Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

need help w/ identifying engine harness socket and this specific location please!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help w/ identifying engine harness socket and this specific location please!

i am running a single cam zc, p08. manifold.

i am wondering what kinda sensor/ device goes into this unit in the rear of the manifold. here are pics.

and also... i t has a hose on the rear of the bottom rear block that i have no clue where it supposed to go. and its not the fuel return line. here are pics.

and also i am wondering what is this single harness with one wire (color blue with a red stripe). what connector or device this goes to? this is an obd2a engine harness. here are pics

and also... what harness/ socket is this lead to this. this wire is near the ecu harness/ engine fuse box wiring. (one wire is black w/ a yellow stripe, and the other is a teal color w/ a white stripe.) this is also an obd2a harness. here are pics.

any help gladly appreciated! thanks!
Old 01-17-2009, 01:40 PM
Resident Gearhead

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: need help w/ identifying engine harness socket and this specific location please!

Originally Posted by stiffinEK
i am running a single cam zc, p08. manifold.

i am wondering what kinda sensor/ device goes into this unit in the rear of the manifold. here are pics.

The IACV goes there.

I'm still pondering your other questions, all I have right now are guesses. One of those connectors must go to the IACV.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:51 PM
Resident Gearhead

Default Re: need help w/ identifying engine harness socket and this specific location please!

The connector with the single wire is probably for the knock sensor if that harness is from a Y8 or Y5.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:07 PM
Resident Gearhead

The right coolant hose in circled in red most likely goes to the IACV as well, and probably the left in red too.

WTF is going on there (blue arrow)?

Old 01-17-2009, 03:06 PM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

As McVtec stated the IACV is whats missing. The connector for it is currently plugged into the IAT sensor (black sensor on the back of the intake manifold) fix that as the IAT sensor runs off a much lower voltage, 5v IIRC, and it will fry once you turn the key to accessory, don't ask me how I know this. The IAT sensor on OBD2 engines was in the intake piping which is probably what the plug in the last pic is for. Both hoses go to the IACV btw.

Originally Posted by mcvtec
WTF is going on there (blue arrow)?
Hose clamp.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:15 PM
Resident Gearhead

Originally Posted by 94EG8
Hose clamp.
That's an odd setup, I dont remember it.

I knew you would come in here and clean up

Edit: (read post below) Ok, got ya.

Last edited by BryanM.; 01-17-2009 at 03:29 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Seagull Management

Originally Posted by mcvtec
That's an odd setup, I dont remember it.

I knew you would come in here and clean up
It just looks weird in the pic, the hose clamp just got slid down the hose when it was removed from the IACV. The other larger hose underneath isn't attached to smaller one at all, the larger hose is the coolant bypass hose that goes from the block to the head. I'm pretty sure I know what you're seeing/thinking, its an optical illusion, the big and little hoses aren't connected at all.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks guys! gladly appreciated. is the IAT 3 wired or 2 wired?
Old 01-17-2009, 06:57 PM
Seagull Management

Originally Posted by stiffinEK
thanks guys! gladly appreciated. is the IAT 3 wired or 2 wired?
The IAT is always 2 wire, the IACV on the other hand varies between 2 and 3 wires. In your case 2 wires though, the only ones that are 3 wire are D16Y7 and automatic D16Y8s