Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need to know of any Philadelphia area shops

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 10:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to know of any Philadelphia area shops

I just moved here from Richmond, VA to work in Centre City. Thought that philly would be like the east coast king of imports and shops would just be lined up one block after another but I sadly think tiny Richmond has more garages. Everyone I stop to ask where they had their work done just says "New York, Jersey, DC/Nova."

I tried asking before but only got one shop's name and they said that those guys weren't the most experienced. I miss my integra and want to get another honda...was thinking of an h22 swap either into a 94 lude or civic. I know there has to be philly guys on this forum.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need to know of any Philadelphia area shops (EscobarSLV)

wut sup bro. i can help you out. what area are in now? do u live in center city?
Old 08-13-2004, 11:15 AM

Default Re: Need to know of any Philadelphia area shops (krazn)

i'm in narberth right now and moving to haverford soon. i just work in centre city and the majority of my cousins live in the wynnewood and upper darby area. only shop i really know about for sure is stephen peng's place but i think he only does body work and i can do most of that myself.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

He doesn't even do bodywork but he can probably recommend someplace where they do decent work... there's a place somewhere in philly that sponsered a big dollar supra... i forget the name though
Old 08-13-2004, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need to know of any Philadelphia area shops (VolpeOwnsU)

are u referring to maxspeed with the supra? i believe his shop is closed. he was located not far from chinatown. anywho...u dont need shops dude...all u need are friends here in philly... wut are u looking to do? just an engine swap? thats pretty simple for me and a few of my buddies.
Old 08-13-2004, 12:00 PM
This user can set his title.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by krazn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> thats pretty simple for me and a few of my buddies. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey buddy, leave that to the pro's

&lt;--- *cough* *cough*
Old 08-13-2004, 12:50 PM

Default Re: Need to know of any Philadelphia area shops (ki3t)

If this is it, I'm just gonna take my car home to Richmond. Probably have it done cheaper there too. Even if there was a good shop here, obviously he could charge anything he wants since there's evidently no competition.
Old 08-13-2004, 01:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well..sorry couldn't help you bro. there are tons of people who work on cars here in philly. if you need evidence...go out to the races one of those nights (which by the way i dont go to cause its just way too dangerous out there). its just that people do their own work for more satisfication around here. we dont need to go to local shops to do things for us. And if there are shops...its probably a friend of a friends anyway which are more than happy to help out. if u wanted assistance, I gave you some...since ur new in philly...but if u need to go back to richmond..then by all means...be my guest.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:00 AM

well thanks for all the input and help guys. i wish i could do some of my own work here too but i don't even have a place since my apt complex is in haverford and the people...are pretty stuck up. they'd probably call the cops if they saw me in the parking lot with a took box, thinking i'm jacking cars. who knows...at this rate i might just hold out and get a s2k