Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need Help With EK Fogs

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help With EK Fogs

First of all let me introduce myself.

My name is Dennis and im from Orlndo , FL. i just moved to PR and its great down here. I bought a 00 civic a few months ago , already have most of the things i wanted to do to it done.

well i recently purchased a set of fogs for the ek off ebay ( didnt have the cash to pay almost $400 for the ones from password jdm) and i just got them. and i was wondering im looking at all the plugs and wires and it just making me confused. i have a guide but it seems a little complicated. any of you guys can tell me what i need to do? and also , instead of putting the fog switch near the stearing wheel can i put it near the e- brake. or is there any way i can wire them so that they come on with my headlights? thank you
Old 06-28-2007, 07:21 PM

Default Re: Need Help With EK Fogs (PREKGSR)

anyone? please ?
Old 06-28-2007, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PREKGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">First of all let me introduce myself.

My name is Dennis and I'm from Orlando , FL. i just moved to PR and its great down here. I bought a 00 civic a few months ago , already have most of the things i wanted to do to it done. Welcome.

well i recently purchased a set of fogs for the ek off ebay ( didnt have the cash to pay almost $400 for the ones from password jdm)
If you were going to spend $400 for Password JDM fogs, you mine as well as bought OEM fogs. Better quality.
and i just got them. and i was wondering im looking at all the plugs and wires and it just making me confused. i have a guide but it seems a little complicated. any of you guys can tell me what i need to do? and also , instead of putting the fog switch near the stearing wheel can i put it near the e- brake. or is there any way i can wire them so that they come on with my headlights?
If your foglight switch is wired up properly and depressed (ie turned on), the fog lights will only turn on when the headlights are on, so yes.

You can "extend" the fog light button by buying more wiring, but the fog light switch won't fit in the 4 plug-in areas by the e-brake. You'd have to use a switch and get that situated first. Not sure how you'd do this, somebody on here must know. Try clicking "Search" on the top right and search in both current and "Archived Content".

thank you</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 06-28-2007, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its pretty easy to install the fog lights, I did them on my ek. This is the way I wired my fog lights but you can do it any way you want. After I cut the holes in the bumper and mounted the fog lights i ground the ground wire to the frame, power wire (passenger side) to the battery. Connect all the fog lights to the relay. Then there was one red wire that went thru the fire wall inside that connected to the switch/button, white wire went to the the open plug under the dash on the fuse panel, and then the black wire was grounded under the steering column.

if you get the switch that fits next to the ebrake or just any switch that fits from the auto parts store you can run the wires to it and it should work.

hope i made sense
Old 06-28-2007, 07:41 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Need Help With EK Fogs (ke98248)

http://www.handaaccessories.co...s.pdf

Instructions.

http://www.handaaccessories.com/civext00.html

Place to buy them for $130 brand new for OEM Stanley fogs.