Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

New Member loves the EK

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member loves the EK

Hey people this forum looks amazing. I am a hardcore JDM civic fan. I just think we need to have an all jdm time attack or touring car series. say 5 times a year at select tracks. All the different groups come together and run a small series for people who want to keep the flame burning for the next generation of future jdm tuners. Have an NA civic class with no serious exterior modifications. There are so many civic owners around Canada and the US. I'm sick of going to car shows to look at cars sit and not do anything. If you could get a bunch of civic lovers to the track and have coverage of the event it would certainly grow. If we could get even companies such as spoon/mugen King motorsports to get into the action it would get magazine coverage and tv coverage for sure. I am at college and I see about 40 or 50 civics done up in the lots everyday. College students love road trips and this could be an event worth going too.

Please give your comments

is this a good idea

civics are in the drag scene but I'm not sure the japanese designed them for straight line use. We gotta get them on the road courses like Laguna Seca or mid ohio.

thanks

later

Chris

Old 12-06-2004, 09:30 PM

Default Re: New Member loves the EK (mrcarbon)

its a nice thought but an event this large would be difficult to set up IMO. you should also try posting this in the meets forum bc this forum is more of a tech forum Welcome to H-T and make sure you familiarize your self with the forum rules
Old 12-06-2004, 10:23 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mrcarbon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey people this forum looks amazing. I am a hardcore JDM civic fan. I just think we need to have an all jdm time attack or touring car series. say 5 times a year at select tracks. All the different groups come together and run a small series for people who want to keep the flame burning for the next generation of future jdm tuners. Have an NA civic class with no serious exterior modifications. There are so many civic owners around Canada and the US. I'm sick of going to car shows to look at cars sit and not do anything. If you could get a bunch of civic lovers to the track and have coverage of the event it would certainly grow. If we could get even companies such as spoon/mugen King motorsports to get into the action it would get magazine coverage and tv coverage for sure. I am at college and I see about 40 or 50 civics done up in the lots everyday. College students love road trips and this could be an event worth going too.

is this a good idea

civics are in the drag scene but I'm not sure the japanese designed them for straight line use. We gotta get them on the road courses like Laguna Seca or mid ohio.

thanks

later

Chris</TD></TR></TABLE>

JDM is the new rice, sweetheart. Sorry to burst your bubble, but your idea won't work without a utopia to fuel it.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think someone already invented your meet. They are called HPDE's. Or for the more serious look into Honda Cup or Honda Challenge... I know there are quite a few hondas in USTCC as well....
Old 12-07-2004, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (fishnfst)

you are a carbon fiber/composite expert in college?
Old 12-07-2004, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jon V)

super
Old 12-07-2004, 05:53 PM

Sometimes I wonder if in fact the size of our idea's can be harmful to others...
Old 12-07-2004, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mrcarbon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey people this forum looks amazing. I am a hardcore JDM civic fan. I just think we need to have an all jdm time attack or touring car series. say 5 times a year at select tracks. All the different groups come together and run a small series for people who want to keep the flame burning for the next generation of future jdm tuners. Have an NA civic class with no serious exterior modifications. There are so many civic owners around Canada and the US. I'm sick of going to car shows to look at cars sit and not do anything. If you could get a bunch of civic lovers to the track and have coverage of the event it would certainly grow. If we could get even companies such as spoon/mugen King motorsports to get into the action it would get magazine coverage and tv coverage for sure. I am at college and I see about 40 or 50 civics done up in the lots everyday. College students love road trips and this could be an event worth going too.

is this a good idea

thanks

later

Chris</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahahahahaha
Old 12-07-2004, 06:11 PM

Welcome
Old 12-07-2004, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Nova_Dust)

if it happened, i would sell my civic for sure.. this post gave me the chills..