Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ngk wires

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 11:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ngk wires

okay this may sound tottaly n00b.. so dont flame me plz..

i have 2 questions..
i was at the junk yard today and saw a set of ngk spark plug wires sitting in the front seat of a eg hatch.. so i assuemd it was from the EG and that it would fit my car.. so i bought it (10 bux canadian.. cant go wrong) and the length of the actual wires is maybe .75cm longer than OEM.. is that okay?
and the actual piece that goes down the cylinder is the same length as oem.. but the rubber stopper at the top doesnt seem to fit into the hole properly.. as if its slightly too big.. is this a common problem and should i just force it in..
or is it just not meant for my engine (i can get a refund)

thanks!
Old 03-29-2003, 01:02 AM

Default Re: ngk wires (EG_Si)

Well if the Ngk wires have a Part # printed on em.. You can match it thru an auto parts store or NGK's website.
To see if They are ment for that engine.
I will say that when I go to a big salvage yard.. and I have an item in hand.. and have second thoughts.. about it.. or its broken.. or I realize it is the wrong part.. impulse buying.. blah blah....
I drop it wherever.. I won't walk back thru 100's of yards of old cars.. Kinda like in a grocery store... you have an extra can of soup.. do you put it back or leave it for the clerks... thats job security for them...
Old 03-29-2003, 06:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ngk wires (Snake Eyes)

Kinda like in a grocery store... you have an extra can of soup.. do you put it back or leave it for the clerks... thats job security for them...
I put it back where it belongs.

As for the wires, if they don't fit SNUGGLY all of the way around then you could end up with moisture/condensation inside the boot which could cause misfires, poor gas mileage and eventually a corroded terminal. If you aren't sure, then I would suggest buying the right wires for your car. They should only be about $40 for a set of NGKs for your EG.
Old 03-29-2003, 04:45 PM

Default Re: ngk wires (kommon_sense)

koo.. well im not that worreid about it.. like i mean it was only 10 bux canadian

but im just wondering if they're supposed to be liek that.. b/c i remember my frends didnt fit as well as oem.. but they still fit.. hmm.. ill try again 2mor or ill just go refudn it

neone have first hand experienece w/ ngk wires?
Old 03-29-2003, 09:05 PM

Default Re: ngk wires (kommon_sense)

If there is a long.. line I wont get out and wait in it again!
Kinda like in a grocery store... you have an extra can of soup.. do you put it back or leave it for the clerks... thats job security for them...

I put it back where it belongs.

at a salvage yard.. I wont walk a 1/2 mile roundtrip..to put something back.. no time.. if it is not my fault that it had a defect that i didn't see till the last minute!