Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

New to HT

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to HT

as if you couldnt tell i very new to this forum. not new to hondas. had a ebp 00 like 6 years ago. then got rid of it. stupid move. well im about to be in the market for another one. i want one thats boosted already or a fully built motor. whats the going rate for whats stated above? selling my camaro(yea yea i know the enemy right) but im coming back to my love. imports.

Old 02-23-2007, 07:53 PM

Default Re: New to HT (SoCalEM1)

hey guess were both newbs here i own a ebpem1 as well except i lve in nor-cal and didnt sell mine.......yet

boosted em1 arent really that much higher if not less....
because of the depreciated value when someone tinkers with the engine....BUT!, if a professional shop or mechanic did boos 1 as a project look to shell out no less than 12k-20k
Old 02-23-2007, 08:09 PM

Better off to build something yourself. You could get screwed if someone sells you something that looks nice now, but has minor problem that will grow to serious issues in the future. Besides, a car fully built by yourself is like a personal expression. It's everything you wanted, not something else someone else threw together.

Camero's are not "enemys", they're just a different preference of car. In the end, we all still enjoy the same hobby for the same reason... they just happen to like gay cars . Jk
Old 02-23-2007, 08:31 PM

Default Re: New to HT (93eg2james)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93eg2james &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Better off to build something yourself. You could get screwed if someone sells you something that looks nice now, but has minor problem that will grow to serious issues in the future. Besides, a car fully built by yourself is like a personal expression. It's everything you wanted, not something else someone else threw together.

Camero's are not "enemys", they're just a different preference of car. In the end, we all still enjoy the same hobby for the same reason... they just happen to like gay cars . Jk</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol
Old 02-23-2007, 08:43 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by em1boi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey guess were both newbs here i own a ebpem1 as well except i lve in nor-cal and didnt sell mine.......yet

because of the depreciated value when someone tinkers with the engine....BUT!, if a professional shop or mechanic did boos 1 as a project look to shell out no less than 12k-20k</TD></TR></TABLE>

ahhhh, you guys are twinkies, how sweet. same join date and everything. lol. Just playin. kind of.

Gonna kill two birds with this stone.

Hello New User, Welcome to Honda-Tech

There is a wealth of information here on this forum just waiting for you to discover.

Whether you joined to get some help with a problem on your Honda, wanted to see other peoples cars and get ideas for your own, wanted to buy some parts, or maybe you just own a Honda and wanted to join the club, a good place to start is with a good &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;SEARCH&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt; . You will notice the red SEARCH button on the top right hand side of the screen. You can search to see if someone has had a similiar problem, or has a similiar post to what you wanted to make.

The first screen you come to has a long list of different sections you can choose from, each having there own reason.

The first list you will see are Model Specific TECH forums. These are forums for general TECH related questions and post about SPECIFIC MODELS. A suspension question is not MODEL specific, as all cars have it, so that might be better suited in the Suspension forum. You get the idea. Before you post a question, SEARCH to see if it has been covered before, because it probably has.

The next list you will see are more Technical Forums, except this time instead of car/model specific, it is topic specific, IE All motor, FI (forced induction), Suspension, Drag racing, AutoX, etc. Your questions about these matters go in the designated forum.

The next place you will see the Marketplace. Come on, do you need an explaination about this? Buy or sell your parts here.

The next section is labeled Honda-Tech Forums. You will find the Appearance and Cosmetic section. This section is good for when you want to show off your car and get feedback on what you have done. Or if you have questions about something to do with appearance in general, this is your forum. The other sections here are the Events and Meets section, where you can find out what is going on in your area, or announce something of your own. And then there is Kills. Tell stories of who you raced and what happened here. Enter at your own risk.

And then there is GDD- General discussion and debate. This is basically the Off-topic forums of Honda-Tech. You can explore these for yourself.

There you go, I hope that you read this and understand the layout of this website.

Again, Welcome to HT.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:02 AM

Default Re: New to HT (sol2hatch)

thnx for the welcome guys. and about the gay car thing. it wasnt gay. just was time to shave the mullet. j/k. lol. tore up just about anything out here. i need to go back to my roots.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New to HT (em1boi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by em1boi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey guess were both newbs here i own a ebpem1 as well except i lve in nor-cal and didnt sell mine.......yet

because of the depreciated value when someone tinkers with the engine....BUT!, if a professional shop or mechanic did boos 1 as a project look to shell out no less than 12k-20k</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you kidding 20k? That is like 3k ABOVE sticker brand new.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:15 AM

Default Re: New to HT (cambopheonix56)

cause im looking to get another Si fully built or already boosted and im not allowed in the classified tread yet. anywho i was just getting a feel for this forum. and the price range. thnx again

Old 02-27-2007, 06:58 PM

Default Re: New to HT (cambopheonix56)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cambopheonix56 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Are you kidding 20k? That is like 3k ABOVE sticker brand new.</TD></TR></TABLE>

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/car/282309389.html not even buillt!
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/car/281561695.html turbo'd

just build 1 http://losangeles.craigslist.o....html
Old 02-27-2007, 11:51 PM

Default Re: New to HT (em1boi)

build it yourself.. don't purchase some one else's headaches
Old 02-28-2007, 12:14 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: New to HT (DerekPTE)

about 9k for a good clean start off point, either that or just get a ex coupe with a bad motor and build one, haha before you sell the camero

burn a hole in the pavement, my freind did that at the highschool parking lot haha sat there for 5 mins doing a loonnnnnnngggggg burn out left 2 holes and thick rubber band across the 1/2 mile lot

that was a stock lt1 right before we brought it up to the school autoshop to intall a piggyback, hooker headers, cherry bombs, bigger injectors and an intake
Old 02-28-2007, 01:26 AM

boosted civics are playedout, Go for a k20 :] FTW
Old 03-01-2007, 08:47 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (dc_TCAN)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dc_TCAN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">boosted civics are playedout, Go for a k20 :] FTW </TD></TR></TABLE> sez the n00b.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SoCalEM1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">as if you couldnt tell i very new to this forum. not new to hondas. had a ebp 00 like 6 years ago. then got rid of it. stupid move. well im about to be in the market for another one. i want one thats boosted already or a fully built motor. whats the going rate for whats stated above? selling my camaro(yea yea i know the enemy right) but im coming back to my love. imports.</TD></TR></TABLE> Search craigslist around your area/state, you should be able to find some good **** on there for cheap/reasonable prices.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:40 AM

thanx guys. the reason i want to buy one already built is so that i can focus on JDM'ing it out. that can get to be mad expensive. but your right about buying someone eleses headache. a K20 would be good to but then i would be way out of the budget. i ahve a wife that doesnt work and a baby that she takes of at home. so the funds are strapped to a few here and a few there. in the military and we dont get paid a lot. thanx for the info anyway.