Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need opinions on this setup

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need opinions on this setup

ok...im new to Hondas a little, and to HT as well...and i think this is a pretty good setup so far, not much, but i need some opinions from some expirienced people knowing that i know only 2.

its a 93 civic cx
im going for a b20 block from the crv
and a b18 head i think its B20 Vtec
first, probably a 3 angle valve job
springs and shocks
new camshafts
no specific brand yet

now thats just a little and i have one more question. this is probably stupid

Should i go all-motor first just to see how much hp and performance there, and then go turbo? or should i just go all-motor the whole way?

btw ive searched i need opinions
Old 11-16-2005, 11:25 AM

Default Re: Need opinions on this setup (Dat Le)

Sounds like fun. Some torque and some vtec.

If you go all-motor, you are probably going to want to raise the compression and get some pretty wild cams. If you turn around and go turbo, you're going to want to lower the compression (if you are turning up the boost significantly) and get some mild cams, so you'd kind of undo the work that you did. If that sounds ok to you, then by all means. I just hate to spend the money, then turn around and have to sell for a loss.

-Shane
Old 11-16-2005, 11:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Need opinions on this setup (Dat Le)

IMO, you should start with your suspension, then swap over the b20. don't mess with the internals until after you have the motor in and working, then you can decide if you want all motor or turbo.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Need opinions on this setup (nighttrain33)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nighttrain33 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you go all-motor, you are probably going to want to raise the compression and get some pretty wild cams. If you turn around and go turbo, you're going to want to lower the compression -Shane</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IHateJDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">IMO, you should start with your suspension, then swap over the b20. don't mess with the internals until after you have the motor in and working, then you can decide if you want all motor or turbo. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'll agree with both these guys... Nothing is worse than spending a ****-ton of time and money on something... Only to turn around and redo everything!

- I went intake, header exhaust... Then turboed.. Waste of $$$
- I went lowering springs and GR2 shocks... Then went Koni/ground control.... Waste of $$$.

I am trying to do things only once from now on! -- Unless, of course, I come across a KSeries

Bottom line... Choose N/A or Turbo before you start IMO