Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need some adivice on security ideas for my EG6...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 05:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need some adivice on security ideas for my EG6...

Here's the deal guys, I will be taking my car down to So. Cali. for the Long Beach Grand Prix in Apr. It will be parked at my dad's place most of the time, but I have never had to worry about security here, garaged, alarm, dog, etc. But I won't have those luxuries in So. Cali., aside from the alarm, what are some ideas to make my car safer, I know if they want it, they are going to get it.
Feel free to pm me ideas for security, kill switches, etc. I know this type of thread is kinda frowned upon, as it also gives ideas and solutions to thieves, but I would really like to have somewhat peace of mind about my trip down.
Thanks for responses guys,
Tim
Old 02-18-2010, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Need some adivice on security ideas for my EG6...

Sorry but Im not a fan of "If they want it, there going to get it" I have installed a 507d / 508d module motion sensor from DEI years ago on my daily 03 civic and yes there have been several attemps but it starts and ends the same way everytime. The thieves sneak up to the car in the dead of night and before they can put there hands on it it does three chirp warn away, if they stay in the range of the radar then it goes off. I have never had my car stolen or broken into. Also I have a paging keypad so even if im not near it to hear the siren i get notified on my keypad. Its an older 795t paging addon system but it works no problems but the range is not that great. The newer alarms have much better range.