until a couple days ago.</TD></TR></TABLE>
easiest thing to try is spray the bushings with something like wd-40 or something and if it stops the noise, get some urathane bushings/inserts etc.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Noisy F@&*^$G Ground Controls???????? (Kolijian)

Wait it out the springs may still be settling a bit....they've only been in a week or 2...give it a month if it's still there then I'd look into the bushings.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:20 AM

I haven't heard many good things about ground controls...
Old 05-06-2005, 06:20 AM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Either something is rubbing somewhere or you need to replace some bushings.

My Ground Controls with Konis make no noise whatsoever.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Noisy F@&*^$G Ground Controls???????? (Accel Junky)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Accel Junky &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I haven't heard many good things about ground controls...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Really? All I hear is good things and I had them with Tokico Illuminas and they were awsome for the 2+ years I had them...No problems at all.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Noisy F@&*^$G Ground Controls???????? (Happyman)

did u also install a rear ingalls camber kit by chance? i've had mine in for almost 2 years now and christ the rear passenger still squeeks like hell. time to change.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:50 PM

Default Re: Noisy F@&*^$G Ground Controls???????? (deeksmooth)

no i havent put on any camber kit.. yet... i stiffened up the front shocks to 1 and the squeaking is near gone... im not worried about my cd player skipping .. cuz i run my mp3 player thru it lol... <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Happyman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wait it out the springs may still be settling a bit....they've only been in a week or 2...give it a month if it's still there then I'd look into the bushings.</TD></TR></TABLE> yea i was thinking that too.. ill wait it out a lil.. im too lazy to reseat everything right now thats for damn sure... whats a good place for urathane bushings???
Old 05-06-2005, 06:52 PM
Lover

crazy question, but do you have a camber kit installed? if so it might be your camber kit instead of your GCs.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:06 PM

Default Re: Noisy F@&*^$G Ground Controls???????? (Carparts-Auction.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lswift &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no i havent put on any camber kit.. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 05-06-2005, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Accel Junky &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I haven't heard many good things about ground controls...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I havent heard anything bad about ground controls before.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:20 PM

yea when i was considering my suspension setup everyone on here was all about the ground controls.. the only thing i was unsure about was the AGX's and i like em alot.. i would have loved koni yellows but i coldnt drop 500 on those shocks... **** save up a lil more and i could have gotten some tien basic damper for like 600...

EDIT: BTW guys the ride is smooooth and i love it.. its just the noise, like i said it makes it seem like the job wasnt done right.. and im being mad **** about it but **** i dont want it squeakin like that.... but i guess ill wait it out i might even try raising it.. how do you guys measure a drop is it from the ground to the top of the tire or to the fender?
Old 05-06-2005, 07:32 PM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lswift &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the only thing i was unsure about was the AGX's and i like em alot.. i would have loved koni yellows but i coldnt drop 500 on those shocks... **** save up a lil more and i could have gotten some tien basic damper for like 600...</TD></TR></TABLE>
Koni Sport &gt; Tein Basic.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:46 PM

Default Re: Noisy F@&*^$G Ground Controls???????? (Targa250R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Targa250R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Koni Sport &gt; Tein Basic.</TD></TR></TABLE> yea people dont seem to say tein is the **** for civics lol.... i know about 4 people with them on their accords (94-99) from basic to street damper, i gotta admit it rides nice but i have never riden a civic on teins...
Old 05-06-2005, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lswift &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> yea people dont seem to say tein is the **** for civics lol.... i know about 4 people with them on their accords (94-99) from basic to street damper, i gotta admit it rides nice but i have never riden a civic on teins...</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's because they've never tried Ground Control custom rate coilovers with koni yellows.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:59 PM

more than likely its your bushings. they may not squeek at a higher ride height so try to raise it a little to see if it stops.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Re: Noisy F@&*^$G Ground Controls???????? (deviant1)

since ive already got the thread open.. im in the market for a strut bar... i know ground control makes one because ive seen it in a issue of sport compact.. but its not on their site, ebay... anywhere.. anyways i was looking @ the Tanabe Sustec Front Strut Tower Bar .... 84 shipped from nopi... any opinions?
Old 05-06-2005, 08:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't heard good things about what you have to say

and as far as it goes -4 means owned wheel bearings and other fun stuff - The noise you are hearing is the spot welds comming apart

Also the ground controls come with isolator bushings - so if you bought them used and didn't get them this may be the problem

Quick Reply: Noisy F@&*^$G Ground Controls????????