Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

No spark whats the problem?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 06:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No spark whats the problem?

i recently purchased a 94 Civic EX and the kid that owned it before me wrecked it and from what it looks like he started to unplug crap to take the motor out, so i replugged everything in because i want to hear it run before i put the motor in my dads CX for x-mas. i checked it all out and it seems that the fuel pump wants to kick on whenever i wants, sometimes it will, sometimes it wont.

second i checked the spark w/ an extra plug and it had no spark, i changed a couple of the plugs and it made no difference, the car can crank over pretty good but it wont start or seem like its firing at all, i sprayed fuel in the car before i knew it didnt have spark and it did nothing. the original p28 ecu was used in my friends swap so i used a DX ecu which still should be able to get the car to run, im not worried about v-tec right now because the car is undriveable as it sits.

i changed the main relay and it did no difference. when i try to turn it over it the check engine light kinda flashes really dim and i hear some slight clicking under the dash like relays are going off. maybe the whole car is a mess but i know there is 2 wires that seem to be cut under the dash to a dead end connector taht doesnt seem to go to anything(red and green wires i beleive). i have 2 grounds hooked up that i saw but someone said there are grounds in the dist. but the distributor looks brand new, im not sure what to think at this point, anyone have an idea???
Old 12-19-2005, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: No spark whats the problem? (TD or Not TD)

i think im just going to tear the motor out and swap it, i think its something electrical with the car, i see some cut wires and crap. the main relay keeps clicking like a mo fo so i am going ahead with the swap.