Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

New quarters for my 93 civic ex sedan

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New quarters for my 93 civic ex sedan

Im looking for new quarters for my 93 civic ex sedan and cant seem to find anything except hatch back ones, are they the same?

If I replace the quarters how long am I looking to get outta them before they rust again?

How reliable is the z6 motor?
Old 04-16-2013, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A Few Simple Questions

The hatch quarter panels are all you will find. They have to be modified in order to fit coupes but am not sure about sedans. There was a thread about this about 2 weeks ago actually.

The time until they rust depends on your location and upkeep.

I don't know much about z6's but I've only heard good things. It really depends on what mods you plan on doing to it.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

here: http://www.fixmyrust.com/Category/DR
Old 04-16-2013, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i've had no problems with my z6, mind you im also in the midst of getting ready to swap
Old 04-17-2013, 03:49 AM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by eggsxr
Im looking for new quarters for my 93 civic ex sedan and cant seem to find anything except hatch back ones, are they the same?
Not even close, but the sedan ones are easy to get, it's the coupe ones you can't find.

If I replace the quarters how long am I looking to get outta them before they rust again?
If you weld them in right, seamseal the inside and then liberally coat the inside of them with undercoating you'll get quite a while out of them. Take a good look at the underside of the car first though, if you're starting to get structural rust issues where rear suspension parts bolt on that will come back to haunt you.

How reliable is the z6 motor?
As a rule they're pretty reliable as long as they've been looked after.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by spumoni98
Isnt that the inside piece of the quater panel? Not the actual quater panel

Well the z6 question is for me and the quater panel is for my buddy (we have the same cars), but except for the quaters and one fender his car isnt all that rusty atleast not for a ny car lol. He wants to fix them undercoat everything not visible to everyone and then plasti dip the car until he gets money for real paint

As for the z6 that thing has prolly been to hell and back, the previous owner didnt knkw what he was doing, one of the valve cover bolt holes is blown out in the cam cap (no heala coil fix) it was leaking out of the valve cover, they put it on wrong brand new gasket leaking everywhere, I just cleaned it up and stuck it right back on no leaks, same with the oil pan gasket (yet to fix) theres a bolt in the bell housing hanging out about 1/2-3/4" probably to long, thing leaks oil out of the vtec solenoid housing, had to replace the engine and tranny grounds, they lowered it and (now has broken coil and blown shocks), stuck a 2 1/4" catback on it with a 5" tip muffler (now stock), the core supports bent to **** in the front hood still closes though, gas tank was rotted out (replaced) wkring issues like crazy im about to fix, right rear calipers shot, pedal drops when held (guessing air pocket from the right rear line got to the mc), the cars owner was a mistake u dont take care of cars like that, but she runs and drives and hopefully after today stops ok
Old 04-17-2013, 05:22 AM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

No, that's the actual quarter. Your buddy will probably need to fabricate parts of the wheelhouse/inner fenders behind the quarters because they're probably rotten as well and not available. I wouldn't plastidip the car, it's going to cost you a lot more later when you have to have it removed.

As for the z6 that thing has prolly been to hell and back, the previous owner didnt knkw what he was doing, one of the valve cover bolt holes is blown out in the cam cap (no heala coil fix) it was leaking out of the valve cover, they put it on wrong brand new gasket leaking everywhere, I just cleaned it up and stuck it right back on no leaks, same with the oil pan gasket (yet to fix) theres a bolt in the bell housing hanging out about 1/2-3/4" probably to long, thing leaks oil out of the vtec solenoid housing, had to replace the engine and tranny grounds, they lowered it and (now has broken coil and blown shocks), stuck a 2 1/4" catback on it with a 5" tip muffler (now stock), the core supports bent to **** in the front hood still closes though, gas tank was rotted out (replaced) wkring issues like crazy im about to fix, right rear calipers shot, pedal drops when held (guessing air pocket from the right rear line got to the mc), the cars owner was a mistake u dont take care of cars like that, but she runs and drives and hopefully after today stops ok
This would have been relevant information in the first post. You're probably better off replacing an engine like then fixing it.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New quarters for my 93 civic ex sedan

Ok thanks, ill lettem know
Old 04-17-2013, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

uh no... read the description on the website and just look at the picture you can tell its the "actual" quarter panel
Old 04-18-2013, 03:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by spumoni98
uh no... read the description on the website and just look at the picture you can tell its the "actual" quarter panel
Well my buddy had looked st that site before and thought it was just the inside piece so thats why I asked
Old 04-18-2013, 05:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Another question my inerior is disgusting andi ripped the carpet out, before putting a new one in should i rattle can undercoat it then lay a new carpet over it? There was a hole and made the sound dampening material get wet and seperate the oils in it and thats what ruined my interior fixed the hole and peeled the ruined stuff out