Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need help....NYC&L.I

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help....NYC&L.I

whatsup people...i currently own a stock EK and im about to swap my engine with an Si motor...im gonna purchase the swap myself but im kinda debating where to get the work done. i mean i no some people that can install my motor but their kinda on the Not Trustworthy side. so if anyone knows any shops that frequently swap honda motors in the NYC/LI area please let me know. (No junkyards)
Old 05-09-2005, 10:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: I put on my robe and wizard hat, NY...err Bay Area--->Texas
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Need help....NYC&L.I (SigleyEK)

You said no Junkyards... LOL you killed me right there.

Seriously though, I had a transmission changed at a shop behind shea about two years ago (this was before I started to wrench on cars) and they didn't do a bad job, they even threw in a free axle. this was an AT and it only cost me 500 bucks, thats parts AND labor.

Since you live in Flushing, you may want to consider this, since you can probably just hop on a bus or the #7 to get there. Or, if you have a driveway or garage, why not try doing it yourself? Depending on what kind of EK you own, it may not even be that difficult wiring at all.

GL whatever you decide man, and for your car's sake and your peace of mind I hope you've invested in some good security. Its getting hard to own a nice honda out here. Thats why mine looks like ***.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need help....NYC&L.I (HalfAnP)

thanks for ur input...yea i know about shea...ive had work done there plenty of time with my other cars, but swapping an engine supposedly is a dumb thing to do over there. 90% of their parts are stolen as well. even if i were to buy the engine on my own and let them install it...i heard they just steal it back from u but i dun really know..theres a couple places i got im mind but i know labor is gonna be a bitch cause i need a/c installed as well (going back to school next sememster in FL)
Old 05-10-2005, 06:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need help....NYC&L.I (SigleyEK)

Well i know this is probally a ways out from L.I. but there's a place in the bronx called stage 3 that does a great job. Swaps are gonna be real expensive so if you can handle the price they will set you right.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:33 AM

Default Re: Need help....NYC&L.I (BLACK3drEG-GSIR-R)

stage 3 used to be a good shop, now with the new people running it ( within the last year or 2 ) its sucks monkey *****.

an si into an ek is an easy direct bolt in. (as mentioned before)
undo shift linkage and hoses, then undo the motor mounts and the old engine is out.

do it yourself you will save alot of cash, and you will gain knowledge of your ride so you can wrench it downthe road.
besides when you go to shops everyone who walks in knows what you got and what your car has in it.
good luck.

if your not too sure if u can tackle the job search on here you will find step by step guideline on how to do it.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:10 AM

Default Re: Need help....NYC&L.I (Harassing Herbs)

Doing it yourself would be great!!! Only if you have the time and maybe a friend to help you (and a rented engine lift).....Go for it!!!
Old 05-10-2005, 09:16 AM
Electrician

IMO, do it yourself. Find some of you trustworthy friends to give you a hand. Back in the day, there was a warehouse at Shea that only had JDM engines from Honda, Nissan, Mitsubishi, etc...etc...etc...they had rows and rows of all Honda-series engines from you to choose from. I'm not entirely sure if it's still there, but you might want to make a pass. It was more toward the expressway than the rear, so at one of the 1st streets, make a left and it should be around there. Ask around aswell.

I wouldn't trust anyone over there to do any type of swap for me. Do it yourself.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Dimitri_EG8)

Yea you should definately diy but if you prefer to have a shop do it heres a few that are close by:

DRT RACING http://www.drtracing.com
RPMNYC http://www.rpmnyc.com/
NRGTECH http://www.nrgtechracing.com/

Full Throttle Parts & Performance Inc
(718) 326-1052
6067 Fresh Pond Rd
Maspeth, NY 11378