Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need help with fuse...

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with fuse...

hey, i got 95 civic cx, few weeks ago i found out my brake lights werent working. realizing it was a burned fuse, i bought some new fuses and installed them. but the thing is it keeps burning out. ive have already replaced about 4 fuses, and it keeps burning out. please tell me what is wrong with it. i know that it could be the wire touching a metal but is there anything else that could be causing this? also, while i was toying around with the fuse box, my SRS, the airbag light, came on and wont torn off. the fuse is fine, it just doesnt turn off. any ideas on that?
Old 12-19-2004, 06:38 PM

Default Re: Need help with fuse... (_RedRiceR_)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by _RedRiceR_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the wire touching a metal</TD></TR></TABLE>

there you helped yourself

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by _RedRiceR_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my SRS, the airbag light, came on and wont torn off. the fuse is fine, it just doesnt turn off. any ideas on that?</TD></TR></TABLE>

it should go out in time by itself. it has to check itself to make sure everything is working properly. or reset your ecu (unplug negative battery teminal)
Old 12-19-2004, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Need help with fuse... (civictildeath)

I have already tried restarting the ecu, and its still on. anymore ideas?
Old 12-19-2004, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The SRS light has to be reset and cannot be turned off by disconnecting the battery.

Tools needed:
Flashlight (if needed to search for MES Plug under dash)
2 1/2 ft. piece of small gauge wire (insulation stripped off ends)

(1) Locate MES Plug. It should be located near the driver's side fuse panel under the dash. The harness is yellow with two wires.

(2) Insert one end of a wire into MES Plug (one wire in each contact)

(3) Follow this sequence of shorting the other two leads of the wire and turning the ignition to "on" (not accessory, not start)

-Short and hold the leads while you turn the ignition to on. The SRS Light will illuminate for a few seconds then go off.
-When the SRS Light goes off, unshort the wires. The SRS Light will come back on.
-Short and hold the wires again. The SRS Light will go off.
-When the SRS Light goes off, unshort the wires. The SRS Light will blink twice.
-Turn the ignition off.
-Start engine as normal. The SRS Light should illuminate for a couple of seconds as normal and then go off.

(3a) This series of shorting/unshorting needs to take place within a 4 second window of the SRS Light going on/off each time.

Had this copied somewhere.
Old 12-19-2004, 07:11 PM

Default Re: ([civic])

THANK YOU THANK YOU. ill try that tomorrow and let u know if it worked, thnx again.