Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

New paint cost, calling on paint experts!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New paint cost, calling on paint experts!

I am going to buy this civic tonight. The only problem is the rear qp. i would call to get quotes but its sunday and every where is closed. the rear qp and bumper need to be repainted. and i'm going to take it to a reputable pro. Not trying to cheap out. i looked at it already today and it matches pretty well but there is no shine. its rattle canned. I guess a shopping cart hit it, thats why it's painted over.. here's a pic:

what should i expect to pay?

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-13-2013, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New paint cost, calling on paint experts!

Take it to a paint shop and get the color code. Mask all around that area(Give yourself 3-4 inches PAST the area that needs to be painted) and prep it and just paint that area yourself. Then sand down the Clear coat to match that clear that's on the car. If you plan on painting the car a different color later on in the road, then don't worry about it.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by PerfectionIsKey
Take it to a paint shop and get the color code. Mask all around that area(Give yourself 3-4 inches PAST the area that needs to be painted) and prep it and just paint that area yourself. Then sand down the Clear coat to match that clear that's on the car. If you plan on painting the car a different color later on in the road, then don't worry about it.
well it's going to remain the same color. I'm no expert but i'd rather leave it to the shop. I'm getting a screamin deal and will have some extra money
Old 01-13-2013, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dustydubs
well it's going to remain the same color. I'm no expert but i'd rather leave it to the shop. I'm getting a screamin deal and will have some extra money
Trust me, color matching just one small section of the car is really easy. If you want to have a shop do it, you're going to pay much more depending on the stage of paint you want. Stage 3 color match, with that little section i would say around 400-500$ depending on the shop and who you know.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

The question of this thread is not technical and instead asks a question related to cost/value. Please repost your question in the Value sticky, which is the appropriate place for your inquiry.