Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

New to Forums, New to honda

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Forums, New to honda

First off i would like to say hello,
I just came from germany. Not literly lol. I just sold a 03 vw gti turbo and picked up a 92 civic hatch with a b16a1 in it. I am already having some problems.

At high speeds, like 80+ the car shakes pretty bad. It needs to be aligned and 3 of the 4 tires are diffrent kinds and brands and 1 is bald. Tire and alligment issue?

Secondly, my car is lowered about 3 inches. It feels like its riding on damn 2 by 4s. Whenever i hit a bump it just slams and it sounds horrible. It makes my cd player skip. I know its not suppose to feel like this, even tho it is 3 inches lower than stock. Its got tokico shocks and some ghetto springs. Are my shocks blown??

Also, when i start moving from 0 mph in first it feels like it bunny hops a little bit, and whenever i accelerate real hard the steering wheel kinda shakes. This could be from my alignemnt and my tires; not really sure. I am looking to get a catback also but i dont wana spend 500 bucks so i dont know what to do. I hope you guys can point me in the right direction with these issues. Thanks.

Mike
92 b16a1 hatch
Old 10-20-2005, 09:14 PM
ballin

Default Re: New to Forums, New to honda (mikeunreal)

Didnt read the whole thing, but balance your wheels for the shaking at high speeds.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well first off welcome read the guide lines keeps everyone happy

nice choice on ditching hte naziwagon

sounds like
alignment prob possibly, but could be other things as well, is it possible the bunny hop feeling isnt wheel hop? hopefully it gets figured out.

nice buy though
Old 10-20-2005, 09:19 PM

Default Re: New to Forums, New to honda (tuck'd98)

Im not sure,
ive been driving a stick since i was 17, and im 21 now so its not my driving. I like my honda, just want to get her running right and not riding like ****. I miss my vw too tho lol. The bunny hop thing isnt bad, im not that concerned about that. Im concerned about my suspension and my shaking at high speeds. I think ima pick up some kumho tires up and get 4 new tires. Will a really bad bump expletive up my aligment if i have fucked up suspension? Should i just wait to get it aligned once i get my suspension fixed? Plus, can place align my car; its really low..

mike
Old 10-20-2005, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: New to Forums, New to honda (tuck'd98)

get some new tires and balance and alignment see if that helps your problem

check ur axles and boots as well

oh and welcome to Honda -Tech read rules, follow and people will not flame you
Old 10-20-2005, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what kind of budget are you on for the suspension
Old 10-20-2005, 09:23 PM

Default Re: New to Forums, New to honda (93egsedan)

dunno what the axles and boots are; is that concerning my suspension???
Old 10-20-2005, 09:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if your not on any strict budget id look into some full coil overs or a nice set of springs and shocks
Old 10-20-2005, 09:26 PM

eh i guess i was thinking of spending about 5 MABYE 6, not really sure, prolly gona have to spend 6 to get some coilovers; dont really knwo whats better coilovers or shocks/springs
Old 10-20-2005, 11:11 PM

It really depends on what you want out of it. For regular street use, I would say a good shocks & sports springs would be good enough since they aren't that stiff. The drop also isn't too low which is good for daily driving so you won't bottom out that easily. Too low sometimes can give you problem.

If you really want to do some auto-xing or any kind of racing, I would recommend the coil over.

As with your steering wheel vibrating at 80mph, it's definitely cause by your tires. I would say get a new set of tires, balance it, get an alignment, & that should solve your problem.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (AbsoluteZero78)

<=== VW guy too.. I have a Corrado right now..but i am looking to get an eg hatch
Old 10-21-2005, 04:13 AM

also look into adjustable damper shocks, btw the 2 x 4 ride could also be from your tire size. extremely low profile tires have very little give so you feel every little pebble. plus 2 fitment is always better i feel. good luck
Old 10-21-2005, 06:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mikeunreal &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">First off i would like to say hello,
I just came from germany. Not literly lol. I just sold a 03 vw gti turbo and picked up a 92 civic hatch with a b16a1 in it. I am already having some problems.

At high speeds, like 80+ the car shakes pretty bad. It needs to be aligned and 3 of the 4 tires are diffrent kinds and brands and 1 is bald. Tire and alligment issue?
besides the obvious with the tires being everyother brand, get a wheel balance and check to make sure there is no bent components underneath
Secondly, my car is lowered about 3 inches. It feels like its riding on damn 2 by 4s. Whenever i hit a bump it just slams and it sounds horrible. It makes my cd player skip. I know its not suppose to feel like this, even tho it is 3 inches lower than stock. Its got tokico shocks and some ghetto springs. Are my shocks blown??
sounds like your lowered too much with shitty suspension, like everyone else said I would look into some coilover or a better spring/shock setup. search around on here you will find something that will meet your needs
Also, when i start moving from 0 mph in first it feels like it bunny hops a little bit, and whenever i accelerate real hard the steering wheel kinda shakes. This could be from my alignemnt and my tires; not really sure. I am looking to get a catback also but i dont wana spend 500 bucks so i dont know what to do. I hope you guys can point me in the right direction with these issues. Thanks.
what type of clutch do you have on the car? with a hard core clutch you will find it hard to pull from a stop sometimes, specially with a lightened flywheel.

Mike
92 b16a1 hatch</TD></TR></TABLE>