Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

need help pulling a/c system *56k, get cable*

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help pulling a/c system *56k, get cable*

well i've got my motor out, so i figured i would pull the a/c system since i have so much room.... i'm not sure what all i should get rid of, though.... check out the pics below. i would appreciate it if my fellow members could tell me which parts should go and which should stay. thanks in advance.

Old 12-23-2003, 10:30 AM
clm
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need help pulling a/c system *56k, get cable* (Team 4R)

If it's connected to the compressor, remove it. It's straighforward IMO. But judging from your pictures, you can remove what you were pointing at.
Old 12-23-2003, 10:35 AM

why u want to rid off of your a/c system u should keep it...............
Old 12-23-2003, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need help pulling a/c system *56k, get cable* (clm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by clm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If it's connected to the compressor, remove it. It's straighforward IMO. But judging from your pictures, you can remove what you were pointing at.</TD></TR></TABLE>

what he said
Old 12-23-2003, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah if you're going to pull any of the a/c system...why not yank all of it?

Seems fairly straightforward to me.

Why are you pulling it anyway?
Old 12-23-2003, 11:36 AM

Default Re: (Jonathan_EH)

yeah i just did this last week. very easy. just make sure you drain the system good first. i thought i did, then i popped one of the lines off the evaporator and a bunch of fluid crap came rushing out. but like others have said its straight forward. just remove both of the lines - start at the compressor and work your way towards the evaporator. then take the condensor out (the radiator lookin thing with a fan on it.) then take that beer can lookin thing out by the drivers side head light. finally just remove the compressor and you're done, unless you want to take the evaporator out from behind the glove box. it's real easy.

search for "ac removal" and "removing ac" (with quotes) there's a real nice picture in a couple of the results.
Old 12-23-2003, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yup remove all that **** you were pointing to and everything connected to it that looks like it has to do with the ac system. Its very straight forward. Should be quite simple with your engine out.
Old 12-23-2003, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need help pulling a/c system *56k, get cable* (SOHC_MShue)

ya, i thought i had all of the pressure out, but still had a line explode off next to my head as i was removing it..... that's why i was asking. but, it's all out now, save for whatever is hiding behind the dash... i'll get on that in the evening.

what about the electrical connectors, what should i do with those? just cut them and tape them off? thanks for the help all.

oh, pulled it to make room for a turbo.....
Old 12-23-2003, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Team 4R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ya, i thought i had all of the pressure out, but still had a line explode off next to my head as i was removing it.....</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> i thought i did, then i popped one of the lines off the evaporator and a bunch of fluid crap came rushing out</TD></TR></TABLE>

may i ask..... how did get 'all of the other' pressure out of the system? before you exploded the line....
Old 12-23-2003, 01:24 PM

Default Re: need help pulling a/c system *56k, get cable* (B18EG6)

Thats a good trade....AC for a big *** turbo
Old 12-23-2003, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need help pulling a/c system *56k, get cable* (B18EG6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Silverhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thats a good trade....AC for a big *** turbo </TD></TR></TABLE>

ya, i thought so too....

as to getting the pressure out: there are two little blue caps on the main lines near the compressor..... one has an H on it..... take that cap off. put on protective eye and nose/mouth wear and release the pressure.... (it's like the valve stem on your tire)..... just be sure to keep removing until there is no more hissing..

you know, i have to admit.... i've been registered on here a long time but have only been actively using h-tech for about two weeks now.... i think i've learned more in the last two weeks here than i have in the last two years on clubsi..... not to mention you guys are much more helpful.... i appreciate it. thanks again.
Old 12-23-2003, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ac is for pussies, get rid of it! hahaha. get rid of p/s too if your trying to gain power and lose weight.
Old 12-23-2003, 04:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too hot where i live to be taking out AC
Old 12-23-2003, 04:40 PM
EPIC TUNING

Default Re: need help pulling a/c system *56k, get cable* (swatdog)

i took out all the lines, the condensor (thats the radiator thingy i think lol), umm the compressor, and all the **** under the dash. probably weighed a good 60lbs.
Old 12-23-2003, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (veganstraightedge)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by veganstraightedge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ac is for pussies, get rid of it! hahaha. get rid of p/s too if your trying to gain power and lose weight.</TD></TR></TABLE>

that's the plan..... p/s is coming out this weekend..... as soon as i can find that how-to again....

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by swatdog &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Too hot where i live to be taking out AC </TD></TR></TABLE>

you and i live in the same area......

Old 12-23-2003, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Team 4R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Team 4R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

that's the plan..... p/s is coming out this weekend..... as soon as i can find that how-to again....

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I want to buy the whole power steering system off of you if it can be directly bolted into my car! I am sure it can, but I wanna make sure I can do it myself, gonna go do a search real quick, and any input from anyone on that would be great. Also shame on you for releasing those CFCs from your A/C into the atmosphere!!! Hope nobody saw you do it , cause thats some major $$$ right there!
Old 12-23-2003, 07:05 PM
EPIC TUNING

Default Re: (DjGuamstyle)

bah i live in humid *** south florida and I run no a/c.......sucks like hell in the summer and no girls wanna ride with you but oh well....then again i dont have window tint either.......
Old 12-23-2003, 07:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DjGuamstyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Also shame on you for releasing those CFCs from your A/C into the atmosphere!!! Hope nobody saw you do it , cause thats some major $$$ right there!</TD></TR></TABLE>

He's got 134a, so it's not ozone-depleting, but it's still far better to pay to have the system drained.
Old 12-23-2003, 07:27 PM

Default Re: (Jim Truett)

yeah releasing that stuff is completely legal.

definately ditch the power steering. i swear that put the little d16 up to 300 hp. damn my car pulls now - i broke loose in second the other day . also, put a breather in the middle of the loop on the rack. you won't even notice you don't have power steering, the wheel turns just as easy. i can turn it with one hand stopped.
Old 12-23-2003, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DjGuamstyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I want to buy the whole power steering system off of you if it can be directly bolted into my car! I am sure it can, but I wanna make sure I can do it myself, gonna go do a search real quick, and any input from anyone on that would be great. Also shame on you for releasing those CFCs from your A/C into the atmosphere!!! Hope nobody saw you do it , cause thats some major $$$ right there!</TD></TR></TABLE>

okay, just give me a week and it should be available..... and the stuff that came out of my system wasn't freon or 134a or any of that stuff...... it was, uh... it was..... red bull! ya, that's it... it was red bull. even gave me wings....

oh, for the record, i meant to have it drained on saturday but forgot... on sunday i pulled the motor, and i hadn't been able to go since as the car has no power of it's own....

and i'm not too worried about the ps coming out... i've been running without the belt since i got the car.... my arms are 16 inches in diameter now! just pulling that for the weight savings at this point (you know, since the motor is out...).
Old 12-23-2003, 07:49 PM

if you want the whole system you'll need the rack (and subframe i think). you won't be ripping those out. i can't believe people actually want to install ps and ac. go get a cadalliac
Old 12-23-2003, 08:09 PM

Default Re: (jwn7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jwn7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you want the whole system you'll need the rack (and subframe i think). you won't be ripping those out. i can't believe people actually want to install ps and ac. go get a cadalliac </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, like you really need PS in a 2300 lb car anyway. That should be one of the first things to go.
Old 12-23-2003, 08:11 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Team 4R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

okay, just give me a week and it should be available..... and the stuff that came out of my system wasn't freon or 134a or any of that stuff...... it was, uh... it was..... red bull! ya, that's it... it was red bull. even gave me wings....

</TD></TR></TABLE>

inhaling freon = major buzz and serious headache afterwards
Old 12-23-2003, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jim Truett &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

for real.... i passed on the sniffing, though. i had a 18" fan in the engine bay blowing away from me at full blast....

Modified by Team 4R at 11:11 PM 12/23/2003
Old 12-24-2003, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jim Truett &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

as well as a huge fine for letting freon into the atmosphere dumbass

Quick Reply: need help pulling a/c system *56k, get cable*