Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need Help On Hatch Pin For My 97 Honda Civic CX

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 06:54 PM
Cav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help On Hatch Pin For My 97 Honda Civic CX

*I Put This In The Civic Fourm Because The Problem Is Relating To A 97 Civic Not A question About Installing A Hatch Pin In Any Car...But Mods If You Feel It Needs To Be Movied Just Move It..Thanks*

Now On For The Question

hey a guy i know did my alarm install and was unable to do a hatch/trunk pin in my 97 honda civic hb cx version because their is no light in my hatch area. I guess he was gonna wire it up to that so when the light turned on (when the hatch) is open the alarm would go off
so who has done this before or knows how..maybe pictures or a how to or just some general info would be great!!!!!

please help guys/gals

THANKS!!!
Old 07-21-2003, 09:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need Help On Hatch Pin For My 97 Honda Civic CX (Cav)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cav &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">*I Put This In The Civic Fourm Because The Problem Is Relating To A 97 Civic Not A question About Installing A Hatch Pin In Any Car...But Mods If You Feel It Needs To Be Movied Just Move It..Thanks*

Now On For The Question

hey a guy i know did my alarm install and was unable to do a hatch/trunk pin in my 97 honda civic hb cx version because their is no light in my hatch area. I guess he was gonna wire it up to that so when the light turned on (when the hatch) is open the alarm would go off
so who has done this before or knows how..maybe pictures or a how to or just some general info would be great!!!!!

please help guys/gals

THANKS!!!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

the wires that would power the light are still there. they're the same wires that go to the trunk light in the gauge cluster. one day i was bored and stuck in a light from a ex coupe.
Old 07-21-2003, 09:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Need Help On Hatch Pin For My 97 Honda Civic CX (civicdxtyper)

Doesn't this only work when the key is in the ignition though?
Old 07-21-2003, 10:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need Help On Hatch Pin For My 97 Honda Civic CX (soundbomber)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by soundbomber &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Doesn't this only work when the key is in the ignition though?</TD></TR></TABLE>

the light in the gauge cluster only turns when the ignition is turned to the on position, but the trunk light lights up whenever the hatch is open, whether the key is in or not. well for you it might not work. i have the ex floor harness for the power windows, and it has the power wire for the light in it already. you'd have to wire it up yourself.
Old 07-21-2003, 10:18 PM

Default Re: Need Help On Hatch Pin For My 97 Honda Civic CX (Cav)

I'm almost positive that it's blue with a black striped wire if it's even in there. You'll find it in the drivers side kick panel in the harness running to the rear.

-Yogi-
Car Install for Best Buy West Covina