Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need to know what parts for pwer door conversion

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to know what parts for pwer door conversion

I looked around and could only find a write up for a 92-95 civic.

I have 2 99 si doors and wannted to take the "guts" out and put them in my DX doors.
What all would I need?
I will be getting an EX floor harness soon.
Would I need anything else?
Old 12-01-2008, 06:33 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by iiPancho
I looked around and could only find a write up for a 92-95 civic.

I have 2 99 si doors and wannted to take the "guts" out and put them in my DX doors.
What all would I need?
I will be getting an EX floor harness soon.
Would I need anything else?

Door panels, switches and I think there are some relays.

Should be the same as the 92-95.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by E.Honda
Door panels, switches and I think there are some relays.

Should be the same as the 92-95.
I got the panels.
Switches?
Relays?
Old 12-01-2008, 07:36 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by iiPancho
I got the panels.
Switches?
Relays?
Relays that plug into the fuse box and the switches on the panels to roll them up and down.

I am pretty sure I have some if you don't have them.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also, you need the power window control unit, and power lock control unit. If you want power mirrors to work you'll need the dash controls (I think EKs have dash controls).
Old 12-01-2008, 10:12 PM

It's actually quite easy. Since you already have the SI doors just swap all the internals, Window's, regulators, power door lock motors (can be tricky, just unscrew the three little screws holding them in), power mirrors if you want them. You'll also need the interior door panel from the si as well so you have the window switches. After you swap both doors for the SI stuff, get a floor harness off of a 99-00 EX or SI. I've run into differences with the 96-98. You'll also need a small relay for the fuse box for the power windows which you can get at any deal, they're pretty cheap. From there you should have power windows. For the door locks the easiest way is to get two standard bosch relays and wire them up with the wires that are on the plug going from the floor harness to the underdash harness. You have all the wires you need right there for both doors and the drivers door switch, just wire them up like you would if you were putting in aftermarket door locks. If you've never done that just google, bosch power door lock relay. You can play around with trying to find the right relay box to make it all factory but it can be a big headache. Most of the SI's I believe came with the box attached to the dash harness so you can try and get your hands on one of those and swap it but it's a big headache in comparison. I actually have a floor harness I'm trying to sell so if you need one let me know.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 20civic0000si
It's actually quite easy. Since you already have the SI doors just swap all the internals, Window's, regulators, power door lock motors (can be tricky, just unscrew the three little screws holding them in), power mirrors if you want them. You'll also need the interior door panel from the si as well so you have the window switches. After you swap both doors for the SI stuff, get a floor harness off of a 99-00 EX or SI. I've run into differences with the 96-98. You'll also need a small relay for the fuse box for the power windows which you can get at any deal, they're pretty cheap. From there you should have power windows. For the door locks the easiest way is to get two standard bosch relays and wire them up with the wires that are on the plug going from the floor harness to the underdash harness. You have all the wires you need right there for both doors and the drivers door switch, just wire them up like you would if you were putting in aftermarket door locks. If you've never done that just google, bosch power door lock relay. You can play around with trying to find the right relay box to make it all factory but it can be a big headache. Most of the SI's I believe came with the box attached to the dash harness so you can try and get your hands on one of those and swap it but it's a big headache in comparison. I actually have a floor harness I'm trying to sell so if you need one let me know.

How much?