Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

new em1 forum poll

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new em1 forum poll

So as some of you might already know i had a 96 frost white ej8. not anymore. i traded my ej8 for a sexy EBP em1. yippy! but back to the point, since type r's have their own forum and it looks like every other model is getting its own forum i think that it might be cool to have a EM1 specific forum . before anyone flames this thread, think about it. positive insight please folks. thanks for looking
Old 11-27-2007, 06:23 PM
Darth ModerVader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: new em1 forum poll (raphael)

I don't really see it generating enough unique discussion to warrant its own forum. How often do we come across an EM1-specific question or topic here in the Civic forum?
Old 11-27-2007, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes please, when i first signed up on this forum I looked all around for an em1 section...

If integras get their top trim section (type r) i believe civics should recieve theirs. At least an SI section for all si's..... because clubsi.com is dead. =/
Old 11-27-2007, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: new em1 forum poll (Padawan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Padawan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't really see it generating enough unique discussion to warrant its own forum. How often do we come across an EM1-specific question or topic here in the Civic forum?</TD></TR></TABLE> well just like the type r has different features than a regular ls or gsr the em1 has certain features over its counter-parts. and im sure alot of em1 owners would like the "privacy" of speaking to others members about a " specific" vehicle in mind. why post in the same forum about removing my cruise control from my em1 where another person is talking about how to add rear disc to their eh2?
Old 11-27-2007, 06:39 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: new em1 forum poll (riceforlife)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by riceforlife &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes please, when i first signed up on this forum I looked all around for an em1 section...

If integras get their top trim section (type r) i believe civics should recieve theirs. At least an SI section for all si's..... because clubsi.com is dead. =/</TD></TR></TABLE>
If Integra's top trim level (Type R) gets it's own section, sure, let's make a separate section for th top level the Civic comes in... The Civic Type R.

I don't see a reason for a separate Si section. How often are the questions that different?

I don't even think the ITRs need their own section though.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Clubsi.com is your friend.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: new em1 forum poll (NOFX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I don't even think the ITRs need their own section though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Agreed. The stuff they talk about in there isnt that differnt that it needs its own section.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:41 PM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by raphael &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> well just like the type r has different features than a regular ls or gsr the em1 has certain features over its counter-parts. and im sure alot of em1 owners would like the "privacy" of speaking to others members about a " specific" vehicle in mind. why post in the same forum about removing my cruise control from my em1 where another person is talking about how to add rear disc to their eh2? </TD></TR></TABLE>
Imo it would honestly make more sense for e 5th and 6th gen sections be separate than there to be a '92-'00 (non-Si) section and then a '99-'00 Si section.

In the event the Si gets it's own section, it shouldn't be for just the Si either. It should be for any Civic that is comparable. That would include the Si, SiR, VTI and Type R, plus all sub trims under those.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Neebs)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Neebs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Clubsi.com is your friend.</TD></TR></TABLE>

LMFAO.
Honda-Tech Member

i think it would be good
H-T White Ops

Default Re: new em1 forum poll (MR Rodgers)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MR Rodgers &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Agreed. The stuff they talk about in there isnt that differnt that it needs its own section.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I think the separate ITR section promotes an elitist attitude. I think he same would happen with an Si section.

You'd have the regular Canadian Si guys coming in and getting flamed, plus anyone who makes a replica Si getting flamed, plus people with VTis and such would still be posting in the normal section half the time.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:45 PM

Default Re:

would be cool but not neccesary,any way every other post is going to be another stolem em1
Old 11-27-2007, 06:45 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Why dont we make a "Civic Si / Type R" Section?

IMO itd be pretty cool
Old 11-27-2007, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: new em1 forum poll (Jap_Spec_Imports)

because what about the gsr then?
Old 11-27-2007, 06:49 PM
Darth ModerVader

Default Re: new em1 forum poll (riceforlife)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by riceforlife &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">At least an SI section for all si's.....</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's probably a more viable idea.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by raphael &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> well just like the type r has different features than a regular ls or gsr the em1 has certain features over its counter-parts. and im sure alot of em1 owners would like the "privacy" of speaking to others members about a " specific" vehicle in mind. why post in the same forum about removing my cruise control from my em1 where another person is talking about how to add rear disc to their eh2? </TD></TR></TABLE>

The ITR is (or at least was) essentially a homologated race car, and its owners tend towards very performance-minded discussion that often differs from that of other Integra owners. Indeed, it is not so much the uniqueness of the car as the general difference in discussed topics and mindset that has separated the ITR forum over the years. You'll often find even non-ITR owners coming to the forum with technical questions because the group is generally considered knowledgeable and well-informed.

This is not to say that the EM1 crowd as a whole is any less knowledgeable, but it's probably safe to assume that the vehicle does not engender the type of focused discussion that something like the ITR might. In response to your example about the cruise control, the simple answer is that removing it is essentially no different than it would be on any other '96-'00 Civic. This also applies to most other aspects of the EM1.

I don't oppose the idea itself (though as I stated, a general "Si" forum might be more realistic), I'm just suggesting that it might not get enough traffic to result in adequate responses to threads. You'd essentially be cutting down on the knowledge base and the number of eyes on each thread.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: new em1 forum poll (Padawan)

We have the EM1 crew thread. That is enough I think, we all get along great and help each other out. We don't really ever come into this civic forum to ask tech questions. To tell you the truth we ask in the thread because most if not all can be answered quickly by other EM1 owners.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:54 PM
Darth ModerVader

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Imo it would honestly make more sense for e 5th and 6th gen sections be separate</TD></TR></TABLE>

This was once the case not too long ago, but I believe they were combined when it was deemed that they were not receiving sufficient traffic individually.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think the separate ITR section promotes an elitist attitude.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Many of the ITR folks don't need the help of a separate forum in that respect, trust me.

Old 11-27-2007, 06:55 PM
H-T White Ops

If we get an Si section, I vote for a del Sol VTEC section also.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Imo it would honestly make more sense for e 5th and 6th gen sections be separate....</TD></TR></TABLE> Agreed
Old 11-27-2007, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol you've got to be kidding. An Si forum? Really???

I mean damn, people must have soooo many questions about the holy grail that is the civic si. Let's face it, the Si has soooo much different about it that warrants a completely different forum than everyone else. The Si is almighty with it's amazing B16 and different cluster, lip, and grill. I mean, holy ****, it even has different wheels!~!!!! OMG!!!

Highlights from said Si forum could be -

How do I make vtech crack harder in my b16??
Anyone ever swapped in a ctr cluster to an em1?
Is my ***** really this small or do I need glasses?
What wheels should I put on my EM1 SI?
Suggestions for a rear lip on my ebp si?
I have no opinions of my own, please tell me what to do with my Si.

Get the picture? Other cars come with b16's, and the only differences about Si's are insignificant.

/rant.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (8520)

I think its fine the way it is right now no need to change and have a SI forum.... and i do own EM1
Old 11-27-2007, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (8520)

^ Stop your complaining already.

I think we all agree that there is no need for a seperate forum. That is why we have the EM1 crew thread. If you have any questions or wanna talk to fellow EM1 owners feel free to speak your mind in the Crew thread.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:20 PM
H-T White Ops

To clarify (I know there is a lot of misinformation out there - hopefully I got it all here)...

What is unique (even just in the US) to the Si?

One extra color combination (Electron Blue Pearl), but fifteen fewer than Civics as a whole. The comparable EX coupe has six other colors. Interior only available in dark gray.

Weights approximately 100 pounds more than comparable trims.

Tighter geared transmission to go with it's del Sol engine (del Sol had it first).

33 more horsepower than closest related trim. 4 more foot pounds of torque than closest related trim.

Standard equipment that the Si has over closest comparable trim:
- Different front grille with removable emblem
- Front lip is standard instead of optional
- Body matched sideskirts are standard instead of optional
- Muffler garnish is standard instead of optional
- DOHC VTEC quarter panel stickers
- 15" 7-spoke alloy wheels
- Amber dash lighting
- Holes in front headrests
- Leather shift ****
- Leather shift boot
- Tweeter kit is standard instead of optional (though I've never seen an EX coupe without the tweeters)
- CD player is standard
- Rear disk brakes
- 13mm rear sway bar
- 26mm front sway bar
- Front upper strut bar
- Slightly different springs

Much of the accessories which people refer to as "Si ___" are actually available for all '99-'00 coupes.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No need for sep EM1 section!
Old 11-27-2007, 07:27 PM

Default Re: (NOFX)

nowadays

96-00 civic w b16 = 99-00 civic si without an oem lip kit

why don't we make a hatchback forum while were at it

Quick Reply: new em1 forum poll