Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

need pricing help and suggestions on selling em1 and getting another honda

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 07:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need pricing help and suggestions on selling em1 and getting another honda

I am looking to sell my em1 and before i post it in the classifieds I have a few question and perhaps need some suggestions. I am going to start with the details of the car in list form and then move onto the questions. Proper grammer and formatting is important to the Honda-Tech community. I have learned this the hard way. People will not address or help you without it. So if you are a noob and are reading this please take this advice.

List of mods
1. quiafe lsd (lifetime warranty)
2. act pro lite flywheel (resurfaced in the last 1000 miles)
3. competition clutch stage 2 (less than 1000 miles old)
4. agx adjustable stuts
5. eibach pro kit (not installed)
6. hp brake pads
7. brembo blanks
8. goodridge ss brake lines
9. b&m short shifter (not installed)
10. shifter energy shifter bushings (not installed)
11. 4-1 weapon-r hytech copy cat header (owned for 3 years no cracks or leaks good welds) (look at dyno results before you flame)
12. weapon-r short ram intake
13. custom exhaust with vibrant black muffler (2.5 inches)(1 year old)
14. erubuni z3 carbon fenders (got them for a deal and they are lighter then stock fenders by a few pounds)
15. seibon evo carbon fiber hood
16. carbon creations carbon fiber hood (not installed because the tension rods make it fly up additionally there are a few flaws with this which are easily fixed; it can be used, flaws are one stripped bolt point and quarter inch chip on corner resin fixable)
17. new milano red paint (no dents or scratches. shaved antenna. shaved trunk emblem, shaved trunk keyhole.
18. aftermarket 16 wheels not volks or anything. custom H emblem and light weight. (minor clear coat chippage)(one wheel has curb rash but i have 5 wheels so four dont)
19. kuhmo spts
20. have stock rims was in process of polishing paint is almost off of all of them minor curb rash on the wheels.
21. added e-dead sound deading to the trunk because i had a 13w7 hooked up (not heavy and painted on)
22. blox intake manifold
23. stock intake manifold (not installed)
24. newly rebuilt tranny (less than 1000 miles)(input shaft bearing went)
25. Newly rebuilt engine (had block rebuilt all honda stock internals. rebuilt head minor valve job/ debured ports and polished no major porting at all)(less than 1500 miles) (less than 81k on body and this is the og amount on the motor but the entire thing has been rebuilt at 79ishk)
26. zex dry kit (never installed)
27. Stock hood 1.5 inch scratch/dent from metal piece falling from truck at 60mph(not installed needs paint)
28. carbon fiber grill (so rare it bleeds)
29. adjustable strut bar

flaws: minor interior issues. sunroof headliner has minor 1x1 tear but doesnt flap. minor interior fading. has nice red and black seat cover specifically made for the em1. some interior panels have minor scratching because i put my cannondale in there so it wont get stolen. nothing too bad. no rips in seats. no major wear on stearing wheel. aftermarket eclipse deck with aux out (cd player is broke but eq and sound quality is amazing. have stock radio).

I also had this car vafc 2 tuned before I rebuilt the engine and swapped the clutch. It always ran rich and the o2 would throw a dirty o2 code once in a while. I plan on keeping the vafc because I may go to a s2k and do minor bolt ons to it. It dynoed at about 150whp and 115 torque. This was just with header/ram intake/and greddy exhaust which is no longer on the car). It was dynoed at abacus racing and I still have that slip.

Questions

1. What would you price this car at?
2. Would it be beneficial to sell the uninstalled items seperatly or install them on the car?
3. Where is the best place to list the car?
4. Should I include the extra parts with the car or sell them seperatly?
5. Any additional nonassholish comments or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks H-T. I need to upgrade.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:17 AM

Default Re: need pricing help and suggestions on selling em1 and getting another honda (madlion)

Don't really mean to put you down, but I don't think you will get most of your money back on the after-market parts you have installed. . Value of the car goes down when you start add after-market stuff to it. Best bet would to blue book it, and that will give you a rough estimate where you can go up from there. Also, say you wanted to sell your car for $8500, don't post it at $8500 of course. Post it as $9200 so when the person comes to bargain you will be completely fine with selling it at the bargained price and your buyer thinks he is good because he lowered the price. . I would definately sell the expensive stuff you do not have installed currently. The Eibach Pro Kit, B&M SS, Carbon Fiber Hood, Stock IM, and definatley the wheels! All the money made from those can be used to buy your S2K some nice bolt-ons. If I were you I would list the car on Craigslist and in your local newspaper ads. Ebay might be ok, but it costs nearly $40+ to post your car on there so it is up to you!

Good luck selling your car
Old 12-02-2007, 08:47 AM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: need pricing help and suggestions on selling em1 and getting another honda (madlion)

Okay, judging by your previous threads, your car is a 2000, right?

So I'll clear up the car info so it's easier to read. Hopefully this will make it easier for peopel to judge the approximate value. I would really suggest some photos though.

<FONT SIZE="3">2000 Honda Civic Si coupe</FONT>

80,XXX miles
Milano Red (New!)
Dynoed at ~150whp / ~115 torque at Abacus Racing (Slip included. Car was dynoed with H/I/Greddy Exhaust - since been removed.)

Appearance
- Erubuni Z3 carbonfiber fenders (They're lighter then stock fenders by a few pounds.)
- Seibon Evo carbonfiber hood
- New Milano Red paint (Flawless body with no dents or scratches.)
- Carbofiber grille (so rare it bleeds)
- Shaved antenna, trunk emblem and trunk keyhole

Engine Performance
- Newly rebuilt engine (Rebuilt at approximately 79,000 miles. Less than 1,500 miles since rebuild. Block rebuilt using all Honda stock internals. Rebuilt head minor valve job, debured ports and polished. No major porting at all.)
- 4-1 Weapon-R Hytech copycat header (Owned for 3 years no cracks or leaks good welds. Look at dyno results before you flame.)
- Weapon-R short ram intake
- Custom exhaust with Vibrant black muffler (2.5 inches. 1 year old)
- Blox intake manifold

Transmission
- Quiafe LSD (Lifetime Warranty)
- ACT Pro Lite flywheel (Resurfaced in the last 1,000 miles.)
- Competition Clutch Stage 2 (Less than 1,000 miles.)
- newly rebuilt tranny (Less than 1,000 miles. Input shaft bearing went.)

Suspension
- AGX adjustable stuts
- Aftermarket 16" wheels (Not Volks or anything. Custom "H" emblem and light weight. Minor clear coat chippage. One wheel has curb rash but I have 5 wheels so there are four good ones.)
- Kuhmo SPTs
- Adjustable strut bar

Brakes
- Hawk HPS brake pads
- Brembo blanks
- Goodridge SS brake lines

Interior
- Si red and black seat covers
- Eclipse deck with auxiliary output (CD player is broken, but eq and sound quality are amazing.)
- E-dead sound deading in trunk (Had a 13w7 hooked up. Not heavy and is painted on.)

Also Will Include These Parts Which are Not Installed
- Stock hood (1.5" scratch/dent from metal piece falling from truck at 60mph. Needs paint.)
- Carbon Creations carbonfiber hood (Tension rods make it fly up. Additionally there are a few flaws with this which are easily fixed. It can be used. Flaws are one stripped bolt point and quarter inch chip on corner resin fixable.)
- Stock intake manifold
- ZEX dry kit
- Eibach Pro kit
- Stock Si wheels (Was in process of polishing paint. Paint iss almost off of all. Minor curb rash on the wheels.)
- B&M short shifter
- Energy Suspension shifter bushings
- Stock radio

Flaws
Minor interior issues. Sunroof headliner has minor 1x1 tear but doesn't flap. Minor interior fading. Some interior panels have minor scratching because I put my Cannondale bicycle in there so it wouldn't get stolen. Nothing too bad. No rips in seats. No major wear on steering wheel.

I also had this car VAFC 2 tuned before I rebuilt the engine and swapped the clutch. It always ran rich and it would throw a dirty O2 code once in a while. I plan on keeping the VAFC because I may go to a S2000 and do minor bolt-ons to it.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need pricing help and suggestions on selling em1 and getting another honda (NOFX)

Do you think 10k is obtainable. I will post pictures soon!
Old 12-03-2007, 06:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks NOFX! That sure does make it easier to read. Great formating idea! On a seperate note. I remember when NOFX rocked the small stage at the warped tour. Now they rock the big stage unless they **** off the promoters. like writing ***** on there foreheads when they are passed out and drunk. Thanks for the formatting help once again.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I think $10k is attainable, IF you part EVERYTHING out and return it to 100% stock (or close to). Then sell everything else individually. You will probably get around $10k. Low mileage EM1's are getting harder and harder to find. Especially stock.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:13 AM
H-T White Ops

I definitely think the car having only 80 some odd thousand miles will help. The mods, of course, won't help so much.

I think you can get 10, just by looking at the list, but again, photos would REALLY help your case.

And if you like the band, you might like this.

Look closer. Melvin signed it.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NOFX)

Nice license plate dude! So ive taken pictures of the ride. I still am confused where i should price it. by the time i unload it it should have 81xxx miles on it. id like around 10k for it. so should i list it for like 11,200? ill post pictures in the next post. Thanks for everyones help.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (madlion)

2000 Honda Civic Si coupe
Call James

81,XXX miles
Milano Red (New!)
Dynoed at ~150whp / ~ 115 torque at Abacus Racing (Slip included. Car was dynoed with H/I/Greddy Exhaust - since been replaced)
Appearance
- Erubuni Z3 carbon fiber fenders (They're lighter then stock fenders by a few pounds.)
- Seibon Evo carbon fiber hood (extremely light and well built)
- New Milano Red paint (Flawless body with no dents or scratches.)
- Carbon fiber grille (so rare it bleeds)
- Shaved antenna, trunk emblem and trunk keyhole
- TYC Projector lights
Engine Performance
- Newly rebuilt engine (Rebuilt at approximately 79,XXX miles. Less than 1,500 miles since rebuild. Block rebuilt using all Honda stock internals. Rebuilt head minor valve job, debured ports and polished. No major porting at all.)
- 4-1 Weapon-R Hytech copycat header (Owned for 3 years no cracks or leaks good welds. Look at dyno results before you flame.)
- Weapon-R short ram intake
- Custom exhaust piping with Vibrant black muffler (2.5 inches. 1 year old) (no resonator)
- Blox intake manifold
Transmission
- Quiafe LSD (Lifetime Warranty)
- ACT Pro Lite flywheel (Resurfaced in the last 1,000 miles.)
- Competition Clutch Stage 2 (Less than 1,000 miles.)
- Newly rebuilt tranny (Less than 1,000 miles. Input shaft bearing went.)
Suspension
- AGX adjustable stuts
- Aftermarket 16" wheels (Not Volks or anything. Custom "H" emblem and light weight. Minor clear coat chippage. One wheel has curb rash but I have 5 wheels so there are four good ones.)
- Kuhmo SPTs
- Adjustable front strut bar
Brakes
- Hawk HPS brake pads
- Brembo blanks
- Goodridge SS brake lines
Interior
- Si red and black seat covers
- Eclipse deck with auxiliary input (ipod) (CD player works when it wants to which is not very often, but eq and sound quality are amazing.)
- E-dead sound deadening in trunk (Had a 13w7 hooked up)
Also Will Include These Parts which are Not Installed
- Stock hood (1.5" scratch/dent from metal piece falling from truck at 60mph. Needs paint.)
- Carbon Creations carbon fiber Trunk (Tension rods make it fly up. Additionally there are a few flaws with this which are easily fixed. It can be used. Flaws are one stripped bolt point and quarter inch chip on corner resin fixable.)
- Stock intake manifold
- Eibach Pro kit
- Stock Si wheels (Was in process of polishing paint. Paint is almost off of all. Minor curb rash on the wheels.)
- B&M short shifter
- Energy Suspension shifter bushings and motor mount bushings
- Stock radio

Old 12-14-2007, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

replace the hood, fenders, grill, and headlights and that thing could see 10k no problem. that car is soo clean just the items i listed really depreciate the value.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (93stockej1)

is the aftermarket suspension on the car or do you get the suspension along with the car not installed?? cause that honestly looks like you put a lift kit on it.

car looks VERY clean, looks pretty good..some things i dont like about it but thats just my taste..i dont think you'll have a hard time getting 10k for it. gl
Old 12-14-2007, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93stockej1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">replace the hood, fenders, grill, and headlights and that thing could see 10k no problem. that car is soo clean just the items i listed really depreciate the value.</TD></TR></TABLE>

atleast replace the grille headlights and fenders..hoods not that bad.. but it would be better with the stock hood and stock front end.. then you can make money selling the other stuff...

i would pay 10k for it with a stock front end...
Old 12-14-2007, 10:51 AM
H-T White Ops

The other posters are right. It will be much easier to get what you want if the car is more acceptable to more people.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (NOFX)

Exactly. Most people aren't really into the '90s Transformer look anymore. Your Si looks to be in good shape, you should be able to get $10k easy.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i say you put the car back to stock trim and will sell for up to 10k. either way car will sell for 10k so just take out all the aftermarket parts and sell the part on the side. just my 2cent
Old 12-14-2007, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (eg:R)

The thing about stock trim would be a PITA. I thought about doing that but to paint fenders and new hood and grill would be exspensive. plus the carbon is lite weight. I know its rice and if i could do it again i wouldnt do it like that. i just got the carbon for cheap!i dont even have the old fenders just the old hood. and i like the seibon hood keeps the underhood temps down considerably. I appreciate everyones advice. and to answer 93stocks question. the suspension is not stock. the car is sitting at an angle and looks higher then normal. the suspension is stock springs but agx shocks. i have the stiffness set to high. also the bumpstops are relatively new because the guy i bought this ride from had intrax purples with stock shocks. so i put agxs and returned to normal height. i do have the eibach pro-kit. i was going to do this and keep the camber slightly negative and just have the agxs and eibachs for street ride.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:49 PM

Your not saving that much weight with the carbon.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

TRANSFORMER

naw but get rid of the fenders,hood,grill,wheels and you would get more
Old 12-14-2007, 10:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm really sorry dude, but as the owner of a stock EM1 and after seeing all the Sis in the EM1 Crew thread, your car makes me want to hurt both myself and others. As it sits now, I wouldn't pay more than $2400 for that car cause the restoration is gonna be a fair amount of work.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:43 PM

im sorry but im not really digging the fenders, hood, or grille......just my 2 cents....clean car though
Old 12-14-2007, 11:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hardedge)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hardedge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm really sorry dude, but as the owner of a stock EM1 and after seeing all the Sis in the EM1 Crew thread, your car makes me want to hurt both myself and others. As it sits now, I wouldn't pay more than $2400 for that car cause the restoration is gonna be a fair amount of work.</TD></TR></TABLE>

what fair amount of work man....all u need is a fresh front which is not a lot of work...u seem like a snob that thinks everything should be the way u want it..every1 has there own style an urs is stock so don't depreciate the value of his car because urs is stock....to the op just try an find some fenders in the junkyard maybe the hood is not bad considering your including the stock one an a new grill would be fine....sell the wheels an throw on the stock ones an u will probably see 10k easily...good luck man
Old 12-21-2007, 04:55 PM

i fully agree with bgangsta180... every one has there own style and i can bet you can find some one that loves the way your car looks as it sits right now... i would post it for 11000 and see if you get and hits.... wat have u got to loose... if you done hear from any one, drop the price
good luck
Old 12-21-2007, 07:47 PM
H-T White Ops

The point is that anyone will buy almost anything for any price.

The problem is, most people don't want to wait forever to sell their car. When selling your car, you want to make it desirable to as many people in the market you're shooting for as possible.

Fact is, those fenders are going to make it a little more difficult. Will it make it impossible? No. But not everyone will be into replacing or repainting fenders.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bgangsta180 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...u seem like a snob that thinks everything should be the way u want it..every1 has there own style an urs is stock so don't depreciate the value of his car because urs is stock....to the op just try an find some fenders in the junkyard maybe the hood is not bad considering your including the stock one an a new grill would be fine....sell the wheels an throw on the stock ones an u will probably see 10k easily...good luck man</TD></TR></TABLE>

Lets examine your post to explain how retarded you are. The OP's questions are essentially asking us to role play as a potential buyer so he can decide on the best route for selling the car. This is simply going to lead to everyone's opinions. Do you know what an opinion is? It's impossible to be a right or wrong answer, it's just one persons point of view. The OP essentially asked for my opinion so I gave it to him.

Now lets look at how constructive my opinion was. I took up the role of a potential EM1 buyer (which isn't that hard cause I just was a potential EM1 buyer not long ago) and let him know how I would feel if I were looking into buying his car. I made the point that if I were going to buy a modified EM1 I would be far more likely to pay good money for something like a really clean JDM style one from the EM1 Crew. Remember, his car is not the only EM1 being sold, so he has competition from much nicer EM1s. Now, I paid $8100 for a stock EM1, so why would I pay $10,000 for one with a bunch of ugly **** on it that I don't want. Don't forget the good point that NOFX made; you have to give the car as much mass appeal as possible to make it more likely to sell. So if he's going to sell me that hideous car instead of me buying a stock EM1, it is going to have to be dirt cheap because I'll have to reverse the work on it and also have to convince the buyer when I turn around and sell it that it hasn't been in an accident despite not having any VINs on the front body work. We all know what most EM1 buyers are looking for, and his car isn't it!

Lastly, why do you say that **** about me and then tell him to restore the front end? Maybe you're just a snob who wants everything to be the way you want it...or just a retarded *****.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

listen hardedge just drop it b4 they lock his thread ur opinion just wasnt needed in that form....most important thing is its a real clean body with low miles an no rust...there are alot of tasteful upgrades along with a fair share of not so smart ones an he should be able to get 10,000 for it going on that....list it a little more than 10k like others have said an negotiate down to a number you are happy with....gl bro

Quick Reply: need pricing help and suggestions on selling em1 and getting another honda