Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need some help with Power Window Install/Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2003, 08:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help with Power Window Install/Wiring

I am installing JDM SiR power windows on my 92 Si. The physical install is pretty easy but right now I am dicking around with the wiring. My righ window (Japanese drivers window) works perfectly. My left window doesn't do a damn thing. I took all the switches off and ran power directly to the left motor and it worked. So I know everything works its just a matter of getting power to it.

From what I can see power goes into the master switch set-up (drivers switch). All of the wiring to the right window is pre done and easy, I don't have to mess with any of it. The left window must somehow be wired into the master switch. Off the left side switch only 3 wires are not being used, so I spliced those 3 into the same color wires only on the master switch. It still does not work. Has anyone ever installed power windows on a 5th gen? Anyone know where I could find a schematic? I have already been to Mark Paco's obsession and it didn't explain anything about his window install. Thanks.

-Jake
Old 02-02-2003, 12:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need some help with Power Window Install/Wiring (Chiller514)

I have been there and figured it out. It was very frustrating, but when I looked at the digrams for a few hours I kicked myself, the power that goes to the window that is working now, also goes to one of the 3 wires that runs to the other side. Mine was not the JDM kit so my driver side worked and passenger did not. On mine there was a blue/black for the driverside and a green/black for the passenger side, these both need ignition switched power. Mine is a 99 so your colors might be different. HTH.
Old 02-02-2003, 06:03 AM

Default Re: Need some help with Power Window Install/Wiring (IDriveHonda)

Ya, I finally figured it out. For some reason Honda put a power + terminal in the switch harness for the right window (drivers) but no power source or anything to the left window. After about 4 hours of dicking around with it I finally got the idea to put + to where the blue/black wires are, worked like a champ. Thanks you though, you are totally correct.

You wouldn't happen to have any idea about how to switch the auto up feature to my left window would you?

-Jake
Old 02-02-2003, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need some help with Power Window Install/Wiring (Chiller514)

No, I don't have any idea on that, I think it is in the switch itself.