Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

need some opinions on a trade

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 07:59 AM
owa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some opinions on a trade

So here is the situation, i have a 00 civic si, it has bolt ons and suspension. Its leaking some oil from the head, so i might just rebuild the motor, and also needs some body work due to dents. A friend of mine has a 01 integra ls, just painted, fresh rebuilt ls motor, and some suspension. So what do you all think, should i rebuild my motor and paint the si, or just even trade the cars and use that money for a turbo set up for the integra. Thanks for the input everyone.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need some opinions on a trade

Originally Posted by owa
So here is the situation, i have a 00 civic si, it has bolt ons and suspension. Its leaking some oil from the head, so i might just rebuild the motor, and also needs some body work due to dents. A friend of mine has a 01 integra ls, just painted, fresh rebuilt ls motor, and some suspension. So what do you all think, should i rebuild my motor and paint the si, or just even trade the cars and use that money for a turbo set up for the integra. Thanks for the input everyone.
Personally i would go integra. It comes down to which of these cars you like more, if you're going turbo it will be cheaper with the integra since it's already rebuilt, but don't discount what you have with the EM1. You can rebuild the EM1 with lower compression pistons and what not and have an awesome turbo car that makes a ton of power. With the integra if it's a stock rebuild then you're pretty much stuck unless you want to re-do it all.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by owa

The oil leak is most likely minor and I wouldn't let that be the deciding factor in making the trade or doing a full engine rebuild, I'm however not implying that's whats on your mind. Just pointing that out. On B-Series engines is common to have leaks in the following areas:

-Valve Cover Gasket
-Distributor O-Ring
-VTEC Solenoid spool gasket(For engines equipped with VTEC of course)
-Cam Seals behind the Cam Gears
-Headplug on the exhaust cam on passenger side

The freshly rebuilt LS engine would be nice as long as it was done right. Both the EM1 and Integra LS are nice cars so I don't think you will really go wrong either way as long as the Integra is up to snub and in good shape.

Forcefedferio gave good advice on the engines in either scenario as well.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Matt93eg
The oil leak is most likely minor and I wouldn't let that be the deciding factor in making the trade or doing a full engine rebuild, I'm however not implying that's whats on your mind. Just pointing that out. On B-Series engines is common to have leaks in the following areas:

-Valve Cover Gasket
-Distributor O-Ring
-VTEC Solenoid spool gasket(For engines equipped with VTEC of course)
-Cam Seals behind the Cam Gears
-Headplug on the exhaust cam on passenger side

The freshly rebuilt LS engine would be nice as long as it was done right. Both the EM1 and Integra LS are nice cars so I don't think you will really go wrong either way as long as the Integra is up to snub and in good shape.

Forcefedferio gave good advice on the engines in either scenario as well.

This is very true, I have a B16A2 in my EG and it had alot of oil leaks. I changed the dist. oil ring and the vtec solenoid gasket and problem gone
Old 02-10-2010, 10:58 AM
owa

thanks