Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

need help with SRS reset

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with SRS reset

Hey there, let me first fill in the story blanks: couple months ago my cable reel assembly snapped, so i ordered a new one, and now everything is back in, airbag, srs reel, and it all works wonderfully. however, the SRS light is still on.

so here's my question, what will happen if i pull the main power plug out of the SRS brain behind center console/under dash WITH the airbags two connectors in place? Do you think it will fire off the airbag? If there's a chance that it will, i think i'd rather just find another way of turning the SRS light off.

Is there a fuse that i can pull to turn off the SRS light? I pretty much just want the light to go away. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:15 PM
New User

Default Re: need help with SRS reset (ejallmotor)

i just talked to a neighboring honda about resetting the light. they're really reluctant to tell people how to reset the light, but since i work at another dealer owned by the same owner, they kinda told me.

the perfered way to do it is with a scanner. however, you can do it w/o one. the process is not really that complicated but it does involve some good timing on your part in tight places... using one of their tools makes it easier.

i'll have to try it out first on my car and see if i can get it to work. then i'll let u know if it does.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:28 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ejallmotor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so here's my question, what will happen if i pull the main power plug out of the SRS brain behind center console/under dash WITH the airbags two connectors in place? Do you think it will fire off the airbag?</TD></TR></TABLE>

before you go doing anything like that, be sure to disconnect the battery and let it sit for a little while. so your sure there is no current running through the system.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:54 PM

Default Re: need help with SRS reset (FdOoUoRr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FdOoUoRr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

before you go doing anything like that, be sure to disconnect the battery and let it sit for a little while. so your sure there is no current running through the system.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

well, the battery was disconnected during the airbag install process. However, by disconnecting the battery, doesn't that shut off power to the SRS main unit as well? I'm hoping to have the car battery all connected, and THEN try resetting the SRS unit to see if it shuts the light off.

anyways, any ideas about SRS fuses for the light? that would be sweet if that's all it took to turn the light off
Old 01-19-2005, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: I put on my robe and wizard hat, NY...err Bay Area--->Texas
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

DUDE Just wait, Taz27 seems to have the procedure to reset the light. There is a procedure involving a piece of wire and the yellow connector that plugs into the fuse box.

I had to do this a few months ago while installing my clutch pedal (but don't remember the specific steps), and guess how I found the procedure? Thats right! I searched!

GL with that though.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: I put on my robe and wizard hat, NY...err Bay Area--->Texas
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Here you go.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=218227