Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

need to sell my civic, what's it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 need to sell my civic, what's it worth?

hey guys, i'm trying to sell my car. i've got it listed all over the place and have had nothing but tire kickers and lowballers. i was just curious what YOU would ask for the car if it were yours. here's a list of the mods:

1999 Honda Civic Si with Sunroof
Panasonic HD radio CD player with mechanized face
1.6 VTEC
5-speed GSR tranny
Rebuilt motor with forged internals - ~30K miles on it since rebuild, odometer reads 130K
OBD1 conversion (socketed ECU tuned with hondata s200 in glove box)
urethane motor and tranny mounts
GSR cams
MSD distributor and wires
Skunk2 Intake
Precision injectors
Walbro fuel pump
2.5" turbo back exhaust
Fuel pressure regulator w/ gauge
Turbonetics T3/T4 turbo running 7psi (conservative for DD purposes)
Turbonetics Evolution wastegate w/ ss dumptube
Treadstone FMIC
Treadstone piping
Fidanza flywheel
Spoon clutch
aluminum radiator
Omni drag coilovers
Omni rear low control arms
skunk 2 upper control arms
Two-tone paint
17" R1 racing wheels with good Nexen tires
custom taillights
tinted windows
drilled and slotted rotors

Oil pan gasket, timing belt, thermostat, and cam seals are all new.

I've been basically asking book value on the car. it has only slight exterior cosmetic blemishes, everything else is very clean and it runs great. the worst part about it is the front spoiler is cracked, but it's one of those ~$60 ebay parts. i just need to sell it to pay off debt and finish a camaro project.

what do you guys think it's worth?

oh, and here's a couple pics:

Old 03-13-2009, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need to sell my civic, what's it worth?

too much mods to the car.. if it was a stock civic si with minor mods then you probably would have gotten the price you asked for.. one of the many reasons why people choose honda cars is because they want to build it themselves.. its personal preference. I dont wanna put a price down because I dont want to look like a fool but how much were you asking for?
Old 03-13-2009, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by raidacaipo
too much mods to the car.. if it was a stock civic si with minor mods then you probably would have gotten the price you asked for.. one of the many reasons why people choose honda cars is because they want to build it themselves.. its personal preference. I dont wanna put a price down because I dont want to look like a fool but how much were you asking for?
basically book value, around $7K. you could part it out for that and make it whatever you want, at least i would think.

i bought the car for a fun daily driver, but it's too much for what i need. i need the cash WAY more than i need the car.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thats the thing when you put money into a car, most likely you would never get it back... my suggestion will be to make it as much as stock as possible and sell the extra parts.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by EK9r!der
thats the thing when you put money into a car, most likely you would never get it back... my suggestion will be to make it as much as stock as possible and sell the extra parts.
yeah i'm well aware of that, but i bought this car as it sits. actually, traded for it, but still...i just need it sold.

you guys aren't going to hurt my feelings, tell me what you think it's worth. i know what book value is, i know what the mods are worth, i know what the car is capable of bringing in if the right person sees it, but i DONT know what YOU, the thread reader, would ask if it were yours.

i'm not much in to imports really, that why i posted on here. you guys are the "experts." just looking for some advice is all
Old 03-13-2009, 02:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll offer you $100 and not a penny more. Actually as much as I hate rice, that looks pretty nice, i like the paint job for some reason, i'd never drive a two tone paint job, but I do like that one.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well if you sell it to somebody that knows their **** id say $7500. its in great shape and has everything new or kinda new. but me personally i wouldn't pay but $4500 for it just because when i see a car modded like this one i think about how much its been beaten on and raced out the ***. and then i think about the reliability.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by austinkli
I'll offer you $100 and not a penny more. Actually as much as I hate rice, that looks pretty nice, i like the paint job for some reason, i'd never drive a two tone paint job, but I do like that one.
that's pretty much my sentiment exactly, and if i didn't have bills to pay, i'd take that offer, lol.

...i just REALLY wanna finish my camaro.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by TravisCadello
Well if you sell it to somebody that knows their **** id say $7500. its in great shape and has everything new or kinda new. but me personally i wouldn't pay but $4500 for it just because when i see a car modded like this one i think about how much its been beaten on and raced out the ***. and then i think about the reliability.
and that's exactly how i feel too.

BUT....i picked this car up north of Kansas City, MO and drove it home to Joplin, about a 3 1/2 hour trip, without a single issue. i've drove it around town a bit, but after i decided i wanted the money, i parked it in the driveway and it hasn't moved since. it sat for 3 weeks straight without being moved, and when i went out to show it to a "buyer," it fired right up like it had just been running.

don't get me wrong, it HAD some issues, but i've fixed everything i think. i replaced a window regulator, thermostat, re-did some sketchy wiring, replaced a bunch of fuses, and had a mechanic buddy look it over. it doesn't smoke or leak anything that i can tell and runs STRONG.

i've got a couple short videos i took of it for another "buyer," i'll post them up in just a second.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:35 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqOcy2yYSzM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPOGBWzH-To
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U94oXl-2Kpo

nothing spectacular, but you can see it runs fine and shifts easy...and doesn't look all that bad either.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:36 PM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the tech forums arent the place to see what my car is worth.

remember this, it is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.