Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

New 99 EX owner, have some questions??

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2002, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 99 EX owner, have some questions??

OK, so a few months ago I got a very nice red 99 EX. I have a few questions on my ideas for the car. I am an avid Autocrosser and I am starting on suspention. I am getting Ground control with bilstiens, but I was wondering what exsperiances you guys have with different spring rates? For sway bars what ones are good?? I grew up in a bimmer family so I am not sure who has good kits. Also I have seen some really nice front lips, so I was wondering if you had any pics with a red civic and with nice lips? Also if you had any pics with rota slipstreams flat black that would be cool too.

Thanks to anyone who can give me some info! I appreciate it a bunch! I tryed the search but nothing comes up, and when stuff does it there are no pics that work!!

thanks again,
Nate (the newbie)
Old 03-26-2002, 02:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New 99 EX owner, have some questions?? (Nate)

GC with bilsteins... maybe you rather spend the extra few hundred and go with a full coilover setup like TEIN or something... as far as sway bars go, Suspension Techniques, Mugen, Comptech, etc all offer some good ones... or you may want to do the stock ITR sway bar upgrade, as many people on this site has done... any lip will look good on our civics, but i think a rear one is very preferable... i have silver rota slipstreams on my car 15" they look very clean without a drop rightnow, im guessing black will look just as clean... HTH
Old 03-26-2002, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New 99 EX owner, have some questions?? (tFUnK)

Thanks for the info....
Old 03-26-2002, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: New 99 EX owner, have some questions?? (Nate)

If you're looking for a swaybar, I have a NEW Suspension Techniques 19mm rear sway bar sitting in my living room. If you're interested, let me know. It includes *everything* even the original box! I see you're in the Midwest so if you're interested, there may be no shipping involved.

As for front lips, I'd go with the OEM front lip and colored-matched sideskirts ala Si.