Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

need help with sohc tranny mount question........

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with sohc tranny mount question........

ok here is the situation. i have a 92 hatchback that i am doing an auto to manual conversion on. i am going to be using a 99 dx(y7) tranny and i dont have to top passenger side mount. i went on to hondaautomotiveparts.com and the diagrams are different for the 92 & 99 mount. i got the diagrams and circled the mount i am talking about. i already bought the new MT bracket that welds onto the framerail, now i just need to know if a mount from a 92-95 manual tranny will bolt up to the 99 tranny, because in the diagram it looks like there is a bracket that bolts to the tranny and then the mount seems to be bolted directly to the framerail on the 99. here are the diagrams. 99 first and the 92 second.

i think what i need is a 92-95 mount and i am hoping to bolts right to the 99 tranny housing. if anybody has any experience with running a 96+ sohc in a 92-95 and has some input on the mounts i would greatly appreciate it. also what rear tranny bracket do it need? a 92-95 or 96+ one?? also i am looking to pick up these parts, so if any of you guys have some of them laying around PM me or email me at unsungsohc@hotmail.com thanks
Old 03-15-2004, 08:05 AM

Default Re: need help with sohc tranny mount question........ (lohatch)

I did a auto to manual tranny swap on a 00 Honda Civic and the automatic mount worked fine for the top, just need a washer to make it flush, and i didn't use a low mount, i bought it, but it had to be welded and it holds up just fine with 1 mount, don't know if that helps, but it's for a 6th gen, u need to buy 5 speed mounts i belive for 5th gens, go to the junkyard and buy both and see, they were like 20 bucks for me, local junkyard hookups
Old 03-15-2004, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need help with sohc tranny mount question........ (Quad-Damge)

the bolt pattern on my auto mount off my 92 tranny is way different than the pattern on the 99 housing, otherwise i might have tried to rig something up. i think what i need is the 92-95 mount. on the 96+ there isnt the bracket that needs to be changed on the framerail. also i think the rear manual mounts are the same, does anyone know if the auto is the same as the manual rear mount?? thanks again for the input
Old 03-15-2004, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need help with sohc tranny mount question........ (lohatch)

anybody else have any info???? is the rear tranny mount on the 92-95 the same as the 96+ sohc rear tranny mount????
Old 03-15-2004, 06:10 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Quad-Damge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I did a auto to manual tranny swap on a 00 Honda Civic and the automatic mount worked fine for the top, just need a washer to make it flush, and i didn't use a low mount, i bought it, but it had to be welded and it holds up just fine with 1 mount, don't know if that helps, but it's for a 6th gen, u need to buy 5 speed mounts i belive for 5th gens, go to the junkyard and buy both and see, they were like 20 bucks for me, local junkyard hookups </TD></TR></TABLE>

hmm, sorry to interfere. I thought for a 96-00 auto-5spd conv. does take any kind of welding.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need help with sohc tranny mount question........ (sleepyhamsterlx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sleepyhamsterlx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

hmm, sorry to interfere. I thought for a 96-00 auto-5spd conv. does take any kind of welding.</TD></TR></TABLE>
the thing is that i am putting this y7 tranny on my d15b7 motor and it is going into my 92 hatchback, so i need to weld a manual trans bracket to the framerail(because it differs from the auto one) and now i need a 92-95 mount to bolt to the top of the 99 tranny. i also need the rear tranny bracket from a sohc manual trans because i think it differs from the auto one(correct me if i am wrong).........so if you have any friends that have some sohc mounts layin around after they did a swap or something and they are lookin for a little extra cash to put some gas in their car or buy some beer then hit me up and help my *** out
Old 03-15-2004, 09:27 PM

Default Re: need help with sohc tranny mount question........ (sleepyhamsterlx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sleepyhamsterlx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

hmm, sorry to interfere. I thought for a 96-00 auto-5spd conv. does take any kind of welding.</TD></TR></TABLE>

the bottom mount had to be welded to fit, and i didn't do it, holds up fine.
Old 03-16-2004, 04:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ttt....anyone with some more info?