Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need Help with Getting Correct Parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 06:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with Getting Correct Parts

So I bought a 95 Civic Hatchback for dirt cheap last night, the guy said it was Si so I assumed it was D16Z6. After looking at the car I came to a conclusion that he was lying because it had manual windows, no power locks, but does have a sunroof... which makes it a VX I believe?

It was dirt cheap because the ECU, radiator, radiator fan, and dizzy were stolen... and probably various other parts too.

I just looked at the engine block code and it said D15B. If I remember correctly, the ECU for it is P08?

Could someone please tell me what distributor do I get? Any dizzy for 1.5L VTEC? And I should also be able to hook up most D series parts between 92-95 Civics with the D15B motor right?

Thanks for your time.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:24 AM
I'm not Rick!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Need Help with Getting Correct Parts

d15 or d15b7?
d15b7 was a po6 (i had that)
the d15b is the jdm vtec that had some weird ecu (p28 works for it)
any d15 dizzy will work (obd1)
Old 04-28-2010, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it's the JDM D15B VTEC engine, then you need a distributor from a '92-'95 Si/EX or a VX. A non-VTEC distributor won't bolt up properly.

It depends on what you mean by "most parts". If you mean bolt-on performance parts (intake, exhaust, & header), then yes. Otherwise you'll have to be more specific.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

D15B, no numbers after the B. I jizzed in my pants when I saw the engine code :D
Old 04-28-2010, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

P28 or P08 ECU though.....?
Old 04-28-2010, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

P08 is the right ECU for that engine, but as Rick said the P28 will work.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Only difference is that VTEC kicks in at 4500 RPM instead of 5500 RPM if I were to use the P28 ECU instead of P08 right? Then everything else hooks up correctly.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The P08 looks for a 1-wire O2 sensor, and the P28 looks for a 4-wire O2 sensor.

Here's more info:
https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/diff-between-p08-p28-ecus-2359592/
Old 04-28-2010, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am going to start posting pictures up so everyone can see what I am working with... I am gonna need all the help I can get. Seems like quite a few things are missing. For some reason I feel like I have an extra transmission mount..? Maybe someone did a B-swap before and left it there. I just found some chopped wires too... and some lines that look like either it was for turbo or for NOS... hopefully not NOS or I am gonna cry cause its so hard to find one of these D15B motors where I live..
Old 04-28-2010, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here are the pictures
Attached Images           
Old 04-28-2010, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

On pictures 3 and 4, I have no idea what that plug is for... its just hanging around.

At the top of picture 3, u see a blue plug, I really think that was used for NOS... Because there are 2 switches added to the dash.

I opened up the valve cover and timing belt cover, everything seems to be in order... and timing belt is good n' tight. Will open up the oil pan on a good day to look up at the crankshaft and rods

Didn't find any cracks on the motor or tranny, so I am assuming its ok for me to start looking for parts to put this damn thing together.

Can I get someones opinion on if I should just get a new wiring harness? Some of the current one is chopped. I'd like to save a few bucks and salvage whats left of it, as long as its not missing plugs. I will sit there and solder all day if I have to.

I still need an ECU, radiator, and a few other things for it.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That plug is for the purge solenoid valve, that you're missing because the D15B doesn't have one. It's explained in that link I posted in my last post.

Honestly I'd just try to fix the harness first, and if you run into problems, then buy another one.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The small black canister directly below the fuel filter on the firewall... what is it for and where do the hoses go? I have hoses going out of it but it seems like they are cut. I used most of today to try and figure out the "custom" lines and other stuff the guy put in, I haven't yet to find the rest of the lines for the slave cylinder... Will post pictures later.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its the charcoal canister
Old 04-29-2010, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey where are you from? maybe i can come by and see what you got going on there. i see you need the lower cross member that runs from under the radiator back under the oil pan...or did this car never have one?
Old 04-29-2010, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i was thinking NOS too but i didnt want to jump to conclusions. those parts are almost common as race bling-all show no go. could have been though. is there evidence of bottle bracket mounts in the car? probably in the trunk
Old 04-29-2010, 09:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn-all the power steering stuff is gone too
Old 04-29-2010, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

is it just me? or does that proportioning alve have alot of traffic? like ABS stuff? if so, that connector in pic 3 and 4 could be for the ABS unit...although i normally see them lower in the car under the battery area in front of the trans
Old 04-29-2010, 09:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

never mind- i see the other post made by civic spoon LOL
Old 04-29-2010, 09:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

is that the power steering bracket in the power steering resivore location? or the AC compressor bracket?
Old 04-29-2010, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

do you have the underfuse relay box?
Old 04-29-2010, 10:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't even remember my 93 LX 4-door having the cross member you are talking about.. I did not find any brackets or evidence of a bracket in the car. Its a VX, never had A/C in the first place... however he did give me power steering bracket, I don't know if it had before or he was planning on putting in power steering. The battery was relocated to the rear.

I put in heater inlet and outlet hoses today. Spinned the crankshaft around and didn't hear funny noises.

Could someone please tell me if the radiator fan plug is black and white? I think the people who stole the radiator chopped the plug.

I will be loading more pictures, could someone please tell me what the second plug is? Spoon already eliminated the one closest to the firewall as a purge solenoid plug, which I don't need since D15B does not have purge solenoid.

I am in SE Kansas.

I need to figure out my clutch line, seems like a good chunk is missing off the slave cyinder. Ordered a new throttle cable from Honda today. Did an oil change for giggles, found an oversized filter on it, its so big it covers the circle the filter sits on. It was a Honda filter tho... If I get it running, I will change timing belt and water pump and tensioner and crank seal and do another oil change...
Old 04-29-2010, 10:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

In picture one, the plug on the right is what Spoon said was for the purge solenoid. So what does the one on the left go to... its a really long wire (picture 2). The one Spoon mentioned was closer to the firewall (picture 3).
Attached Images    
Old 04-30-2010, 06:42 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

It looks like the Plug for the TPS sensor as the picture you show of the TB does not have the TPS connector plugged in. (6th picture I believe)
Old 04-30-2010, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

check back in a bit and PM your e-mail to me...or post it here for anyone who has stuff to send you. the forum always removes all my stuff i post from alldata...i guess they dont want people to see it because many dealerships have it IDK, but they always remove it within a couple hours..i thought they would leave it up for all of the members to see. but i got all the diagrams for all the plugs in the harnesses. i got like 50 pages minimum on wiring for your car. the only thing i have to do is find out what your engine and car are exactly. possibly easy when i look up the 95 civic and see how many engine options are available for me to pick as i enter the system. but the VIN would help the most. all except the last 6 numbers. those are the vehicle serial number. i also have OEM numbers but this will take me today to get completed for you

Quick Reply: Need Help with Getting Correct Parts