Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (EJ_TCAN)

SECURITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

then suspension
Old 04-30-2007, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (dthug)

Welcome to the Honda World. $1300 is a slammin' deal for a hatchback. I recommend you visit the 1st thread on this forum which is the FAQ. Spend a couple hours browsing thru those then come back and ask questions. Though you should also search in the box before you ask.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dthug)

might want to block out your plate numbers if you are going to post pix on line. 1st thing I would do is get it up in the air and check out all the bushings, tie rods both inner and outer, upper/ lower ball joints and replace all that have any play in them or torn boots. Once that is done get a good 4 point alignment. 2nd look to make sure that the cv shaft boots are not cracked or torn. once again replace any that are damaged. All in all give the car a good once over be critical of anything that looks oily damaged or worn out.then start saving some money to get shocks and springs, wheels and tires makes the car. Just have fun and enjoy your car. before you start putting a lot of $$$ into it to make it look nice make sure you get a bunch of anti theft security in it
Old 04-30-2007, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Rainy City)

yeah dude 1300 is a steal... i got my 94 dx coupe with 75k miles for 2100 an i thought that was a deal but damn you got me beat... but mine was in like perfect condition too, just some arab dude sellin it for his daughter cuz she got a new lexus for college lol...

but yeah man just read around a lot, an do tons of searching... search for just random $hit about ur car and you will learn tons...

first above all thing is check all OEM parts for malfunction or corrosion....

but after that stuff the first thing i did was suspension, tinted my windows "2.5% babyyyyy..!!! u cant see me", bought some 00' SI wheels, cleaned the **** out of the interior/exterior plus engine bay... the cleaner u keep ur car the more motivated your gonna be to take care of it, in ur situation anyways with just buying it and wanting to look good...

Theres a couple small things you can do off rip to make ur car stand out a little better but just remember, stickers dont add HP, 20" wheels dont go on civics "unless they're 20" + drag wheels", an the louder u make ur exhaust doesnt mean the faster your gonna go lol.... GL
Old 04-30-2007, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDM_SOHC)

also remember that

ghetto = rice

you dont' want rice.

i'd first start off by searching this whole site - especially the appearence and cosmetic section to get ideas of what you want your car to look like or resemble.

your car will a resembelence of you - if it's done right then we as H-Techers know you have a good head on your shoulder.

then once you've spent countless hours and have lost sleep over this website like i still do - sit down and get a game plan of things you want.

sit down and write it all out - from interior, to exterior to suspension to ICE to Brakes to everything.... remember - things will change as you progress on your car.

by looking at your car the first thing i'd do is - as stated before...

Inspection of OEM parts
Cleaning of inside/outside
OEM 15" Honda wheels - Webs, Si rims, Swirlies, GSR sunflowers
Suspension - shocks/springs (once you've learned your car and you've dumped a lot of money into it then go for full coil-overs.

you will get the idea once you've searched some cars....

good luck and come back if you need help.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:53 PM

Default Re: (EK9Rider)

thanks to everyone, yeah ive been reading through some stuff for a few days i already check all the oem stuff and its good nothing rusted or loose, first thing im doing is getting a security system then ill start by the other stuff
Old 04-30-2007, 12:58 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (jayromram)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jayromram &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks to everyone, yeah ive been reading through some stuff for a few days i already check all the oem stuff and its good nothing rusted or loose, first thing im doing is getting a security system then ill start by the other stuff</TD></TR></TABLE>

Circuit city does good alarm installs for cheap.

or support your local mom/pop store. You can find deals there too.

I'd fix the body, drop it on some 15" wheels and save for my go fast stuff.