Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

new here, quick question with hopes of not getting flamed or banned.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new here, quick question with hopes of not getting flamed or banned.

hi, i'm new to the honda-tech forums. i was attracted to how huge the marketplace is but i found out i can't participate because i'm a trial user? can someone tell me how i can start PMing and posting in the non-trial user forums? i think i read it somewhere on the site but now i can't find it...in any case, here's a few pictures of my car.

Old 06-24-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Re: new here, quick question with hopes of not getting flamed or banned. (JDMRevenge)

just stay a member for a while and make intelligent posts, contributing to the overall usefulness of the board, and you'll advance from a trial user in no time.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so its not based on number of posts but its more subjective, right?
Old 06-24-2007, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (JDMRevenge)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMRevenge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so its not based on number of posts but its more subjective, right?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, it's based on time.

Two weeks, if I recall correctly.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it looks like in the 3 hours that i spent on these forums, i just became a non-trial user...thanks whoever did that! i'll start hitting the marketplace now!
Old 06-24-2007, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you need a drop and some wheels welcome
Old 06-24-2007, 09:01 PM

Welcome man, we are both noobs with practically the same cars. Mine's a 96. Like others have stated above me, drop it through some wheels on it. Remember, if it's worth putting money into, spend the money and do it the right way. half-a$$ing it will only cost more money in the future.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RollinEk)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RollinEk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Welcome man, we are both noobs with practically the same cars. Mine's a 96. Like others have stated above me, drop it through some wheels on it. Remember, if it's worth putting money into, spend the money and do it the right way. half-a$$ing it will only cost more money in the future.</TD></TR></TABLE>

And buy good products
Old 06-24-2007, 10:31 PM

Default Re: (ke98248)

its 5 days
Old 06-25-2007, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

oh, cool. mine's also a 96 (got those 13 inch steel wheels). I've got BMW bottle cap wheels but because my steelies have so much tread, i don't want to buy new tires.

you guys are right though, doing it right is key. i got the timing belt and other belts along with the water pump changed at a honda dealership in my area recently.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Welcome to Honda-Tech, always good to see another black civic online. Enjoy the marketplace, there are bound to be some good deals on some suspension setups and wheels, because as we all know, the lower model OEM suspension and Honda steelies suck ***.

And, just because I feel like it, some little things to help keep from being hated on:

-It's header, not headers. Our four cylinders have only one.
-Make sure you spell VTEC properly, or you'll get pictures of phones all day instead of answers.
-Make sure you punctuate your sentences and, even if it may be extremely urgent, DON'T LEAVE THE CAPS LOCK ON
-Don't ask us how to spend your money, tell us how you intend to. Otherwise, we'll just say "send it to me since you can't decide"

I hope these tips help you out, I look forward to seeing how your car progresses. Welcome to H-T!
Old 06-25-2007, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BlackoutVTi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlackoutVTi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Welcome to Honda-Tech, always good to see another black civic online. Enjoy the marketplace, there are bound to be some good deals on some suspension setups and wheels, because as we all know, the lower model OEM suspension and Honda steelies suck ***.

And, just because I feel like it, some little things to help keep from being hated on:

-Make sure you spell VTEC properly, or you'll get pictures of phones all day instead of answers.
-Make sure you punctuate your sentences and, even if it may be extremely urgent, DON'T LEAVE THE CAPS LOCK ON
-Don't ask us how to spend your money, tell us how you intend to. Otherwise, we'll just say "send it to me since you can't decide"

I hope these tips help you out, I look forward to seeing how your car progresses. Welcome to H-T! </TD></TR></TABLE>

what he said
Old 06-25-2007, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (em1_racer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlackoutVTi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Welcome to Honda-Tech, always good to see another black civic online. Enjoy the marketplace, there are bound to be some good deals on some suspension setups and wheels, because as we all know, the lower model OEM suspension and Honda steelies suck ***.

I hope these tips help you out, I look forward to seeing how your car progresses. Welcome to H-T! </TD></TR></TABLE>

one of the better nb advice I have seen given in a long time