Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need help with strut mounts and coilovers 99 civic dx

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with strut mounts and coilovers 99 civic dx

Please dont move this thread. I asked the same question in the suspension forum and 50 people read the thread but didnt answer. I bought KYB AGX adjustable struts. I am planning on getting ground control coilovers. But my mechanic told me today that I need new Strut Mount Brackets. What are good brackets to use with these shocks. My car has adjustable coilovers on it and probably cheap aftermarket struts (bought it like that). The coilovers wont fit and I need to pretty much replace everything. So I already have the struts and I picked out my coilovers but no idea on the mount brackets.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need help with strut mounts and coilovers 99 civic dx

What you mean upper mounts? I ordered some from Majestic Honda with new rubber inserts. Really the rubber is all you need unless the mount itself is messed up, rusty, etc. Im not too fond of the AGX after I blew them with a 1.75" drop. I dont think they are meant for lowered cars. Koni Yellows are one of the best off the shelf shocks available..
Old 02-02-2011, 12:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by christianc5692
Please dont move this thread. I asked the same question in the suspension forum and 50 people read the thread but didnt answer. I bought KYB AGX adjustable struts. I am planning on getting ground control coilovers. But my mechanic told me today that I need new Strut Mount Brackets. What are good brackets to use with these shocks. My car has adjustable coilovers on it and probably cheap aftermarket struts (bought it like that). The coilovers wont fit and I need to pretty much replace everything. So I already have the struts and I picked out my coilovers but no idea on the mount brackets.
im not understanding what u mean by mounting breackets? you talking about the forks? if so you can use the ones that are on ur car now.. and u can also reuse the hats.. maybe give me more info or pics and i can help you out better or maybe im miss understand what u are saying, if so sorry
Old 02-02-2011, 06:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mmcd
im not understanding what u mean by mounting breackets? you talking about the forks? if so you can use the ones that are on ur car now.. and u can also reuse the hats.. maybe give me more info or pics and i can help you out better or maybe im miss understand what u are saying, if so sorry
Im just as confused as you are. I know how to work on my car but I dont mess with my suspension so I always send it out to get fixed. I brought it in and my mechanic said. The struts dont fit. You need new coilovers and strut mount brackets? Im guessing he just meant strut mounts and boots because when I when on KYB website thats what they had. I think he is talking about the bracket that is at the top connected to the engine bay and the trunk where the strut screws into.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by alphalanos
What you mean upper mounts? I ordered some from Majestic Honda with new rubber inserts. Really the rubber is all you need unless the mount itself is messed up, rusty, etc. Im not too fond of the AGX after I blew them with a 1.75" drop. I dont think they are meant for lowered cars. Koni Yellows are one of the best off the shelf shocks available..
KYB AGX are not meant for drops over 1.50 and im aware of that because it says it right on the warranty when you buy it. Once you drop it below 1.50 your void your warranty with KYB.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:57 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Did he show you the part that needs replacing? Can you snap a pic?