Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

need new alarm, money is no object, what would you get???

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need new alarm, money is no object, what would you get???

if you could have any alarm, at any price what would you get????

better yet if someone wanted to buy you an alarm, and money is no object, which would you get???
Old 06-26-2003, 12:45 PM

I got the new Viper Responder with remote start. Its got a huge remote but I love it
Old 06-26-2003, 12:57 PM

Default Re: (00CivicEXCP)

I wouldn't get the 790xv, the remote is huge and ******* sucks. I am on my third remote.
Old 06-26-2003, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Pho Real)

so the viper 740xv has a big remote, and from what i've heard is so, so.
so what eles is out there??? a pager system would be nice......
Old 06-26-2003, 04:12 PM

Default Re: (cccya)

i would get lo-jack. you can get a package that has lo-jack, a good alarm system, and you can hook it up to your pager too. not sure about the remote start on it though.
Old 06-26-2003, 04:44 PM

Default Re: (ridiculous)

I would run the same setup i have now, I have droped 2 much into my alarm

Get a Avantguard 5 , you got to love that OmniSensor, That right there, is almost unstealable, get a backup battery and run the alarm off your 2ed battery. Get a Viper 790VX, and don't hook it up to the speaker, so when your Cliffort goes off, your viper will as well, and you will get paged and have the protection of a Cliffort Arrow 5 with The Jacks opition, evey time you get into your car, you have to hit up a code, it's IS the best Alarm you can get on the market, make sure you have a real good place install it for you, if ur in the bay my firends shop did mine. I would Also install a Low Jack and Get a GPS lockater System on the car, they run 10 to 20 bucks a month. Club and 3 Autolockers

I would also get the extra option of a Fuel cut off switch, and run about 6 or more kill switchs all around the car, and go with a car boot, that would make your CAR UNSTEALBE, I don't care how good the thevies are, they anit going to steal it without you knowing.

Don't froget the Glock, when u get paged, go out and pay the thevies a littel vist
Old 06-26-2003, 04:46 PM

Default Re: (Quad-Damge)

Avantguard 5 [ see feature chart ] [ back to top ]
Take the final steps up to the very top of the G5 line: the AvantGuard 5. The Mount Everest of combined vehicle security and remote start systems, the only system in the G5 line with the SSPS Smart Self Powered Siren. Plus the protection of three sensors: OmniSensor, remotely adjustable Proximity Sensor, and Digital Tilt sensor. When the question is "What is the very best security and remote start system in the world," the answer is the Clifford AvantGuard 5!
http://www.clifford.com/g5/sec...uard5
Old 06-26-2003, 04:49 PM

The Blackjax = The best thing ever made, it's funny if they don't enter the code the car shuts off and starts to go crazy, it happen to my firend on a bussy street, it was hella funny
Old 06-26-2003, 04:54 PM

You could have edited your first post, but man you don't play around. You might as well hire a security gaurd.

p.s. GET LO JACK
Old 06-26-2003, 04:58 PM

Default Re: (Pho Real)

viper
Old 06-26-2003, 05:22 PM

Default Re: need new alarm, money is no object, what would you get??? (cccya)

I'd hire some big guy to stand by my car with a machine gun in one arm and a pitbull by the leash in the other hand. Attack!
Old 06-26-2003, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need new alarm, money is no object, what would you get??? (elude667)

holly **** dude thats about 4 alarms in one car that would be some sweet *** ****
i don't really need my alarm any more though my cars going non-op and becomeing a track car
Old 06-26-2003, 07:02 PM

I'd get a Viper or Clifford..
I'd also get one of those steering wheel removers like NASCAR cars have. Thats another safety tip/thing to have.
Old 06-26-2003, 08:41 PM

Default Re: need new alarm, money is no object, what would you get??? (Pacman88)

I am know by my firends, by having the most security for a stupid slow *** civic, but getting jacked and having the insruance company not cover ****, that fucken sucks, so i did something about it, I also, did this
http://eastbayracing.com/ebr/a...d=142

I took off the locks on all 4 door, my firends get pissed when they try to get out of the car, but if they brake my window, have fun jumping in the window, with glass all over you hand. Also Razor Blades Under your hood latch, is a very nice gift to give to any would be car thevies. Make sure you tell the shop look at your car, or your firends if they reach down there.
Old 06-26-2003, 08:45 PM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: need new alarm, money is no object, what would you get??? (Quad-Damge)

http://cultofthewolf.org/blackguy.html

try that. he hee...
i have an old school code with a **** load of kill switches. and when i park it, laugh if you want, i take out the distributor.
Old 06-26-2003, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need new alarm, money is no object, what would you get??? (boostedcivicsir)

Hahaha..nice flash vid
Old 06-26-2003, 10:53 PM

Default Re: need new alarm, money is no object, what would you get??? (Quad-Damge)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Quad-Damge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I took off the locks on all 4 door, my firends get pissed when they try to get out of the car, but if they brake my window, have fun jumping in the window, with glass all over you hand</TD></TR></TABLE>

have you ever considered what a hazard that might be? Its like a coffin, what if you crazh and a fire starts?
Old 06-26-2003, 10:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need new alarm, money is no object, what would you get??? (parasonic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by parasonic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hahaha..nice flash vid</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 06-26-2003, 11:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need new alarm, money is no object, what would you get??? (evian)

i always wanted to look into getting rid of my viper for the aladdin alarm system with remote pager...
Old 06-26-2003, 11:44 PM
ERA

Default Re: need new alarm, money is no object, what would you get??? (evian)

When money is no object and it comes to alarms, I always say just buy your own satelite and have it orbit over you car all day and night that way you can get one of those wristwatches with a TV display on it so you can always see it. You should get the laserbeam upgrade on the satelite or it's not worth it, that way you can zap the bastard thieves rather than just give the cops a discription you got from the watch.
Old 06-27-2003, 01:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need new alarm, money is no object, what would you get??? (delslo26)

screw the lazer, you need to upgrade to the onboard nuke. that way you can obliterate the thieves. Ohh wait then your car, neighborhood, and city would be gone.....but you'd get the thieves.
Old 06-27-2003, 02:13 AM

compustar
Old 06-27-2003, 03:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need new alarm, money is no object, what would you get??? (aw1234dude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aw1234dude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">screw the lazer, you need to upgrade to the onboard nuke. that way you can obliterate the thieves. Ohh wait then your car, neighborhood, and city would be gone.....but you'd get the thieves. </TD></TR></TABLE>

it would still be well worth it!
Old 06-27-2003, 03:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need new alarm, money is no object, what would you get??? (j.fuggi)

WOW didn't think i would get that many post to this. just wanted to see how far some of you would go.
the vipers and clifford, seem to be the norm though. mmmm
Old 06-27-2003, 08:18 PM
ERA

Speaking of clifford.... not to jack the thread but anyone know where I can get a clicker for a clifford online? Just found an alarm module in the beater I didn't even know it had.

Quick Reply: need new alarm, money is no object, what would you get???