Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need help finding the guy who hit and ran on my wife's Civic

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help finding the guy who hit and ran on my wife's Civic

Hey guys,

Here's the deal, my wife's EJ6 was rear-ended a couple of months ago by an uninsured motorist. He said he would pay for everything as long she left the police out. She agreed (dumb, I know).

Anyway, she took the information off of his license, but the address doesn't work, it's just his parents. He is totally skipping out on us and laughing about it.

If there is anyone who "knows how we might be able to find him" or knows where he works please PM me.

His Info:
Salvador Ivan Escobedo
9451 Russell Avenue
Garden Grove, CA 92844
License # D4511107
Phone number (714) 293-7191

She doesn't know what his car was and said it had no plates. This is ridiculous!! Idiots are just out driving around smashing up the cars we put so much time and money into and then split and get away with it. I'm so pissed off at the whole situation, I wish I was there to handle it myself.

P.S. Our uninsured motorist insurance won't cover it because the deductable is too high.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

his parents don't know where he is?
Old 10-14-2005, 09:14 PM
Darth ModerVader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Need help finding the guy who hit and ran on my wife's Civic (SGVridgerunner)

Contact the police and give them his information.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:16 PM

Go to the house.. ask him whats up
Old 10-14-2005, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Need help finding the guy who hit and ran on my wife's Civic (Padawan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civic_driver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">his parents don't know where he is?</TD></TR></TABLE>

pffft....people who end up liek that, its usually because their parents didnt give a ****'s *** about their safety a welfare, so therefore dont know where the **** they are....ever
Old 10-14-2005, 09:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need help finding the guy who hit and ran on my wife's Civic (Sleepy_Red_hatch)

His parents won't give us his whereabouts, they're trying to protect him.

We were told that it's been too long to go to the police, but that's our next move. I kinda wanted to leave the law out of it, more freedom for.....
Old 10-14-2005, 09:33 PM

Default Re: Need help finding the guy who hit and ran on my wife's Civic (SGVridgerunner)

ouch...how old is he, if he's under 18 his parents have to deal with it. Call the cops on them.
Even if you find him there's not much more you could do than kick his ***.
p.s. un-insured drivers, bastards.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:43 PM
As long as I dont have to take out any more Metal Gears

do a stake out on that house, he has to come back sometime, obviously he dont got money, so he has to get it from somewhere to survive
Old 10-14-2005, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need help finding the guy who hit and ran on my wife's Civic (EG-SI(rII))

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EG-SI(rII) &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Even if you find him there's not much more you could do than kick his ***.</TD></TR></TABLE>
That's why I want to keep the cops out of it.

[QUOTE=EG-SI(rII)]how old is he, if he's under 18 his parents have to deal with it. Call the cops on them.
QUOTE]
Now that's something I didn't think of. Unfortunately she didn't write down his birthdate. If we can look that up using his license #, then I will pursue that route, thanks.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:57 PM
Tyte4Door

yeah i would probably call the cops on his parents, but then again if you are gonna just beat his *** then do the stakeout thing. that sucks about the insurance , honestly i'd just call the cops and fill them in on everything and send them to the parents house and if nothing worked out i'd take some legal action and sue thier ***'s for trying to protect that dirtbag and get a bunch o money.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you guys want, you can tell him how much of a dirtbag he is.

Call his cell listed in the first post. His voicemail message is very fitting, check it out.

That would be funny if he got a bunch of messages from people he doesn't know, about something he's trying to forget.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:06 AM

Once your wife entered into an agreement to not call the police and have an accident report made, she actually turned the issue into a civil matter. The police cannot enforce anything at this point, so calling them would only waste your time.

You can take him to small claims court and seek restitution that way.

-OR- Go beat him down like a dog. It won't get your car fixed but it may teach him a lesson...
Old 10-16-2005, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need help finding the guy who hit and ran on my wife's Civic (Cuda70)

She only made a verbal agreement, just like the verbal agreement he made to pay for the damage.

We've already tried to sue, but we can't find him. We served the address that was on his license, but it came back as "no longer a resident". His parents are not telling us where he his staying, but it's local because he still works.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am pleased to announce that we (the H-T community) got through to him. My wife received a call from him this morning to arrange a meeting on Friday to pay us.

Thank you all for your help. I will let you know what happens on Friday.

You guys rock!!
Old 10-17-2005, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow thats pretty kool that it got through to him

good luck with it all.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SGVridgerunner &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am pleased to announce that we (the H-T community) got through to him.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's awesome!!! Let us know what happens Friday though.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need help finding the guy who hit and ran on my wife's Civic (SuperSteve737)

We got the money!

We will be fixing the car shortly. Thanks again for all your help!