Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

No Headlight Signal tones in 95 Civic - no fuse diagram available

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 07:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Headlight Signal tones in 95 Civic - no fuse diagram available

Does the 1995 Civic have an audible signal to tell me if my headlights are on after I turn off the engine? My car does not seem to notify me, leaving me with a dead battery on several occassions. For some reason, when I bought this car, used, It came with a 1996 Civic user's manual, so the fuse diagrams are not accurate.

Does anyone have the fuse diagram for the 95 civic?
Does anyone know of any other possible fixes to this problem?

Old 08-25-2006, 08:29 AM

Default Re: No Headlight Signal tones in 95 Civic - no fuse diagram available (Babarn00)

No it does not have a lights on reminder, there are a few how to's on the site on how to make one yourself for less than $20.

For your owners manual goto a junkyard or order the correct one from the dealership.
A helms manual will also have the fuse diagram in there as well and is a good investment.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: No Headlight Signal tones in 95 Civic - no fuse diagram available (Babarn00)

sorry man the 92-95 civic didn't have a headlight buzzer in them. How every they are easy and cheep to put in around 5 bucks for all that you will need to do the job yourself . You will need 1pezo tweeter from radio shack
2 fuse taps
2 crimp connectors to plug onto fuse tap
1st crimp the end connectors onto the wires for the tweeter. 2nd plug the fuse taps onto the fuse for the tail light 10amp fuse and the other one onto the fuse for the rear defroster relay 7.5amp. 3rd plug the connector that you crimped onto the tweeter into the fuse taps. 4th use a piece of dubble sided tape and stick the tweeter on top of the fuse block. Last turn the head lights on you should hear a buzz. then start the car and the buzzing will stop
Old 08-25-2006, 08:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: No Headlight Signal tones in 95 Civic - no fuse diagram available (instructor74)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by instructor74 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sorry man the 92-95 civic didn't have a headlight buzzer in them. How every they are easy and cheep to put in around 5 bucks for all that you will need to do the job yourself . You will need 1pezo tweeter from radio shack
2 fuse taps
2 crimp connectors to plug onto fuse tap
1st crimp the end connectors onto the wires for the tweeter. 2nd plug the fuse taps onto the fuse for the tail light 10amp fuse and the other one onto the fuse for the rear defroster relay 7.5amp. 3rd plug the connector that you crimped onto the tweeter into the fuse taps. 4th use a piece of dubble sided tape and stick the tweeter on top of the fuse block. Last turn the head lights on you should hear a buzz. then start the car and the buzzing will stop </TD></TR></TABLE>

Holy ****, what a ******* waste of time.

Here bro, I SEARCHED awhile back because I was having the same problem and ALMOST caused me to leave my headlights on when it was raining out and needed to have my headlights on due to it being the law - but not neccessarily for visability... So I went to radioshak.com and picked up THIS buzzer right here. Wires were too short for my liking so I soddered about 4 inches of 16 or 18 guage wire onto them to make 'em longer (just extended them). Plug positive into your low beam left or right fuse, plug negative into your windshield wiper fuse. Won't interfere with anything, will buzz when the car is off and the LOWBEAMS are on...very simple, very fast, very reliable, very cheap.

Only downside I can ever see is that if you have your brights on it uses a different fuse..so it won't go off....but I know that (for me anyways) when I leave my headlights on it's usually during the day when I can't see them - usually DON'T have the high beems on, y'know? Never forgot 'em at night if ya get what I'm saying.

EDIT:
Oh, and in case ur wondering about it hanging, ZIP TIE THAT SON OF A BITCH to the bottom fo the fuse box (this is all inside your car above the clutch btw, none of it in the engine fuse box). I taped it all there (to the bottom of the fuse box) but it fell of and such, so I'm actually going to go out there with some zipties TODAY and tie it up...those never come done.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:57 AM

Under the dash

Under the hood

Old 08-25-2006, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: No Headlight Signal tones in 95 Civic - no fuse diagram available (Striker_1818)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Striker_1818 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Under the dash

Under the hood

</TD></TR></TABLE>

He only needs to use the one under the dash, doesn't need to pop the hood, very simple yet efficient procedure.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

another thing you could do is hook up the positive of the siren to your parking lights (I think its red/black and you can grab that wire at the dimmer switch). Then you can just hook up the negative of that siren/buzzer to the drivers door pin. That way whenever you have the drivers door open the buzzer will go off telling you that you left your headlights on
Old 08-25-2006, 09:23 AM

Default Re: No Headlight Signal tones in 95 Civic - no fuse diagram available (Syndacate)

since he has no manual or covers thought i might add both sohe won't have to ask? geez people are so bitchy and noisy sometimes...
Old 08-25-2006, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Supa Lao)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Holy ****, what a ******* waste of time.
Plug positive into your low beam left or right fuse, plug negative into your windshield wiper fuse. Won't interfere with anything, will buzz when the car is off and the LOWBEAMS are on...very simple, very fast, very reliable, very cheap.

Only downside I can ever see is that if you have your brights on it uses a different fuse..so it won't go off....but I know that (for me anyways) when I leave my headlights on it's usually during the day when I can't see them - usually DON'T have the high beems on, y'know? Never forgot 'em at night if ya get what I'm saying.
.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Holy **** man you just typed the same thing I did only the way you hooked it up it will only work with low beams on. If you change it and hook it up the way that I did to the tail light instead of the headlight it will work regardless of what the lights are set to even if you only have the parking light on
Old 08-25-2006, 09:45 AM

Default Re: (instructor74)

Leave him alone
the guy wants attention